It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 3:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 596 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 40  Next
Left 4 Dead 2!! 
Stranger

Post Re: Left 4 Dead 2!!
Quote:
The Passing is almost here!!

The Passing? Who cares about The Passing when its almost my birthday :D

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:53 am
Minor Diety

Really?

If so, I implore us to wait for Peltz's birthday until we play The Passing. :mrgreen:

That can be our present. :D

Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:58 am
Stranger

Its this Sunday, the 7th.

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:08 am
Minor Diety

I can't physically make this one though :cry:

I'm moving house and will most likely be internet-less this weekend. So if The Passing comes out before Sunday, I will probably cry.

If only there was a spectator mode.

Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:03 am
Stranger

Its kinda funny that steam holds no news or coming soon on The Passing. Would it not make sense to at least hint at the upcoming DLC?

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:34 am
Minor Diety

Btw, Peltz and I had a mess-around session on public the other day. I was practicing my recon tactics. One of the moments was pretty hilarious and still brings a smile to my face:

Peltz and I were together, separated from the other 2 public noobs. God knows where they were. As Peltz and I were limiping along, he stopped to face me and typed "grey". My reaction was immediate and instinctive ... 1 shotgun blast to the chest to then rez his lifeless corpse with his own electro-paddles. The subsequent stream of "H" and "A" letters from Peltz led me to believe that he obviously found my remedy comical, but brilliantly logical too (hopefully).

A smoker suddenly came through the door and started grappling me, interrupting the revival process. Then in rushed Captain-Slow and his trusty sidekick, Retard-Man. Luckily they managed to kill the smoker before he snapped my neck, but there I lay, incapped next to Peltz's corpse. As Retard-Man was rezzing Peltz and as the other noob was coming to revive me, I couldn't believe my eyes at seeing Captain-Slow yoinking the medpack I dropped earlier to save Peltz. I don't have a big problem with that when playing with eFriends, but on public it makes my blood boil. I went into Berzerker Rage, whipped out my shotgun and dropped that noob like a sack of spanners, even blasting him while incapped to finish him off. Berzerker Rage wore off when I noticed the noob quit and that Peltz had typed another huge string of "H"s and "A"s.

But the funniest thing for me was that as soon as Captain-Slow's bot replacement got revived, it immediately used the medpack to restore me to full health. :lol: Result!

Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:53 am
Stranger

Yes that was hilarious. They definitely were not ready for expert realism because in like 4 runs in a row they were long dead before we finally succumbed to the horde.

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:16 am
Felix Rex

lol, expert realism with PUGs? Man, that's just asking for pain. I usually go advanced when i'm playing with the unwashed masses, and even then party wipes are not uncommon.

Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:35 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

/me rolls eyes at Derf being a total jerk to strangers online :roll:

O'Cram does the same thing on TF2. I guess it's a family trait. :)

I just realized I'll be out of town the last weekend of March, so if The Passing comes out then...aaargh!

- Coach

Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:37 am
Felix Rex

I actually played the first two levels of Dark Carnival with pugs on ER last night... amazingly we did fairly well. It was just me and another guy to start with, then people joined slowly... the people that sucked were quickly killed and quit. By the end of the second level, the team was actually fairly solid. Then I quit because it was getting late.

So, anyway, the point being that ER with pugs is surprisingly possible. And we're not the only 1337 ER team out there, apparently. :roll:

Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:48 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I do think it takes -on average- a particular sort of person that would be willing to play E/R on a public server, so that may already thin out the crowd of screaming kiddies a little bit. :)

- Coach

Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:43 am
Felix Rex

yea, well, if someone is a fucktard, I have no problem with blasting them and quitting. I imagine many more people are like me in that regard... so the annoying bastards probably get tired of playing ER pretty quickly.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:24 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

With Derf MIA and Satis' pc issues, I'm guessing we won't get together for zombie killing today? Just cause I got (potentially) other options and may be out myself if we're on the "we'll see" beat.

- Coach

Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:41 am
Minor Diety

Definitely MIA today. No intrawebz.

Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:30 am
Count

Well hopefully I got Satis' PC to work (there is no logical reason it didn't work for him but did when I built it except his computer must be male and likes chick hands better) so he might just be around to play some with you all a bit later. I'm keeping my fingers crossed cause I don't want to see that sad look ever again.

Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 596 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 40  Next