It is currently Tue Oct 01, 2024 9:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Evil Genius 
Felix Rex

Post Evil Genius
Ox asked me to post some stuff about my ongoing game of Evil Genius. So I figured I'd throw up some screenies. Behold my base of DOOM on the second island.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:18 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Post Re: Evil Genius
Love it, thanks!! :)

Interesting idea to try and fence off your helipad with buildings, never thought of that. I did make a ton of additional 'dead end' entrances like you did though to throw off agents and have them run into traps. :twisted:

Looking at the screenshots makes me all warm and fuzzy on the amazing art style. The game looks almost like it hasn't aged because of it (TF2 and even WoW have similar qualities).

Btw...the Russian guy, do you have him? He's awesome in some ways but that rocket launcher fucks your base up... =(

P.S. love the prisons
P.P.S. A little late but http://www.evilbastard.org/slight/egplanner.php

- Coach

Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:24 am
Felix Rex

lol at the layout planner. No, I don't have the Russian guy. I'd picked him up in a previous game and realized he was far more dangerous than he was worth.

I'm playing the female evil genius since I played the midget before. I started off with Eli Barracuda

Then I picked up The Matron

Next I picked up The Butcher (love him)

Followed up by Jubei fairly recently

And most recently I picked up The Great Mesmero

I'll try to get some more pics of my lair, though it's mostly not all that interesting. and I have power stations shoved in all kinds of corners due to my insane power usage, mostly because of my external guns.

Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:25 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Iirc The Butcher had an insane melee attack that could almost instakill most secret agents? Or something? I remember loving him too and I think it was because of that.

- Coach

Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:37 am
Felix Rex

Jubei is actually really awesome because he can shadow walk (teleport) anywhere on the island instantly. He then has a special attack that does buttloads of damage.

Not so sure about the Butcher... I just like the character. When you double-click him, it zooms in and he pulls out a butcher thing, draws it across his throat, and melodramatically drops it on the ground. Totally awesome.

I may have to vid that. :roll:

BTW, I hacked my save game to restore all my henchmen's lives. I've constantly got super-heroes on my island, and unless I totally super micromanage my henchmen, they'll run into one and get killed. My matron lost 2 lives. :( So I hacked them all back to 3 lives again. I'm not ok with all the stupid micromanagement that's required, but overall, great game.

Would it really have killed them to have a "run away from super agents" option on your henches?

Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:25 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

lol. I hear you.

Btw this is the Butcher's 'flurry' I was talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbvNqzSn8io

- Coach

Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:29 am
Minor Diety

Evil Genius torture vid. Amazing. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0aJSwZf ... re=related

- Coach

Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:35 am
Felix Rex

The butcher animation when you zoom into him

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:53 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Watched it yesterday, still cool. :)

Does the knife make a 'clang' sound when dropped on a stone/metal floor? :P

- Coach

Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:05 am
Felix Rex

*shrug*

beats me.

The only problerm with the game is it becomes a micro-managing mess. I regularly have 2-4 agents running around my island tearing up shit, so I have to send in several minions and beat them unconscious or lure them in front of sentries. Rinse, repeat, over and over again. If I don't pay attention, Jet Chan will insinuate himself into my line of dudes running to the boat and will annihilate my henchmen. I had all my diplomats massacred and had to kidnap one again. :evil:

Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:46 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

So you finish it yet, Evil Satis?

- Coach

Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:18 am
Felix Rex

I've put it down for now. I got annoyed with all the micro management I had to do, what with all the superagents constantly bugging me. I wish there was a way I could just permanently task several of my henchmen to stand over an incapped super agent to put him down any time he woke up. But no. I have to hover there and keep them from walking away constantly.

Anyway, I'll go back to it eventually.

Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:58 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]