It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 2:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Hoard 
Stranger

Post Hoard
Shit this achievement is impossible, the fireworks go off if the princes is returned to a castle.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:14 am
Stranger

Post Re: Hoard
OK the first map is the one to do it with, stick to the right upper corner, where there is some water, the knights cant reach you there and if you keep the towers from upgrading close by you are fairly safe in that corner. Oh and eat a princess every once in a while :D.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:23 am
Minor Diety

Haha, thanks again for the game Peltz! I've played the tutorial and first level a bit and it's good fun. Reminds me a little of a competitive Dungeon Keeper. I'm playing it with my gamepad though, because keyboard and mouse didn't really feel right. I'd recommend anyone else to do the same to enjoy it to the fullest.

Haven't done the achievement yet, but I still got plenty of time...til the end of the sale so eh. :) Btw, the game just crashed on me (hung, had to ctrl-alt-del kill it), so I hope that doesn't happen too often...

- Coach

Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:36 am
Stranger

Oh and make sure you choose the "hoard" mode when going for the ticket achievement. I think the others modes don't count.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:38 am
Felix Rex

How long do you have to play for that achievement? I managed to survive like 6 minutes before getting pwnt, but didn't earn the achievement. Those damned wizard towers are dangerous. fun game though.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:04 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Around 10ish. The idea is to pwn the towers near that corner and waiting for the giants to spawn, basically its just surviving long enough so the giants can create enough mayhem, when you see knights suddenly storming away from you then the giants have broken a princess carriage and all the knights run to rescue the damsel in distress. Just survive and dont let the towers grow to final tier coz they too hard and too far.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:40 pm
Minor Diety

I got the achievement yesterday without cheesing...I tried it a few times at first, but then I found out the wizard towers in that top corner were still too much of a pain in the ass to keep in check. So I just did it the 'normal' way. Fly around like a madman, burning princess coaches left and right. :P There are a few spots on the map (particularly left and right sides) that aren't covered by more than 1-2 mages towers, so if you can keep them in check a bit you can fly around between those areas to keep the knights busy, and torching coaches. I'd usually pass behind the castle/city in the centre of the bottom of the map, since only the archers can get to you there and they're not fast enough if you fly in a straight line.

Apart from that, I checked out the game a bit more, and I'm sorry to see that the rest of the game is just...breaking your own high score or getting "gold medals". :( I mean, it's still fun, but I'd rather have an actual challenge or goal or a narrative. Some sort of campaign or something. It's a shame because it wouldn't be hard to put in diverse goals per mission.

- Coach

Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]