It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 9:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 596 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 40  Next
Left 4 Dead 2!! 
Felix Rex

Post Re: Left 4 Dead 2!!
yea...I guess crowd him and if there's an incap, everyone scatter... then someone run him around for a chase while the other two try to bring up the incapee. Or a combination of chaining and running and reviving. It'd be more doable if everyone had an infinite supply of resus kits and adrenaline. :roll:

Thu May 20, 2010 11:51 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Pff he'll go down easily...one of us is going to get hit for sure, but the chainsaw does pretty insane DPS. :)

Damage per Shot 100
Rate of Fire Hits every 0.1 of a second.
Damage per Second 1000

:shock:

- Coach

Fri May 21, 2010 2:45 am
Felix Rex

If I remember correctly from our post-level stats, an expert tank has somewhere around 8000-9000 points. So, if all 4 of us get on him for 2 seconds, that should do it. :roll: Of course, I don't expect all 4 of us to be able to stay standing for 2 seconds at that range. Ah well, guess we'll find out tomorrow. :twisted:

Fri May 21, 2010 6:33 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Shiny you are welcome to play, i am sure we euros will find a time to run it with me and marco. And without Derf it would be like the most boring run ever :D.

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri May 21, 2010 1:05 pm
Minor Diety

Guys, bad news. The gnome mutation has gotten an encore, apparently. :( Chainsaws aren't this week. Lame!

I suggest we play some L4D1 one custom stuff instead. I'll post links in a bit.

- Coach

Sat May 22, 2010 6:05 am
Minor Diety

Whaaaa? Seriously? *checks the net*

No 12 y/o whining on Steam forums... are you sure Ox?

Sat May 22, 2010 6:34 am
Minor Diety

Yeah :( from the L4D blog:

Quote:
Return of the Gnome
Last week was the first of a regular poll we will be running. After every four Mutations, we will have a vote to bring one back for an encore week. Last week The Last Gnome on Earth won handily, followed by Bleed Out and Follow the Liter.

- Coach

Sat May 22, 2010 6:47 am
Felix Rex

Yea, no chainsaw mutation this week... but what's worse, no chainsaw mutation next week, either. Next week is last man standing according to the blog post. :( I'm not really interested in that mutation... the idea of fighting to the escape and then having to kill each other just doesn't really appeal to me all that much.

Sat May 22, 2010 2:18 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

I second that.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun May 23, 2010 3:22 am
Minor Diety

Wait, what? So when are we going to see the Chainsaw mutation?

Also, I very much do hope that the mutations will eventually be available indefinitely. Wtf is up with content that disappears.

Sun May 23, 2010 3:56 am
Minor Diety

Yeah, it's a bit lame.

I don't the last man standing one is the one where only one person can get into the chopper btw, but I could be wrong. I'll do some research later.

Derf, I suppose it'll be for next week then. Or the week after. :( But with the good weather finally arriving in NW Europe I can imagine we'll all be less available during weekend nights anyway. :)

- Coach

Sun May 23, 2010 6:34 am
Felix Rex

Bah, Ox will be at home, watching chick flicks and crying into his ice cream bucket. :twisted:

Pretty lame about the mutation. Anyway, Peltz, Shiny and I played some l4d yesterday... unfortunately the first time my chick's pc was acting retarded. We spent some time working on it and then picking out parts for a new build.. after all, her box is probably 3-4 years old now, so there's no telling what all is failing on it. I then installed Crysis on her box to see if we could force her vid card to blow up... and it's solid. Hasn't crashed since. Only thing I can think is that Crysis installs directx... maybe the whole problem was some sort of corruption in her directx runtime. *shrug*

Err, anyway, so Peltz, Shiny and I did a run of Dark Carnival on advanced. Nothing special, but it was fun.

Sun May 23, 2010 9:11 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

:D

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue May 25, 2010 5:37 am
Felix Rex

lfmw2?

There are some links on Steams (under tf2) for some pictures of what tf2 would be like if Activision ran it, and what mw2 would be like if Valve ran it. Very entertaining. I'd link you guys to it, but all that stuff is blocked, sorry. :?

Tue May 25, 2010 6:17 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

I played the last human on earth mutation or whatever. Basically, it's a single-player mod that removes all the other survivors (you play as Rochelle) and removes all common infected. Just special infected loving on you. To help counter-balance the uber-pwnage, if you get grabbed or whatever they bring your health down to 0, then leave you alone and you go gray. If you get jumped again before healing, you die and restart the level.

It's pretty fun. In Dead Center (and I presume the other levels) they also added a bit of extra dialog. The lack of people/zombies is pretty creepy, and occasionally she'll say some stuff that adds to the loneliness. It's pretty good stuff. Of course, playing by yourself gets kinda lonely... I didn't make it to the finale. the panic event (with the coke) was pretty bizarre, with no common infected. :p

According to the blog, next week is the chainsaw mutation. :twisted:

Sun May 30, 2010 2:51 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 596 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 40  Next