It is currently Tue Oct 01, 2024 8:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising 
Felix Rex

Post Re: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
Now you just have to figure out how to enable hardcore for coop multiplayer. :roll:

Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:18 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I have been looking on the OPF2 forums and it is definitely possible to play hardcore mode in co-op according to some of the things I read so far. I may post a question there HOW you do it if I can't find an answer.

btw I'd be up for more this weekend if we are all available. I may crash again but I updated the drivers sho who knows? Maybe it'll stay stable.

(also, wtf is up with the compass being ommitted from the hardcore mode. Red enemy markers make no sense on hardcore, but surely they have a freaking compass to know what is North and what is South?!)

- Coach

Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:55 am
Minor Diety

Found it!

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/ ... dcore.html

Quote:
After you click 'start campaign', there's yet another screen after that where you get to select which campaign (there's just one for now until the mission editor gets put to work). Above "Dragon Rising" campaign, you select difficulty.

- Coach

Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:21 am
Minor Diety

Rinox wrote:
I have been looking on the OPF2 forums and it is definitely possible to play hardcore mode in co-op according to some of the things I read so far. I may post a question there HOW you do it if I can't find an answer.

btw I'd be up for more this weekend if we are all available. I may crash again but I updated the drivers sho who knows? Maybe it'll stay stable.

(also, wtf is up with the compass being ommitted from the hardcore mode. Red enemy markers make no sense on hardcore, but surely they have a freaking compass to know what is North and what is South?!)

You could probably use the map to see which direction you're facing.

Otherwise, the sun.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:16 am
Minor Diety

But what about firefights? Your character only says "enemy soldiers NW" or something. I'm not gonna whip out my map to check which direction is North during a firefight. :roll:

Also, a real-life compass would be a thousand times more useful for navigating than a map. At least you can adjust your course on the spot and can respond immediately to any deviations from your line. Which, as you will know if you ever actively used a compass on hard terrain, happens all the time. :(

I'm gonna find a mod for an active compass during hardcore mode. :P I'm all for realism, but there's no way it's realistic for a special ops team to not have a compass.

Sun may be an alternative but I doubt the makers put that much detail into the game that its position is accurately represented vis-à-vis the time of the day.

- Coach

Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:27 am
Felix Rex

I agree that a compass would be really handy. And not unrealistic. BTW, I did see the difficulty settings in co-op, but I'm pretty sure they were grayed out. You can check if you'd like... I could be wrong.

I'm definitely up for another run this weekend.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:09 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah they cover that in the thread (I think). It's confusing:

Quote:
To change the difficulty there, when you get to the scenario select screen, where you choose what coop map to play, right above that is the difficulty selection. Took me a while to realize that myself.

The original greyed out difficulty doesnt matter for coop campaign, just the one on the map select screen.

- Coach

Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:39 am
Minor Diety

You pussies.

Check the map once. Take a couple of visual references and keep them in the back of your mind.

:shock:

Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:22 am
Felix Rex

haha... you keep a visual reference while you're crawling through grass with bullets whizzing by over head. :roll: Derf talks a lot of shit, but we'll see how often he runs us in the wrong direction. :roll:

Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:40 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Haha, yeah, I don't know if you're trying to make it more realistic or just more hard Derf.

I'm eagerly awaiting your map-induced ambush deaths. :P

Btw I tested the difficiulty setting things - it's like they said in the thread. So shouldn't be a problem.

- Coach

Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:25 pm
Felix Rex

Sounds good. Looking forward to trying it out.

Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:29 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

As you may have noticed I wasn't around yesterday. I should be up for a game tonight though, hopefully crash-free.

- Coach

Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:24 am
Felix Rex

I'm here. What time are we getting started? I need to hit the grocery store and maybe the gym at some point, but I tend to drink during our sessions, which kinda rules both of those out. :P

Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:56 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

im going tot he movies around 9 uk time.

Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:15 am
Felix Rex

I presume we're doing this earlier, then. That makes it about 3pm my time as the cut off: works for me.

Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:21 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next