It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 10:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
F.E.A.R. 3 
Felix Rex

Post F.E.A.R. 3
So, it's out, and I wasn't really impressed, but apparently it's not too bad and allows some co-op play.

May pick it up on sale. :roll: I'm starting to sound like Ox more and more.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/117/1177250p1.html

Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:31 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Post Re: F.E.A.R. 3
Oxifying? :D

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:51 pm
Minor Diety

Lol. Man it'll be a sale soon enough, prolly this weekend. :P So you won't have to worry about sounding like me for too long. ;)

I loved FEAR, thought was FEAR 2 was so-so, so I'm not sure about F3AR.

- Coach

Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:34 am
Stranger

Well Penny Arcade seems to like the game.

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:33 am
Minor Diety

RPS is ok with it too

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/06 ... ent-728252

This is why I love RPS btw, comment thread:

Quote:
Heliosicle says:
06/28/2011 at 00:06

The whole ghost being able to get shot thing may work well for balance but destroys it in terms of realism.

Jim Rossignol says:
06/28/2011 at 00:10

Ha.

Inph says:
06/28/2011 at 00:20

I can confirm that real ghosts can in fact NOT be shot. I’ve seen them with my very eyes, not being shot.

Starky says:
06/28/2011 at 00:27

I can also confirm I’ve never seen a ghost get shot.

Still if TV and Anime has taught me anything it is that ghosts can indeed be shot if the bullets are blessed, engraved with spells and/or contain salt. Or if the gun itself is magical.

Mut says:
06/28/2011 at 00:35

If ghosts really are incorporeal, how come they don’t just fall through the Earth?

Starky says:
06/28/2011 at 00:46

Don’t you know anything? Old or important items buildings and things resonate in the spirit world powerfully enough to be real there.
Buildings and objects in the real world soak up spiritual energy until they contain enough to be solid in the spirit world, which can happen over a long time, or instantly if something significant happens (such as a murder) – and of course the earth usually has more than enough spirit to exist.

I mean, what are they teaching people these days if not your basic spirit world facts?

timmyvos says:
06/28/2011 at 00:59

Telekinesis or hovering or something like that?

mkultra says:
06/28/2011 at 00:59

They can most definitely be shot. I saw it on TV.

Eukatheude says:
06/28/2011 at 01:01

@Mut
But they float, that’s why they don’t just fall.
it’s basic science, right there.

kutkh says:
06/28/2011 at 01:28

If you die as Paxton Fettel, do you become a Double Ghost? If so, I will buy this game.

Kablooie says:
06/28/2011 at 01:36

I can shoot ghosts, with a proton pack.

- Coach

Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:28 pm
Felix Rex

Silly bastards.

BTW, I'm still playing Extraction Point from FEAR 1. It's interesting. The story has me intrigued, actually, since Alma actually seems to like me in this one. :roll: It's also amusing how everyone you like dies a horrible, gruesome and bloody death, though unfortunately the fat guy actually survived being shot in the chest in FEAR. *sigh* Oh, yea, and I recently got blown out of a subway and onto the roof of a parking garage. .... :roll:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:37 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Haha, nothing like the end of FEAR 1 though - woooooshhh!!!

- Coach

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:51 pm
Felix Rex

hehe, yea. I finished extraction point and am now working on the second expansion, Perseus Mandate. I must admit, this one actually made me jump once. Was screwing around with something in a corner (kinda ghost walked by and I followed it) and when I turned around, something was standing behind me. Scared the crap out of me. :roll:

BTw, the extraction point ending was pretty lame. I hope FEAR 2 explains a bit more what's going on.

Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:48 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Hehehe. Well if the entire FEAR trilogy hadn't even scared you even once things would have been pretty bad. :P

According to most, Perseus Mandate is pretty suck, while Extraction Point is regarded as a decent expansion/DLC. So I hope it's ok.

Not sure what you mean re: Extraction Point ending, but details of the FEAR 2 story are sketchy in my head already so I prolyl wouldn't be too much help anyway.

- Coach

Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:57 pm
Felix Rex

Well, if you didn't play Extraction Point, you probably don't know anything about the ending. Let's just say that Extraction Point is all about the main character from FEAR 1 (point man) making it to a helicopter extraction. The ending isn't very satisfying.

Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:34 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]