It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 1:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 596 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 40  Next
Left 4 Dead 2!! 
Minor Diety

Coz you managed to get quite far ahead before we started to follow you.

ROFL!!! That sounds familiar. :lol: :lol:

That's an interesting point about bilebomb... I always kinda looked at them as just non-exploding pipe bombs. Also I never really payed attention into how exactly they worked and for how long etc. This makes me question ... is the pipe better than the bilebomb?

Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:47 pm
Stranger

Wrong question Derf, what you should be asking is what is better for which situation. The pipe is good if you need to get out of trouble because it pulls Z's the moment you release it where as the bile has to land like a molly before it starts to work. The biles strength is that you can create an attraction at your desired location (hence the bile and molly barbeque) and if you hit a tank with it the Z's surround it and wont let it move provided enough of them are around. You can create an attraction in the flames of the first floor of the Dead Center hotel for instance.

Its good to have both, a pipe and a bile. As i see you guys favor the pipes i usually hang on to the mollies and biles. It is also good for panic events since it lasts longer than pipe, it can give the very needed extra few seconds to pull of a heal or party wipe :D. Its a pity theres next to none in the Dark Carnival campaign.

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:27 pm
Felix Rex

I prefer bile bombs to pipe bombs since they last longer. They also have no ff (unless you consider a zombie hitting you to get to the bile as ff). I grab them whenever I can. Mollie is my least favorite grenade, except to set tanks on fire. :)

I still haven't gotten the achievement to kill X zombies at once with the nade launcher. I figure a horde and bile bomb are the key to that. Or a panic event and bile bomb... the coca cola event with two guys standing overwatch with sniper rifle and nade launcher would be awesome.

Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:58 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Easiest is a pipe or bile bomb + a grenade launcher shot, yeah. But it can be done in a normal area with tons of zombies too...I got it when I was surrounded by bastards in an open area and in desperation fired the nade launcher point blank, damaging myself but also killing everyone around me. :roll:

I love bile bombs. I do question their usefulness against the tank on higher difficulties - I have the impression that the common infected don't do as much damage to the tank on expert as they do to us. But that could be my imagination. I mostly think of them as an extended version of a pipe bomb. But I'm attached to my pipe bombs. :P

There's some good reading on bile bombs here:

http://left4dead.wikia.com/wiki/Bile_bomb

Anyone up for a Swamp Fever expert run? I don't have much time in the evenings the coming few days, I'm afraid...other than that I should be on a lot.

- Coach

Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:47 am
Stranger

Quote:
Trivia

The hunting rifle is based on the Mini-14 with an attached scope. However, the in-game performance of the weapon more closely resembles that of the M14, which fires a significantly more powerful round.

The words "Patriot 809" are on the receiver, suggesting this is its model name in the Left 4 Dead universe.

Despite the achievement "Cr0wnd" suggesting so, you cannot kill the Witch with a single headshot using the hunting rifle. It is possible to cr0wn a Witch with the Hunting Rifle, though, because you can stun her and finish her off before being startled.

The Mini-14 is an unusual choice for a one-hit-kill marksman rifle. It is less accurate than the M16 and fires the same cartridge, 5.56x45mm (or .223 Remington, a cartridge mainly used by civilians which has the same dimensions), which is generally effective at intermediate ranges (less than 400 meters compared to 800-1000 meters from a larger caliber hunting rifle). It is known amongst civilian and military shooters that the 5.56mm round is a marginal man stopper and hardly a one-hit-kill weapon.

It is also possible that the Mini-14 featured in Left 4 Dead could chamber the 6.8mm Remington SPC round, which wound explain the notably greater stopping power/accuracy compared to the M16.

The hunting rifle is the only gun that can shoot through almost anything.

In Left 4 Dead 2 the Hunting Rifle is now a Tier 1 weapon instead of a Tier 2 weapon because of the Sniper Rifle taking it's place. However, it rarely spawns with other Tier 1 weapons (only known location being the starting/ending point of Hard Rain), instead spawning with Tier 2 weapons, and has higher priority to the Survivor bots than submachine guns and pump-action shotguns, as if it were a Tier 2 weapon. It may be treated as a Tier 2 weapon because of leftover coding, but can still be considered Tier 1 because of the Sniper Rifle's superiority in nearly every aspect.

It is also is the only gun that has the same animations as it did in Left 4 Dead.

Its scope is mounted backwards.

In Left 4 Dead, it is the only weapon not to have a Tier 1 predecessor, while the others do.

