It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 5:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Battlefield 3 
Felix Rex

Post Battlefield 3
A new video out for Battlefield 3. It's short, but the graphics in the gameplay portions look pretty freaking good. Also support 64 player battles on the PC version. :!:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:32 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Post Re: Battlefield 3
updated trailer... same stuff but more of it.

The story that lead me to the new trailer mentioned there'd recently been a press event by EA on it where they got to see a demo or something (no hands-on). They did mentioned that all input was mouse (not f*cking consoles!) and EA clarified that the PC was what the game was primarily being built for. Yay!

You should be able to tell from the trailer that the graphics are phenomenal.

Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:31 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

MMm it does look really visceral and no sight of "press A" BS. Also surprising is that the debriefer's voice was that of a normal guy, and not the cliché "weary general gravely bass" voice if you know what I mean. :P

- Coach

Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:45 am
Minor Diety

Looks like more of the same for me. Big bright flashing logo's "FOLLOW" and scripted action sequences FTL.

Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:24 am
Minor Diety

At least it looks like it was designed for the PC (ie a separate GUI etc), which is a lot more than we can say for most games these days. :(

- Coach

Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:04 am
Felix Rex

Yea, for that alone I give it props. it's still more of the practically on-rails stuff, which I agree can get really old. I prefer some choice in how I approach something. Still, it can be fun. I see it more as a mildly interactive action movie. :roll: The multiplayer part is a lot more open though. that does allow some tactical choice, and is typically the real meat of the Battlefield games anyway.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:40 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]