It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 8:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 305 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 21  Next
Team Fortress 2 
Minor Diety

Post Re: Team Fortress 2
This is relatively interesting: how Valve developed a system that 'rewards' servers that have players connect and play for a decent amount of time on them, by grouping the ragequitters together in the same servers.

http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=2338

This could explain why servers in TF2 seem to be either populated by mostly cool folk (by internet standards) or complete screaming kiddiefests. :roll:

- Coach

Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:33 am
Stranger

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/engin ... ress/65311

Engineer update is coming.

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu May 06, 2010 2:24 am
Minor Diety

Sweet :D

- Coach

Thu May 06, 2010 2:54 am
Felix Rex

cool..probably my favorite character.

Thu May 06, 2010 5:46 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Satis wrote:
cool..probably my favorite character.

Definitely my favorite character on US servers, cant beat the turrets autoaim @ 250ms ping.

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu May 06, 2010 6:44 am
Minor Diety

Engis are fun yeah. As long as your teammates don't suck so much that they let the attacking team advance SO quickly that they roll up to your sentry nest in group before you even got everything set up decently. :x

"SPAH SAPPIN' MAH X" has become an internet meme as well 8-)

I am curious what the update will be like though. Engi is a very important class and I think any changes to it can gravely affect gameplay if handled lightly (not that Valve will have done so).

- Coach

Thu May 06, 2010 7:20 am
Felix Rex

I'm hoping for a different variety of turret.

Thu May 06, 2010 12:10 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Based on what we've "seen" and the speculation i've read I'm going to guess one of the items is some sort of robot. Perhaps a robot that repairs his buildings when he's off?

- Coach

Mon May 10, 2010 2:00 am
Felix Rex

a robot? How's that gonna work?

I picked up playing this game again after several months of absence. Still fun, even when I'm getting pwnt.

A few questions...

I know the demoman got some new weapons and stuff as part of the soldier vs demoman competition. Are they just drops?
I got some powerup from a medic that made my weapon a green glow. It wasn't a kritzkrieg or an uber... it was something else. Wtf was it? Any idea?
I found a hat of some sort... and lvl10 badges. Do the badges mean anything other than bling?

Mon May 10, 2010 6:45 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Quote:
I know the demoman got some new weapons and stuff as part of the soldier vs demoman competition. Are they just drops?
I got some powerup from a medic that made my weapon a green glow. It wasn't a kritzkrieg or an uber... it was something else. Wtf was it? Any idea?
I found a hat of some sort... and lvl10 badges. Do the badges mean anything other than bling?

1) both the soldier and demoman got their unlockables after the soldier vs. demo competition. You can either find them randomly or get them by achieving their three achievement milestones.

Soldier
Primary: Direct Hit
Secondary: Buff Banner
Melee: Equalizer
Extra item (won in Soldier vs. Demo war): Gunboats

Demo
Secondary: The Chargin' Targe
Secondary: The Scottish Resistance
Melee: The Eyelander

2) You probably meant the power-up from the Buff Banner. When fully loaded (and activated), it makes all hits from friendly players near the soldier wearing the banner mini-crits

3) The hats are just flavor items but are very wanted (because they drop rarely and are very expensive to craft). Which one did you find? The medal is just a recent thing...they awarded it to all players because of the 119th patch update. :roll: If you bought the game on release, you get a gold. 6 months after, silver. A year or over, bronze. (if you played in beta you get the "primeval warrior" medal.

Also, Valve recently started adding player-made items piece by piece. Items like the Pain Train, Dalokosh Bar and Crit-a-cola.

http://tf2wiki.net/wiki/Pain_Train

http://tf2wiki.net/wiki/Dalokohs_bar
http://tf2wiki.net/wiki/Crit-a-Cola

- Coach

Mon May 10, 2010 7:22 am
Minor Diety

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon May 10, 2010 12:04 pm
Felix Rex

aight, cool. I guess I'll be picking up those drops as time goes on, whatever. I can't look at the links due to stupid workplace.

Mon May 10, 2010 12:47 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Well there's not much on them pics, just the scraps of Ox's dignity :D

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon May 10, 2010 2:21 pm
Minor Diety

Haha, well actually, those two pics were both taken when I was helping O'Cram get his precious achievements on a map with just the two of us. :roll: Notice how he got an achievement in the first pic upon killing me? I let him shoot me. In the second one I'd just been setting up all sorts of engi buildings for one of his spy achievements, then said I was done and attacked him and he killed me. :P

On the whole, I'm the better player of the two of us, except perhaps as a soldier. Far better sniper, scout, heavy though. Rest is about on par.

Still wondering about Satis' hat. :P

- Coach

Tue May 11, 2010 3:10 am
Minor Diety

Her''s my current backpack btw guys...just so you have an idea

http://www.tf2items.com/profiles/76561197970486742

- Coach

Tue May 11, 2010 3:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 305 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 21  Next