It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 9:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 596 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 40  Next
Left 4 Dead 2!! 
Minor Diety

[brag]

i pointed out a very defendable corner. Immediately off the left side of the stage (facing audience) and we won with relative ease.

[/brag]

Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:35 pm
Stranger

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:37 pm
Felix Rex

Well, good, that bodes well. Are we doing this one again next weekend, or moving on to the following campaign?

Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:26 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I don't think they actually did the entire campaign, just scouted the finale (at least I didn't see Derf getting the achievement for it). Either way, I'd be up for a full run. Improves the immersion. :P :roll:

I showed the finale of Dark Carnival to a friend yesterday on easy and with bots, and he loved it. The special effects, the rock music, the knocking off infected heads with a guitar....:)

Also, anyone notice the posters in the stadium hallways? It says: "the brawler", "the lover", "the drinker" and..."the drummer. :lol: (Ox is the drummer. :( )

I was curious what adrenaline does exactly, exept for making you faster for a while and giving you tunnel vision. Here's what I found...you may have already known, but I didn't know half of it. :(

Quote:
Adrenaline is included in Left 4 Dead 2, occupying the pain pills' inventory slot. Upon injection, the user gains 25 temporary health; and for 15 seconds, they move faster, do not experience melee fatigue, and are immune to the horde's slowing melee attacks.

It also increases the speed of using health kits, reviving survivors, and switching weapons and items. As temporary side effects, the user also experiences tunnel vision, and sound becomes monophonic, hindering their ability to determine the direction from which a sound came.

Wow! The not being hampered by zombie attacks is very cool. So it's ideal for getting out of a tight zombie bunchie by running + meleeing with your weapon or just slicing with your katana. Gotta keep it in mind.

- Coach

Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:27 am
Felix Rex

Yea, I actually knew all that. :roll: The main bonus to me is you can pop it during the finale to bring up a fellow survivor quickly. Or heal yourself. Or run for the chopper. I'm really liking adrenaline.

Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:08 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

You don't expect me to actually use the adrenaline boost to come pick up your incapped ass once the chopper comes right? :P ;)

But man, i hate being "stopped" by too many zombies swarming me. This is so sweet to know. Now I know what to do when running for a panic event endpoint too. :P

Btw I'll try Derf and Peltz' idea next time but last time I played I also had the idea that the concert stage is actually pretty well defendable, with some luck.

- Coach

Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:44 am
Felix Rex

welp, my l4d2 is fucked... every time I launch it, I get an 'incomplete installation, (55)' error. Checking the steam forums, looks like a recent update (from Monday) may be the culprit. I die some basic stuff (including deleting and re-adding the game) and it's still borked.

So, the point being that I may not be available to play this weekend. :evil:

Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:15 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Mmm, sucks, but sounds very steam-esque...might want to try this

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... ?t=1039697

Hope it helps!

If not me and peltz and derf will defend the team's colours ;)

- Coach

Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:03 pm
Felix Rex

Yea, can't do that, I don't have the space on my c:\ drive... only 1.2GB free (it's a tiny drive and Win7 is a huge O/S).

...ok, so I got it working. I was following various threads around and saw one that recommended running Steam under the administrator account (which is usually disabled). that worked. So the whole problem was Valve failing to elevate priveleges properly to complete the update installation. Stupid. I went without L4D2 for 5 days for that?

Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:23 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Nice game Saturday with Shiny, Peltz and Satis...we finished swamp fever fairly easily, the two-tank finale only took us 2 tries. :) Too bad Shiny didn't make it!

We also did some Eurogaming during the week with Derf, Peltz, me and O'Cram...good stuff. We did Hard Rain (which is an AMAZING campaign imho) and another run through Swamp Fever. Derf got left behind in the finale and ragequit post-finale. :lol: I was peppering the shit out of everything with my grenade launcher, FF'ing Peltz at least 5 times every map. Good stuff.

I feel like taking a stab at The Parish tonight, if you guys are up for it. Might be harder for our American buddies but we might get the eurogang together...

- Coach

Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:00 am
Minor Diety

Also, my voice-comm baptism went relatively smoothly. Even if I still felt like a dork talking to myself and being overly selfconscious about my accent. I swear it ain't half that bad irl in flowing speech as opposed to having to say a few seperate words and sentences now and then. :roll:

- Coach

Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:22 am
Stranger

We did Hard Rain (which is an AMAZING campaign imho)

This is the shit, this is Left 4 Dead, this is EPIC. The first and third campaign are more like Doom 3 with Left4Dead skin but the Hard Rain, i cant see it getting any better than that.

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:24 am
Minor Diety

Swamp Fever is a PITA... I got owned by SI's right at the end, in a fairly savage manner. I think the AI director basically realised my awesome skills and decided to bombard me with his elite SI Panzergruppen Kommandos of doom.

As a campaign it's fairly unexciting. Swamp...Swamp...Swamp...Swamp...More Swamp...Swamp...Oh!-A-House....End

Hard rain, and the weather special effect is just ... incredible. Haven't seen anything like that in other games. The sweet thing is that you have to shout down the mic to make yourself heard during a storm. Artistic goodness.

Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:46 am
Minor Diety

lol, am I the only one who didn't hate Swamp Fever? :P Or rather, who actually likes it? There is a whole feel to the level...all the abandoned trailers and scary-ass mudmen are neat, but what is most chilling about Swamp Fever is the feeling it gives you that there might actually be people still holding out there. There's the charger that's strung up at the entrance of the swamp, the barricaded camp (that turns out to be overrun, but survivors yell loudly for help when they get there thinking there might still be people there), the burned animals, the heavy redneck guns spread all over the place (tons of nade launchers and shotguns)...etc.

There's no sign of CEDA or the army or anything. It gives you an idea of "if ANYONE survived the infection, it might be these guys". Redneck swamp people may be inbred freaks, they're also tough muthas with loads of illegal weaponry. :lol:

I never felt ill at ease on the swamp. Maybe because a) I'm secretly a redneck or b) I was firing grenades from the back all the time while you bitches cleared the swamp for me. :roll:

- Coach

Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:09 am
Felix Rex

I played Swamp Fever by myself and liked it... I love how open the level feels, though I'm torn on the whole reusing the levels backwards thing. Still, it's mostly enjoyable, even with the ridiculous number of witches.

I have not played the Parish, I planned on keeping that one a surprise until we tackled it as a group. Looking forward to it. :twisted:

Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:13 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 596 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 40  Next