It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 3:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
X3: Terran Conflict 
Felix Rex

Post Re: X3: Terran Conflict
Here's a video of my flying around my 'home' sector in my enhanced jaguar. I recovered this ship during a mission and it's almost the fastest ship in the game. the Kestrel is 2kph faster. :roll:

at any rate, I fly through the PTNI headquarters (an NPC station), the by my silicon mine, fly through my massive factory complex, then finish up by flying around my gold fleet and Mammoth. I swear I'll vid some combat at some point. :P

http://clankiller.com/stuff/satisx3tc_mySector.wmv

I attempted to start doing the Hub quests in my Vidar, since my combat rank is only master chief at the moment (brought it down so I could complete the goner quests). I found the Xenon sector I needed, which was 2 in, but there were 3 Xenon Qs waiting for me on the other end. I turned around and went back through the gate without a shot fired, but there's no way my Vidar can take on 3 Qs. A xenon Q is an M7, so one step more powerful than my M6 Vidar. I can take them out one-on-one, but 3 simultaneous would probably whoop me. They're pretty fast, too, so getting out of range would take too long and I've probably be pummeled to death. I only have 6 wraith missiles left...I think 3 or 4 per Q may be enough to take em out. However, they've got a few second reload time per missile, so that would require some serious jinking and weaving while I wait for missile reload. the Qs are unfortunately practically on top of the gate. If I had some distance (20-30km would be awesome) then I could just lob missiles at them until they died.

Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:21 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Cool vid. Of course, I can't really make out most of it but it has a great vibe to it. :)

Re: the planet thing...I guess it's a somewhat elegant solution, but it's still kinda lame. Like a spaceship capable of major spaceflight is gonna explode from a stupid re-entry. :roll:

- Coach

Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:10 pm
Stranger

The lack of decent story and character interaction is the reason why i dont play it anymore. Sure i fire it up occasionally but only for a day or so. At the end of all those countless hours you are left with nothing, you play the severely limited engine and that's about all you get.

Still its addictive as hell, like Mount and Blade.

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:36 am
Felix Rex

I like building up fleets and making money. I don't know why. There are several story arcs... I'm working my way through those.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:45 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2