It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 5:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 596 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 40  Next
Left 4 Dead 2!! 
Stranger

http://www.gamespot.com/events/microsof ... id=6250348

Some footage of L4D2 DLC. It starts at 48.00 minutes. So give it a few minutes to load and then skip to that minute.

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:25 am
Minor Diety

I'm at work and I just accidentally closed the window after loading the entire vid, so I'll wait until I'm home before I bother again. Derf will love to hear this though. :P

- Coach

Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:51 am
Minor Diety

Mm doesn't look like we'll actually play together with the 4 old survivors...or maybe that's a foregone conclusion. Love the M60 though!!

- Coach

Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:41 pm
Minor Diety

Yeah it sounds like the other 4 characters will be bot only.

Love the m60 too :D

Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:50 pm
Stranger

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/left-4-dead ... -5820.html

Quote:
Video games have sometimes worn the unfortunate title of being murder simulators; but if there were ever a zombie apocalypse, we'll be glad for Valve making Left 4 Dead.

As noted in the Left 4 Dead blog: In the first two months of Left 4 Dead 2's release, 28,981,249,043 zombies have been shot, bludgeoned, chainsawed and killed.

To put that number in perspective:
    The entire population of the planet has been zombified and killed 4.26 times.
    With the average height of a zombie being 6 feet, if you stacked them end to end they would circle the globe 1,322 times.
    If you placed 28,981,249,043 rulers end to end, they would reach 28,981,249,043 feet in the sky.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:23 am
Felix Rex

finally got a chance to watch that DLC footage...cool, sounds fun. Definitely looking forward to it. Honestly, I'd also like to see some add-on campaigns... I'd be willing to spend $5 per campaign for some full length, valve-produced content.

Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:14 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

So yeah...yesterday...there was this "thing" with the doors in the safe room. Cough. :roll:

I'm sure Derf will underbuild our performance with statistical analysis. ;)

- Coach

Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:56 am
Minor Diety

We're looking at average per 2 hour session cos o'crams dropped half way through.

Some immediate thoughts:

- huge difference in damage taken between the Sat+Derf vs Ocram+Ox.
- deaths are erratic game-per-game but overall close
- i'm the incap whore... no surprise
- ocram = top overall FF champ!!!
- erratic but close on meds usage
- ocram showing medic-esque qualities
- i have low revives, but probably cos im always down myself
- rinox has lowish revives, probably cos he doesn't give a shit
- ox is top grenadier, ocram is afraid of em
- i'm fragmaster supreme, ocram bottom
- rinox is afraid of SI

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by derf on Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:15 am
Minor Diety

Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:28 am
Felix Rex

haha, pretty cool. I can't believe I was such an FF king. :roll: Good game though, even if it lasted WAY too long. I'm not sorry to say that I was pretty drunk by the time it was over with. Started drinking about noon (local time) when we started playing... 4 1/2 hours of refills later... yea. I'm amazed we managed the finale with only like 2 tries.

Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:11 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Lol, yeah, we were pretty much taking the piss by then. It's too bad about that tank coming back to take a swipe at derf and o'cram in the heli, but whatever right, I was nicely huddled up into a corner. ;) I think that with the defense in the top corner of the stands, with some proper firewalls and a little luck at tank time, the finale just isn't a match for us. On R/E minimizing the risk from the common infected is all that really matters - the SI and the tank are always to be avoided, so they don't really become that much more dangerous on higher levels as long as you don't play like retards (eg scattered and letting a hunter rape someone to death).

On another note, we played another game yesterday with me, derf, O'Cram and Peltz on Dead Center, and dang, fastest campaign evah! We had one restart (tank got us in a dead end), other than that all smooth sailing. Even the finale was a joke. O'Cram got out with a jockey on his head, but hey. :roll: Took us exactly one hour to finish the entire campaign on E/R. :o (to be fair, it's easy as shit)

- Coach

Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:14 am
Stranger

O'Cram got out with a jockey on his head, but hey

For the record that was me.

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:10 am
Minor Diety

it sure felt great to be kitted out perfectly from start to finish:

lazered autoshottie (not the crap one)
deagle
meds and nades

Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:42 am
Minor Diety

- Coach

Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:45 am
Felix Rex

a shotgun with a laser.... that's like a katana with a scope.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:14 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 596 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 40  Next