It is currently Wed Oct 02, 2024 2:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
Left 4 Dead 
Minor Diety

I'm totally with Satis here. I like the tension of expert and it sure is awesome at times, but it's so unforgiving that it's not really a good idea to start the game/campaigns on it. If one out of the 4 players is "out of it" things can get FUBAR pretty fast. Like last night. :wink: (I was one of them, for the record)

I propose we go advanced the first few times in L4D2. It's gonna be quite a different game from L4D with much more weapons, different special infected, the 'uncommon common' zombies and gameplay additions like the gauntlet-style levels or the generator in Crash Course. So a little humility might be in place. :lol:

Man, I can't wait. That last (leaked) trailer was so awesome that I just want to go down South and start shooting the shit outta zombies in swamps, carnivals and whatnot.

(PS did you know the AI director now also controls weather? He dynamically adjusts it to the gameplay - tight)

- Coach

Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:43 pm
Felix Rex

oh great.. it'll be dark, we'll be walking through a dark forest with tons of tree cover, and the bastard director's going to spawn a horde and create a torrential downpour so you can see even less. :roll: I'll toss Derf into the bushes to distract them and then run.

Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:16 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I don't think you want to be anywhere near the combination forest + Derf + shotgun + rain + panic. :wink:

- Coach

Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:29 am
Minor Diety

hehe, dont worry, that's my role... the pain-taker :D

I'm ok with playing advanced i guess so long as it's hard. The thing with L4D as with many games is that a harder difficulty implies more enemy and stronger enemy, as opposed to smarter enemy... kinda like Empire Total War. So what i'm saying is that the very idea of playing on max difficulty is not necessarily very rewarding because you're not really using more of your brain to win, but rather you're reacting quicker and hightening your senses which is pretty basic compared to having to adapt your mind to a smarter threat.

Which is fine for L4D / L4D2 tbh since it's a fairly casual game anyway but what im trying to say is that expert mode should be played after having sussed the game in advanced because there isn't much immediate sense in jumping into grind-mode if youre essentially really looking for an intelligently superior challenge.

Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:46 am
Minor Diety

Me and Derf did Crash Course on expert with 2 random fellas, pretty epic stuff. :) Especially the getting the generator started again once it dies is tenssseee.

Oh and we found out that it's actually easier to defend up on the truck with the sandbags right outside...barring a smoker pull it's dead easy, even. More so when you have a few pipes for emergencies.

1337 shit.

- Coach

Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:43 am
Minor Diety

I can imagine Satis and Shiny are busy playing Borderlands on Saturday (tomorrow), but there's a custom campaign out for L4D that is

a) high on production values and custom-made content
b) based on the Dawn of the Dead movie (the one with the mall)
c) pretty large

can find it here, all 1.1 gig of it. :shock:

- Coach

Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:07 pm
Stranger

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:09 am
Minor Diety

http://www.l4dmods.com/index.php?option ... kageId=904

- Coach

Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:55 am
Minor Diety

I'm gonna try and install it, ready 4 tonight.

Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:19 am
Felix Rex

just kidding, I don't even have l4d installed right now since my reinstall.

Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:03 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Heh...if you wanna join later tonight, feel free. You should download the 1 gig in 5 minutes anyway, ya whore.

- Coach

Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:08 am
Minor Diety

Oh boy, Suicide Blitz was perfect. It feels like it should be part of L4D it's that good!!!

Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:34 pm
Stranger

Only it takes a single breath less than forever to complete.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Minor Diety

It played pretty well on Advanced. The levels are not short, and we (i) seemed to be FF'ing too much for expert.

Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:28 pm
Minor Diety

I totally agree with Derf. The entire campaign is so high in quality that it could have easily been a valve-created campaign. Very good stuff. :)

Oh and LOL @ Derf 'accidentally' killing me AND incapping O'Cram 5 metres from the safe room door, only to get incapped 2 seconds later himself. :lol: He effectively wiped out the entire party on his own. I lub you Derf.

And yeah, it was a bit long on expert, but that was mostly because we were sucking balls. I say we crank it up to expert next time for the entire campaign tho.

The only thing that was a bit easy was the finale....but the setting made up for that. ;) Pity I didn't manage to incap O'Cram from the heli. :twisted:

For Satis and Shiny: http://www.l4dmaps.com/details.php?file=3031

Chekc it out. Easily the best custom campaign I've played so far.

- Coach

Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next