It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 11:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 596 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 40  Next
Left 4 Dead 2!! 
Felix Rex

Post Re: Left 4 Dead 2!!
I hard locked one time on Friday, but otherwise have had no issues. Shiny was having issues with her game hitching from time to time, but overall she was doing ok. :?

Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:43 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Well in L4D2 defence i can say that i had X3 terran conflict running for 10ish hours before jumping into the game (Its the kind of game that one can leave running while doing other stuff, for instance while the game was running there was a family get together on my grandpa birthday). So my guess is that the resources were thin to begin with which might have caused some problems. Also i am using quite old Nvidia drivers since, I think it was the 194, some releases have caused black screen on boot problems.

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:11 am
Minor Diety

Spoof of the L4D2 achievement fever

http://www.firstpersonobserver.com/?p=80

Luckily we don't play too much with random achievement whores, but oh so recognizable. :roll:

Apparently the realism versus mutation is really good guys. And since you can do 'team matching' as of late it might be worth trying to team up against another squad. That or we play mostly SS2 and hold out for the Chainsaw Massacre mutation next weekend. 8-)

- Coach

Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:51 am
Felix Rex

did you notice the comments?

Quote:
#
Zoe says:
April 26, 2010 at 8:48 am

He shouted at me and my friends Louis and Francis. He said we were dicks for letting my friend bill die, which was odd. We never told him his name was bill.
#
Virgil says:
April 26, 2010 at 12:44 pm

I helped them get to New Orleans, and they left without even saying thanks.

They sure are rude.
#
Helicopter Pilot says:
April 26, 2010 at 1:00 pm

Atleast they didn’t shoot you like some other survivors around here…
#
Helicopter Pilot says:
April 26, 2010 at 1:02 pm

Atleast they didn’t shoot you. I was flying this helicopter with a bunch of survivors from a hospital when I had a asthma attack and the first thing they did was to shoot me in the FACE! Rudest survivors ever!
#
Billy Gibbs Jr. says:
April 26, 2010 at 1:28 pm

These DICKS stole my fucking car! I had finally finished gathering up gas to fill the thing up with to bust out of a mall, and what do they do? Bust in – attracting TONS of zombies with them – and steal them all, then use MY CAR to save THEIR ASSES. I guess that’s what I get for trying to save my OWN ass for once.

If I see these ASSHOLES ever again I’m gonna hit ‘em so hard Billy Gibbs Sr.’ll feel it! Rest his soul…

Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:45 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Well i reinstalled L4d2 and also pulled down the shader settings to medium, i hope it will help with the random loops and disconnects. However the game is fairly easy on the pc so the problem is not with the lack of oomph, rather somekind of mess Valve cooked up in the Source engine. I read on the forums that gt2+ series have bigger issues with Shaders at high and very high settings.

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:01 am
Stranger

I got rid of the loops and was reimbursed with engine errors.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:17 pm
Stranger

Well, left 4 dead 2 is officially broken for me, i did a full video driver reinstall and i used driver sweeper too and it still crashes randomly. So no L4D2 before valve gets off its ass and starts fixing it.

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:57 pm
Minor Diety

god damn. that sucks hard.

you obviously deleted the game and re-installed it?

Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:12 pm
Felix Rex

And other games run fine, I take it? Bizarre. The engine errors would lean me toward either graphics card or directx problems....but if other games work fine, that can't really be it. :? Besides ripping motherboard drivers and your graphics card and reinstalling it all (and I know you already did the gfx card), a full windows reinstall is about all I could think of. Sorry bro, that sucks... I've been there, I completely understand how frustrating it can be.

Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:27 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Well it seems to be specifically a problem with the 8800 series cards. On valve forums i found a thread where lots of people who own every variation of the 8800 series have a similar problem. And there are people who have commented in that topic that their 8800 works just fine. So go figure what the F is the problem.

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:10 am
Stranger

Well i did some price research and i could get a gts250 for about $130 new and 9800gt for around $90 used. I was hoping to go for SLI when the pc runs out of oomph but whats the use of extra FPS when i cant play the most important game. So a forced up(side)grade is upon me, booo.

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:28 am
Minor Diety

Just don't spend too much if we (perhaps) stop playing in a month or two. :) If it's only L4D2 that is giving you problems I mean.

I have a similar-ish problem with my graphics card. It works perfectly fine in most games (Valve games like TF2 and L4D2 for example never give me even the slightest issue) but for some reason, it tends to crash hard often in others. Older games in particular, but sometimes newer ones too. The screen will just freeze, with 'squares' on the sides of the screen. Manual reboot is the only way to recover. In some games it makes even less sense: in NBA 2k10, the game NEVER freezes during the (graphically infinitely more demanding) actual gameplay. But if I browse through menu's, it will hang almost invariably after a few minutes of non-stop menu perousing. Sounds illogical? Yup. Doesn't make any fucking sense.

I found out what the mutation of this week will be btw: Bleed Out.

Quote:
Bleedout (CP) – In this game mode you are given only temporary health, which reduces at a speed much faster than normal. No health kits will drop, however, pills will spawn very frequently. The game will also increase the amount of random panic events in an attempt to catch you off guard.

Sounds like a rusher's dream. :)

- Coach

Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:07 am
Felix Rex

That sounds fine.

@Peltz - I have an 8800gt, and my chick has a 9800gt (practically the same card). Neither of us has issues like you. *shrug* Btw, I'd go with Ati if I were buying a new card right now. Just saying. :)

@Ox - freezing up with squares in the corner (ie, graphical artifacts) typically implies a graphics card problem. Freezing in a menu... blah... there are a couple ways to do 2d menus in directx, but they typically involve switching to a 2d mode. I wouldn't be surprised if a different pipeline on the graphics card handled that.... and maybe that pipeline is having issues. If it takes a couple minutes, maybe it's heat damage.

Sounds like Peltz should send you his old graphics card. :roll:

Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:02 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah, I think it's something like that. The fact that it happens mostly in older games, static screens (loading screens etc) and menu's would suggest that. Still, pretty lame problem, since it's pretty risky to bring in a perfectly working graphics card for newer games just to fix that. Otoh, you never know in which games you're gonna have problems. :( Ah well.

- Coach

Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:13 am
Stranger

I switched to even older drivers, i can now play longer but CDT is still inevitable. On some occasions the game has no sounds what so ever and they only return if i restart the client, change of map does not help. However the longest time i managed to play without CDT was without any sounds which makes realism mode impossible to play.

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 596 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 40  Next