Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising 
Felix Rex

Post Re: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
So are we playing this weekend?

Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:30 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

There is a small chance of me having a date on Saturday so I'll put it up as tentative...but I'd say that I will be available. :)

- Coach

Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:54 am
Felix Rex

heh.... Saturday night I'm going bar hopping, but that's not till 8pm my time, so like 2am UK time. I don't think that'll be a problem.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:38 pm
Profile WWW
Count

hehe Satis has a birthday coming up and we will celebrate it with lots of booze.

Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:16 am
Minor Diety

Is there another way to celebrate? :wink: Eating teenage Asian girl steak probably.

yeah, by the time we're going to be on Saturday you'll only be starting ease-in drinking at home probably. No worries.

- Coach

Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:44 am
Felix Rex

yea, but I'm going to try not to get crazy drunk. I never do well after 8 solid hours of drinking.

Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:15 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Ox you whore. Get a more stable internet connection!

Okay, now that we got that 1st annoying mission out of the way, i think we can start thinking about playing properly. First off, what does everyone think about disabling the waypoint markers and enemy indicators? I think we should get rid of them to get into the proper spirit of things.

Also, before our next session im gonna post the mission objectives of the next mission here, so we can look at them and at least know what we're doing :) It's not rocket science i know, but I like the idea of maybe discussing the mission plan a few days before rather than hopping in and doing it all on the fly.

Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:16 pm
Felix Rex

sure, I'm up for both. Good game btw, we handled it a lot more professionally than when we played the demo. :roll: Other than when Derf naded me.

Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:20 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Okey dokey. *puts on armchair commanders hat*

So according to the briefing, mission 2 seems pretty straightforward. Our only objective is to destroy the "Sunburn" site which is some kind of AA thing. We're the engineer team again, so were just gonna have to do our thing (blow shit up and chopper out).

We have a recon team with us this time. Not sure what they're gonna be doing, but hopefully they'll be helpful.

We're up against lightly armed enemies, so I guess we're good to rock n roll without having to sneak around. There are some LAV's around though, so whoever is carrying the AT weapon, know how to use it. ;)

We'll land somewhere on the beach and the objective isnt that far. There is high ground ahead. I suggest we take it and reccy the AA site before going down to take it out. Other than that, the area looks pretty straightforward. No bunkers and shit, that's what i mean.

Oh and by the way, we're onto the main island now and it's freakin huge.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:19 pm
Felix Rex

So...how do we disable the waypoints and enemy markers?

Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:41 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I'm assuming that's somewhere in options....
:oops:

Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:27 pm
Felix Rex

I poked around in there some more and didn't find it. I did find that if you choose cooperative and single mission (instead of campaign), you can then choose the difficulty. But in my case I seemed to only have a single map option and no way to change it, so not so good. There seem to have been some pretty silly design decisions made for this game.

Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:54 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I have the 2nd map option, so that's not a problem.

Damn, if we can't find these disable-marker options, i'll have to search for a mod. I can't really do things by half. I have either the full realism experience, or nothing at all. I dislike the idea of having an enemy radar. We're not playing Goldeneye :D

Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:22 am
Felix Rex

we're gonna get pwnt

Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:14 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Found it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKAcjwln7Wk

I wonder if it disables respawn too.

Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:45 am