It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 5:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
xmas comes early for derf 
Minor Diety

Post xmas comes early for derf
I'm feeling the love today. Shiny gifted me Osmos, then I get the Indie Pack from Rinox.

*huggles*

Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:07 pm
Minor Diety

Post Re: xmas comes early for derf
I've noticed some gifts in my e-mail, didn't have the chance to see what it's all about but have to thank Shiny for those. So i'm hijacking the thread for that.

THANK YOU SHINY!! (big hug)

~King of Thieves~

Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:13 pm
Felix Rex

Those Steam gift packs is probably one of the smartest moves they've made in a while... and they make smart moves pretty regularly.

Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:09 am
Profile WWW
Count

Well I have to thank Ox for my world of goo!!! yay! you guys are awesome!!! And Satis is kinda to blame for the gifts cause he looked at them daily and told me what he wanted so I would buy them and give them away haha.

Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:04 am
Minor Diety

hehehe, well you're probably the only person I know who has enough people on her friends list to actually give away all those games to! I have a grand total of, what, 8 people on there? Many of which I already gifted games like world of goo to before. :( But yeah, the gift packs are enticing and fun.

Perhaps we can even set up a sort of carrousel too, if a relatively recent title that we all like/are interested appears in a giftpack one of us could buy it and gift the rest. Games like Just Cause 2, I mean (which I know Satis has but just for example). We'll see. :)

Funny thing is, I have a friend who sometimes comes over and sees my steam games list (over a 100 easily) and goes like OMGWTFBBQ. The reality is that thanks to ridiculo-sales, I don't even spend all that much on gaming. I rarely buy games on release or at full price. The only three games I can recall this year were Starcraft 2 and New Vegas. Mafia 2 was at 50% through preorder, and even NV I managed to shave 15 € off thanks to creative accounting and a little help from a friend. :roll: The rest...almost all below 10 €, sometimes, WAY below. Given that there are people who spend much more than a 1000 bucks a year on cigarettes, that's actually pretty awesome.

Thanksgiving sales loots (from memory):

- Alpha Protocol / 7.5€
- Kane & Lynch 2 / 7.5€
- Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light /7.5€
- Gish, Puzzle Agent, Jolly Rover, Recettaer / 5€ (already owned And Yet it Moves, which is a great little game)
- Altitude, Dogfighter, Flotilla, Plain Sight / 5€ (already owned gratuitious space battles)
- Defense Grid: The Awakening / 0 € (gift from Shiny!)

-----------------------------------------------
Total: 33 € for 11 games!! Among which I definitely wanted to play AP, Lara Croft, Flotilla, Recettear and Gish. Those alone are almost worth 33€, the rest is a sweet, sweet bonus.

(oh and I also bought O'Cram, Derf and Shiny some stuff but that only came out to 10€ in total)

- Coach

Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]