It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 4:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next
Dragon Age - Satis 
Felix Rex

So I completed Lothering and am now at the Magi tower. I picked up Wynne, so it's me, Wynne, Morrigan and Leliana. Once I get the chance to pick up Zevran, I'll swap Leliana out, but otherwise I think I've completed my lineup.

Being a warrior, I've picked up intimidation levels, and man, that's so awesome. I intimidated a revered mother in Lothering and got some happy points from Morrigan as a result. :roll: Good stuff. I've also come to realize how much crap I missed... a few things in Lothering and a bunch of stuff in the Mage's tower already. Holding down tab ftw!

Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:37 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

You know what was funny: when i started playing i automatically pressed TAB ... good habits don't die.

My rogue maxed out on Coercion (or what's it called), makes life a lot easier at times.

~King of Thieves~

Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:49 pm
Felix Rex

Unfortunately it took me a bit of time to pick up the tab habit. But that's ok, it gives me a bunch of new content to play with. :P I'm really enjoying having two mages... I can't wait to see how much ass I kick in 4 or 5 levels. I may have to play this game a third time with a mage... so many awesome magic lines.

Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:47 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Good that you're thinking of taking along Zhevran. He's actually a pretty complex, funny and well-written character...but yeah, the whole coming-on in the first 5 days you know him doesn't do him any favors. Leliana and Morrigan are more subtle about it, Zhevran is just...easy. :roll:

I think Satis has to play another game with a blood mage as his main. Totally his style.

- Coach

Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:25 am
Felix Rex

btw, either a dwarven noble automatically gets berserker and champion class unlocks, or you keep your unlocks from game to game. If the latter, that's pretty cool, since some of those unlocks are difficult to get without being a bastard.

Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:46 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Oh I didn't know that...makes sense (that you'd keep them from other games), more than Dwarven nobles getting them from the boot anyway. Cool!

- Coach

Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:53 am
Felix Rex

If I do end up playing a third round of this game, I'll definitely be a blood mage. Too bad the only way to get the unlock is to be a mage. :evil: Since this is my second playthrough, I have no problem with looking up spoilers and cheats and whatnot. I should be unlocking all the remaining specializations this time.

Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:22 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

I'm still int eh mage's tower, but now I'm in the Fade, screwing around with stuff. Very fun.. I love this part of the game. I did all the summoning rituals earlier (missed those entirely the first time) and opened the basement (missed that too). I'll save that for after I wipe the tower the rest of the way. I also have over 100 slots in my inventory... does inventory space carry over from one game to the next as well?

Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:06 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Since i just bought myself a bigger inventory and now have 100: probably.

Didn't do the summoning thing and the basement myself. I somehow am clueless what order to click things. I thought it would be in the notes, but if it is, it is too cryptic for someone who wants to keep the game going. That will be for a second game.

~King of Thieves~

Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:40 pm
Felix Rex

You're expected to figure out the order on your own, I think. Obviously I didn't do that, I ran off a tutorial on the interweb.

Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:16 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I'm not really sure what you're referring to J, or I'd give you a tip/hint. In the Mages Tower you say? So it's not the bridge puzzle then (that was in the forest right?).

- Coach

Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:03 am
Felix Rex

I bet you didn't do it either. there's a book in the library (2nd floor I believe) that kicks off a summoning quests. A lot of items in the library become 'touchable'. by touching the items in the proper order, various things get summoned.

The way to tell 'right' from 'wrong' is you start by touching the summoning font (always), then touch something else. If you get zapped and take a little damage, it was the wrong item and you have to start over. The same idea is followed for the basement as well, though in a different section of the tower.

If you're ok with spoilers, check here
http://www.dragonageguide.com/walkthrou ... e-of-magi/

Both the summoning and basement rituals are in there. If you're not ok with spoilers, don't. :roll:

Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:20 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

For the record: I did the first summon, which was kinda pointless.
When i didn't get the second one after touching 5 things or so, i gave up.

~King of Thieves~

Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:36 pm
Minor Diety

I won't check the walkthrough, but yeah, appears I completely missed that part. :P Next time!

- Coach

Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:04 am
Felix Rex

I quit futzing around in Denerim and have gone to Orzammar now. I swear I want to kill almost everyone I run into, but the game won't let me. :evil: If this were Baldur's Gate, I would've slaughtered everyone. So anyway, I'm screwing around for now, not really chasing any large quests.

Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:49 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next