It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 9:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 596 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 40  Next
Left 4 Dead 2!! 
Minor Diety

Mm..I should be down with that. Friday is gonna be hard, but Thursday and the weekends are totally cool with me.

Now if Peltz managed to sort out his L4D2 issues and/or Derf actually bought the game... :P

P.S. Sorry Peltz wasn't home in time yesterday. We can try again tonight tho.

- Coach

Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:27 am
Stranger

No worries, at the moment it seems to be working. Aside from crashing on the first connecting to server attempt i have currently no problems staying connected to the server. Unfortunately the lobby system is utter mess at the moment, i read on the forums that people from US end up in Korean servers and such. In additon to that, someone thought it would be a good idea to force people into hosting a local server should the game fail to find any available server without asking the lobby leader in 30 seconds after starting a server search. Valve must've calculated that servers will switch to L4D2 as quick as players but thats obviously not the case, i bet the L4D players enjoy awesomely good server at the moment.

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:21 am
Stranger

Well the funniest thing happened. we ran a test with ox but me fiddling with ports didnt yield succes. But we decided to run a second test while we were running hamachi in the background and it actually worked, my ping dropped from 630 to 140 and we managed to play for a while actually. At some point though i experienced some weird connection hicup and the ping returned to 620 but once i reconnected it was back down to 140. We beat the system, ha eat that valve.

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:50 pm
Minor Diety

Yeah, Peltz' connection issues are positively BIZARRE. They can drop from playable (140 ms) to completely unplayable (650 ms) in a few seconds. Then when he reconnects he's at a normal ping again, at least for someone connecting from Estonia to my local server. :roll:

I played with him and two bots for a while, and another random dude Peltz knew joined us for the finale. I absolutely loved it. :) The moment I got my hands on that chainsaw, man...I went completely nuts. Ask Peltz. :lol:

CHAINSAW FTW.

We both found the grenade launcher during our playtime, too. It's a strange weapon: incredible powerful in some situation, incredibly useless in others.

The hardest thing perhaps about the game is the appearance of multiple Special Infected at a time, versus-style. At one time we got pwnt 10m from the saferoom, because I got jockeyed, 2 others pinned by a charger and the bot was helping people up instead of running to the saferoom and get killed too. :roll:

Oh and the finale is pretty hard without some coordination. 13 cans :o ...which can explode when you shoot them, too.

Really looking forward to Thursday...let's hope Peltz' connection holds out so we can ninja-sword-slash our way through. :P

- Coach

Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:14 am
Stranger

The moment I got my hands on that chainsaw, man...I went completely nuts. Ask Peltz

Yea pity i didnt have fraps running, you would've loved it. A Jockey tried to grab ox but died on the jump and the flew like 30meters, over me and then landing behind me. I couldnt stop laughing with the arms and legs flying all over the place.

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:35 am
Minor Diety

Haha, yeah, I fucked that giggling creepy bastard up good. :P ;)

- Coach

Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:53 am
Stranger

Well ive played some L4D2 now and i love teh Deagle. I go for it every game i play, i cant get enough of that distinctiv thunk sound when i press my fire button. I use the hunting rifle and semiauto sniper mostly. I am the overwatch, the one who nails pesky smokers and spitters and the occasional teammate when im scoped :D

Be well or Get Help!!

Last edited by Peltz on Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:22 pm
Minor Diety

Yeah, the magnum/deagle has an amazing kick. I like melee weapons for secondaries though. :P My playing style is quite different too, to say the least. :lol: Chaaaaaaarge!

As for tonight...I'll try to be home by 20-21h, but don't kill me if I don't make it! Looking forward to some ass-whoopin'!! :twisted:

- Coach

Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:55 am
Stranger

Its a pity that the game attracts idiots. Last night i was called a noob because two frenchies couldnt keep their act together. You know the drop hole in the "Love Tunnel" well one of the frenchies jumped down with a melee weapon during a horde and then got himself jockeyed and incaped some distance away from us. I didnt immediatly jump down because there were zombies pouring in from the door and in addition i was killing those that had incaped another survivor immediatly below the hole. And then i had to listen to being a noob for the rest of the game and in the finale i was ontop of the scaffold while they were running around like idiots getting incaped everywhere. Eventually 3 of us made it (including me but i was puked on so i couldnt shoot out of the chopper any more) but only because i had saved one of the boomer biles which i deployed when the chopper arrived. You can guess who was the one who didnt make it :D

I wub rambos in a survival game.

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:07 am
Minor Diety

I don't really know what scenes you are describing as I deliberately stuck to Dead Center alone so far (want to enjoy the other campaigns at the fullest from the start), but the n00b-style shit sounds very familiar yeah. :roll:

- Coach

Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:35 am
Stranger

Oh, sorry about that. I thought you knew all the maps by now and i figured i better catch up because i dont want look like an idiot when we tackle the campaigns together.

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:38 am
Minor Diety

No, no, don't worry, that'll just be me. :lol: And Derf when he ever joins us.

- Coach

Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:51 am
Stranger

Well ive played the first three campaigns so far and i like the second one best because it is more ..umm.. controllable i think is the word im looking for.

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:10 am
Felix Rex

I played 4 of the 5 campaigns... the second is the best imo because it's so bizarre. But they're all fun. I haven't played any of them with people other than Shiny, and only the first 2 with her. So the maps are still very fresh for me. Looking forward to whoopin some ass.

Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:17 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Made a personal record of sorts today. I had a whopping 50 teammate protects.

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 596 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 40  Next