It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 10:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 305 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next
Team Fortress 2 
Minor Diety

Post Re: Team Fortress 2
I think one of the great merits of this game is that since there are so many classes, you'll probably find something you're at least decent at.

If you're not so good as an attacker, you play support class like engi or medic. Be sure to try every class and if you're not enjoying playing as class x, perhaps later you'll learn to appreciate it anyway.

I never liked spy, now i (occasionally) love it.

And you've got so many weapons and achievements to unlock :P

~King of Thieves~

Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:07 am
Minor Diety

Haha welcome to the party Shiny :) It's much more a casual thing than anything organised, but I'm sure we'll end up dominating a server soon!

Like J said, there's alsmost always a class that will apppeal to you in general or just at that specific moment. TF2 CK yay!

As for the tags...I dunno...it's kind of 90's. ;) We'll see.

- Coach

Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:35 am
Count

Yes, I have noticed I really enjoy playing the medic. In some of the games I even have had scored in the top 4, but some I was pretty near the bottom. Some of that is I suck at maps so I have to be careful not to get lost.

As for titles and loot stuff I have some already including some gun that Satis has been looking for and was a little excited and bummed I looted it.

I have to admit I kinda like the pyro guy too. But I just like to set people on fire.

Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:23 am
Minor Diety

The pyro is a girl ;) no wonder you like her!

- Coach

Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:43 am
Felix Rex

The pyro is a girl?! Wtf. Anyway, Shiny and I played for several hours yesterday. She's a decent medic already. I have no doubt she'll come to enjoy some of the other classes.

Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:59 am
Profile WWW
Count

Actually I was lucky enough to play some with J today. It was nice being a support character for him and Satis. I am seriously loving this game. I play mostly as a medic but I have noticed there are some retarded people out there playing that waste my buffs when I provide them to the point they even run backward instead of forward. But I like J's playing style. He is easy to find to heal, so makes it low stress but beneficial when I see him.

Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:33 pm
Minor Diety

Yeah, part of being a medic is figuring out who you should über and who not. I'm probably not always your best pick, depends on what class i'm playing.

Lately i love playing as sniper with bow and arrows and jarate. Nothing beats throwing bottles of urine on a bunch of enemies and then the sound of your arrow piercing them.
When you start unlocking new weapons, you'll notice they allow you to play a character in a different way. Like backburner for pyro = more sneaky. Bow for sniper is closer to action, combined with jarate that gives minicrits it helps with defence a lot as well.

Most weapons aren't really better, just different. Only medic weapons are actually better than the original ones, so i hope they drop for you soon enough, or you unlock them with achievements.

btw what gun was satis hoping to loot?

~King of Thieves~

Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:56 am
Minor Diety

I think he's talking about the Direct Hit. :)

Btw, I crafted a hat...and got the Modest Pile of Hat. :(

http://tf2wiki.net/wiki/Modest_pile_of_hat

- Coach

Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:50 am
Felix Rex

nah, I've got the direct hit. The one I still haven't gotten is the demo sticky replacement... the Scottish resistance, I think? That was one of Shiny's first drops. :roll: She's actually gotten a crazy amount of drops already... she has the kritzkrieg and ubersaw already, for instance... man... I remember busting my ass getting achievements for both of those.

She's started experimenting with other classes too. I think she's really digging the game. She started playing spy not too long ago... considering how bad I suck at spy, I wish her luck.

Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:47 am
Profile WWW
Count

J I agree you are not best choice for the uber but.... the people on that team were retarded when I would uber them. I mean when you are a big gunner guy that gets the uber push you run toward the enemy not away. So I'd rather not waste it on a retard.

Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:14 am
Minor Diety

I know exactly what you mean Shiny, seeing an über totally wasted can be frustrating.

Oh, i don't have the scottish resistance either, grrr :x

~King of Thieves~

Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:08 am
Minor Diety

I played some TF2 with O'Cram yesterday on a server where our n00b team kept fucking up (cart almost at checkpoint with a minute to go, an enemy scout caps while a demo and sniper of our team try to hit him from 5 metres away but don't have the sense of getting in front of the cart to block it :? , etc etc) so we decided to team up as a heavy and a medic. After that we pretty much rolled over the opposition. It's funny how a half decent team can become a dangerous team if you just have a decent frontline duo that knows how to defend/attack enemy sentry positions. :roll:

Nothing like destroying a sentry position with an uber, then mowing down opponents as they rally to their base and capping the final point with just the two of you. 8-)

- Coach

Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:03 am
Minor Diety

Derf will love this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVyoiTl4 ... re=related

And this is just plain amazing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn9970dx ... re=related

- Coach

Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:07 pm
Minor Diety

Btw, a lot of signs pointing towards an imminent Engi update...stay tuned. 8-)

- Coach

Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:22 am
Minor Diety

http://www.teamfortress.com/loosecanon/index.html

i think i have to agree with ox here

~King of Thieves~

Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 305 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next