It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 3:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Iron Grip: Warlord 
Minor Diety

Post Iron Grip: Warlord
I think we should setup a game next weekend between me, ox, satis and ocram.

It's a pretty funny ass game. Basically horde defence in a kind medieval futuristic setting.

Unfortunately we only seem to be able to play on dedicated servers at the moment as opposed to our own local one, but that shouldnt be a big problem. Ox and I had fun.

It's all about finding the right choke points and building MG nests / AT turrets / traps / dispensers, etc. You upgrade and repair them too, but you can also buy new weapons like counterstrike, and even upgrade your own abilities, e.g. Starting health, firepower, speed, etc.

The enemy is mainly a horde of soldiers, but sometimes they roll in with tanks and weird ass machines. We played on Easy. We lost the first few games as we were getting to grips with it, but then we pwned hard.

I suggest we have a stab at it next weekend.

Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:20 pm
Minor Diety

Post Re: Iron Grip: Warlord
Yeah, it's surprisingly good! It's like a mix of a tower defense and an FPS (and co-op). There are some minor niggles but they're balanced out by having awesome bunkers and AT turrets to build (and HMG's to buy). :p I'm totally down for a try next weekend. :)

- Coach

Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:41 pm
Felix Rex

yea, sounds good, I'm certainly interested.

Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:44 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

We tested it yesterday...O'Cram quickly dropped because of his noobiness (didn't understand the game at all) but we had good times. :) Nothing like popping out of a destroyed building and pumping a rocket into a walker threatening to roll over your defenses. :twisted:

- Coach

Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:18 am
Minor Diety

It's pretty fun.

I'm interested to see if anything more will be thrown into the mixer. If you think about it, theres only 4 types of enemy.

Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:35 am
Minor Diety

There are actually a lot of (well, more than 4) different types, they just look a lot alike from a distance and in the chaos of battle

http://igwarlord.isotx.com/Game/Encyclo ... fault.aspx

http://igwarlord.isotx.com/Game/Encyclo ... fault.aspx

- Coach

Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:01 am
Felix Rex

yea, I noticed the variety, actually... guys with rockets, guys with flamethrowers, guys with shields and pistols, the officers, and then the walkers and at least 2 types of tanks. I could've followed Ox's link,but bah. I played a bit yesterday on a random server... it's fun. Medium is a lot harder and can turn into a zerg fest.

Ultimately, the parts that took a minute for me to pick up:

At the bottom center of your screen you get 'points'. Points are awarded for killing and, I think, if a building you built kills something.
You can spend points to buy stuff. Hit 'm' to upgrade yourself... buy weapons, upgrade health, upgrade damage, etc.
Or, you can buy and upgrade structures. Hit g to go into RTS mode and then you can build structures or upgrade existing ones.

You can upgrade other peoples' structures, but I've come to realize that, unless you're really getting whaled on and have to cooperate, nobody's going to upgrade yours. In RTS mode you can also see the health of all buildings, and you can fix them with the wrench.

After that, it's easy to play. And it doesn't take a full server to have fun.

Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:17 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]