It is currently Tue Oct 01, 2024 5:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Thanks for the gtkRadiant articles... 
Beggar

Post Thanks for the gtkRadiant articles...
Thought i'd register and say thanks for the gtkRaidiant articles you put up.
I'm actually using netRadiant but things are pretty much the same.

I've recently made a resurgence with quake/quake arena (we've moved into a new office at work and I'm setting up an arena server, and thought I'd make a couple of custom levels).

Clean and concise, very helpful. so ... thanks.

A question while I'm here, is it usual to see most rooms built around a pure XYZ plane rather than at off angles? I was working with octagonal rooms with corridors coming off at 22.5/45 degree angles, but the tooling doesn't allow rotation of the "cursor" axes, so once my object is rotated it makes working in it quite cumbersome, leading to some inventive methods for joining bits together.

(title edited to make it less spam like :)

Last edited by markf on Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:33 am
Minor Diety

Post Re: Just a quick thanks
Man, I was just about ready to delete your post cause it looked so spammy...guest account, new thread going "just a quick thanks" :lol:

Welcome back and I'm sure Satis will answer soon.

- Coach

Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:39 am
Beggar

Post Re: Thanks for the gtkRadiant articles...
haha! yes, i should have thought the world is so plagued with spam that that might have come across a bit bot-like

Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:03 am
Minor Diety

"...now click this link for your chance to win a years supply of penis enlargement pills"

:) jk

Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:24 am
Felix Rex

lol. You're welcome. Thanks for thanking. :roll:

I've honestly not worked in radiant for years and years now, but yea, it seems to not be built with the concept or working outside of the x/y/z planes. I'd probably be tempted to build everything using blocks on x/y/z and then using the clipping tool to actually make stuff at an angle, but ultimately it doesn't really matter... it still ends up a mess. Then again, I think radiant ends up being a mess any time you get a lot of brushes all together in one area. I remember some of the ridiculous drudge work I went through filling in caulk holes and stuff in more complicated structures.

At any rate, I'm glad you enjoy the tutorials, and thanks for the taking the time to tell me you liked them.

Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:34 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]