It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 2:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 305 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Team Fortress 2 
Minor Diety

Post Re: Team Fortress 2
O'Cram's "ethnic" trading tactics strike again

Subject: I NEED
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 14:14:35 +0000

A VINTAGE BACKBURNER! willing to give extra weapons for it!

----------------------------------------------------------

Subject: RE: I NEED
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 16:27:17 +0200

I have one - wait until tonight and i'll trade you for it.

What do you need it for?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well you COULD gift it to me...for my generosity...

Notice how it starts with "i'll give you several items" and then, on the first sign of an actual trade, it drops to "maybe you should just give it to me". What a fucking shark. :lol: He tricked Derf in a similar way, telling him he'd get Ze Goggles for him if he gave him X amount of items. Derf did give those items (he doesn't really care), only to hear that O'Cram couldn't actually GET him the goggles - but that he would "eventually".

I swear....king of the jews. :lol:

- Coach

Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:39 am
Minor Diety

Heh, according to http://www.tf2items.com/profiles/76561197995226789 i found a crate but it hasn't been added yet ... what? :?

~King of Thieves~

Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:27 am
Minor Diety

Mm, weird. It may be added once you join a new server...there's sometimes a delay on finding items, even if you buy from the store.

Hey J, want to trade a vintage Sandman + a vintage direct hit? I'll give you a scrap metal for them. :)

- Coach

Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:39 am
Minor Diety

I can spare that sandman, but if i want to craft a Black Box i need a direct hit. If anyone has a regular one i can spare the vintage one (don't ask how many vintage weapons i crafted into metal :P ).
I'm surprised btw that i have a scrap metal in my backpack, i thought i used them all while crafting. So i'm not even sure if my correct inventory is showing.

~King of Thieves~

Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:05 am
Felix Rex

apparently I have 2 crates. I thought I only had one. *shrug*

http://www.tf2items.com/profiles/76561197971258184

I have a non-vintage direct hit I'd be willing to trade for a scrap metal.

Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:25 pm
Profile WWW
Count

I looted a black box spare from a crate tonight - not sure if satis needs or not but if he does not want look me up and I will be more than happy to give it to you.

Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:08 am
Minor Diety

I dropped a (non-vintage) direct hit yesterday evening and crafted it into a black box. So i don't really need the vintage one anymore.

The 2 items dropped pretty soon after i started playing, together with the holy mackerel. Slapping people with a fish is so funny.

Got a non-vintage huntsman as well, if anybody wants to craft sidney sleeper and doesn't want to use a vintage bow for it, let me know. Same goes for backup battalion i think.

Anyone interested in (trading for) the box btw? I'm not buying anything to open it anyway.

~King of Thieves~

Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:39 am
Minor Diety

You can probably trade it to O'Cram or Shiny, since they both buy keys. I bought 2 a week ago to see what the store worked like and used them, but I don't think I'll be buying anything else unless there's more price-quality offer. 2€ is just too much. Alternatively, just offer the crate on a server you visit for like 1-2 scrap or even a reclaimed. Someone's bound to buy it after some time. I personally try to selll them for a reclaimed, and the duelling minigame for one scrap. :P

The only thing I can see myself potentially buying in the short term is one of the birthday 'random' presents. I'd have to invite a friend to an empty server to actually give it of course. :roll:

J, I'll trade you a scrap metal for that vintage sandman + vintage direct hit then, if you're cool with that. :) I don't really 'want' the direct hit a such (I think it's a noobie luck weapon) but I do want to try and get as many vintage items as possible. ;) They're only gonna rise in value. I'll also give you a scrap metal for that crate if you don't feel like trying to sell it to random people for more, your call.

(and I really, really want the Holy Mackerel! If anyone has it, drop me a line)

P.S. The Gloves of Running Urgently are pretty awesome if you have a medic teaming up with you - me and Derf had fun with them yesterday. *heavy voice* I was told we would be fighting men!

- Coach

Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:57 am
Minor Diety

Mm sandman + reclaimed metal is a bit pricy to craft it perhaps, i hope you see it drop sometime soon. If you feel like crafting it, you can have my non-vintage sandman.

Btw can you post a link to your inventory, maybe you have some non-vintage items i can use for crafting as well.

Gotta look up the differences between all the metals, so that i don't get screwed over when i try to offer the crate to some noobs. :P

~King of Thieves~

Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:58 am
Minor Diety

I i'm not gonna craft the Mackerel, I just need a vintage sandman. :( I lost it during the Golden Wrenches madness and didn't find another one after. And scout is one of my fav classes.

Good idea on the inventories. I'll make a sticky perhaps.

- Coach

Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:11 am
Felix Rex

I still need the black box, shiny shizzle, so don't give it away.

I'm not crafting any of the new weapons any more... refined metal is just too worth too much. I'm just going back to collecting stuff and crafting it into scrap -> reclaimed -> refined, I guess. But I won't be crafting away any of my vintage weapons.

Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:43 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Damn...25-40k in royalities for people who made an item

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/66120

Sure wish I could model for shit now. :(

- Coach

Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:17 pm
Felix Rex

oh, shazam. Next time they have a model contest, can someone let me know? For that kind of cash, I'd totally slog away in Maya for awhile.

Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:43 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

hehehe, I'll give you a heads-up. :P Although you can always make and submit hats

http://www.teamfortress.com/contribute/

not sure if the payouts are only for people who won the contests or for everyone who made an item which was then sold in the shop though...

I had some awesome hat ideas and a friend who is a bit of a 3D whizz and we agreed to make a hat or item or two...then he got busy and it never came up again. Now I have no items or cash. :/

- Coach

Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:03 am
Minor Diety

A (Valve-supported) TF2 contest here:

http://www.kritzkast.com/uncensored/

Good luck!

- Coach

Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 305 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next