Even though it was featured as the only scoped rifle in Left 4 Dead, semi-automatic rifles are illegal to use for Hunting in Pennsylvania.

Zoey's AI almost always take the rifle if available.
It takes 12-15 shots to kill a witch with a hunting rifle in all difficulties except Easy. (In Easy the Witch's health is only 500 compared to 1000)

Quote:
The auto shotgun makes the same sound as the Spy's pistol in Team Fortress 2.

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:05 pm
Minor Diety

Can't the deagle punch through most stuff too?

I haven't really used any of the scoped rifles extensively. I think I had around 20 mins with the tier 2 scoped rifle and thought it wasn't bad. I seem to remember it being a 1-shot-kill weapon, but then I remember using the hunting rifle and failing to kill with 1 shot. In any case, it requires too much aiming for my tastes. :D

Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:52 pm
Felix Rex

I enjoy the sniper rifles... the new and old are very similar, except the new carries 30 rounds per clip. As for aiming, it's not really necessary... I only scope in on certain rare occasions... mostly I shoot from the hip. For regular zombies, they've both been one-shot-kill weapons as far as I could tell, so I just get the crosshairs roughly over the z and shoot... usually a limb pops off and it drops. :twisted:

I've also one-shot some special zombies with it... spitters and smokers most notably. A headshot on a smoker or hunter seems to instakill with a sniper rifle. Spitters and of course boomers are just weak and fall over pretty easily.

Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:53 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:02 pm
Felix Rex

hehe, nice. I need to start taking screenies. :roll: Quite a lot of work went into the expert / realism run... not enough, unfortunately. We never could quite get that finale. Still, I'm fairly happy with how things turned out. I think we did fairly well considering how hard that damned game is.

Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:53 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Oh, for sure. We did a hell of a game, too bad Derf and O'Cram's ISP decided to use their connection for a mass transfer of all their data at that given point. :roll:

It's amazing how fast you get used to realism if you've been playing it for a while, especially the whole "don't lose line of sight" thing. I didn't even notice that much difference from the common infected (apart from a few "just won't die" moments) because we were shooting so well. I always tend to make a lot of headshots - I almost always top the table on them - but it seems that you guys made a ton of them too. And yes, I am aware that my headshots are just a side-effect of shotgun spraying. :P

I don't know why you guys think Swamp Fever is so bad btw...I think it's pretty easy. The only thing I fear are the damn panic events. And bitch tanks appearing during hordes. :lol:

It's just a little sad since we would have totally made it, at the very least one of us. I can imagine being thrown right into the expert realism fray is no gift, but thanks to Peltz and Shiny for jumping in as reinforcement commandos anyway!

What do you think of the two-tank finale? I know Derf hates it because of the sniper tanks, but all in all I think it's not that hard...plenty of room to run and hide, so once they're on fire it's all about sticking together and just avoiding them.

- Coach

Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:53 am
Felix Rex

Yea, I don't think it's that horrible... there's plenty of room to around in. Though getting trapped between the two is always a possibility. And the sniper tanks are annoying.

Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:06 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Sorry about those distraction messages. :D MUAHAHA.

I had a nasty cold and those ping problems were pissing me off awfully.

Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:11 am
Minor Diety

Yeah I haven't forgotten about those steam IM spam messages from you derf. :P One day, when the boat comes, I might 'slip' and shoot you in the dick. On realism expert. :twisted:

- Coach

Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:32 am
Felix Rex

yea, I hear you. Besides, i was starting to get a bit bored. I can only play the same thing so many times before my natural ADD starts to kick in. :roll:

Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:32 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Me, Derf, Ocram and Peltz hit Hard Rain for Expert Realism yesterday. And stranded on the second map. :lol: The short story is basically that we got raped because of witches every time...there's a ton of them in the sugar mill and in realism, a kill is a kill. And there's a panic event and some way to go after the mill, so that can get annoying. There are also a gazillion zombies in the mill making it very likely that you'll hit a witch. :(

But I had a shitload of fun. The usual medkit stealing and FF madness...oh and Derf actually fucked up our one run with a chance of success by, for no apparent reason and with only two iof us left, running blindly into the sugar cane field towards the safe room, hopped up on roids (well ok adrenaline). :lol:

I was standing at the elevator with a pipe, going...wha? Then a smoker got him and a jockey pwned me. Good times. :)

Also noteworthy: Ocram's medkit getting flung in an unreachable place after he was killed by a witch, forcing me to actually shoot it out of there using shotty and deagle. :roll:

All in all, fail attempt but fun.

- Coach

Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 596 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 40  Next