It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 7:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 596 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 40  Next
Left 4 Dead 2!! 
Minor Diety

That was ok...not much more than that tho. :(

In other news, L4D2 demo for PC delayed

Left 4 Dead 2 Early Demo Access

October 28 @ 08:00am (GMT)

Which means me and Peltz won't be able to play it anymore today/night but Satis and Shiny might do so very late. :P

Xbox players already have the demo tho. :( Ah well. One day, it's no biggie.

- Coach

Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:45 pm
Felix Rex

wtf @ steam... don't delay shit. You announce a date, you better stick with that shit. That's the second time they pulled that shit recently. /me is annoyed.

Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:58 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Demo keeps getting delayed by small increments (an hour at a time it seems now). Not cool, but it's worth it seeing the L4D2 steam forum boiling in its own ludicrous bile over it. :lol:

Man, seriously, when I read through 5 threads there I start to lose hope in humanity (even more). Very bad jokes, unentitled anger, completely random rage and just plain idiocy. It's pretty scary. Either the entire forum is populated by 12-yrd olds or they're all seriously lacking in the intelligence department. :o

- Coach

Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:57 pm
Minor Diety

Dude, 95% of people are fucktards, let alone internet-users.

Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:31 pm
Minor Diety

You're right. I guess I got used to being around cool people with my RL friends, you guys here and places like RPS too much. So when you're faced with these morons again it's kind of susprising in a way. :)

- Coach

Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:35 pm
Minor Diety

Oh it's up now...decrypting game files. I'll have a looksie but won't do much, what with it being 1:06 AM and all. Sleepy. *yawn*

- Coach

Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:06 pm
Felix Rex

yea, just got home from class (ugh... did poorly on another test... I hate math).. decrypting game files. I'm gonna play at least a little bit before crashing.

Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:23 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Haha, so, you like it? I was a bit let down at first for the very first map, but the second map picks up the pace again and is just awesome. It's probably just due to the first map being the starter one, like the first map in No Mercy which is more of a tutorial run than anything else. :)

I really liked it...it's L4D, but not as we know it. The daylight in the demo maps gives it a very different appeal, less oppressive in a way, but it's no less dangerous.

Some things I noticed:

- The zombie models are more varied and way more detailed. They look especially good when losing limbs. :P The pipe bomb doesn't blow them into a pulp now but actually catapults bodies all over the place.

- The 'uncommon common' that is in the demo levels, the zombies in riot police outfits, work very well. Offer some variation without being über or anything.

- There's a fatigue meter on the meleeing your rifle, like in versus in L4D1.

- The Spitter's got pretty large range, covers a pretty big area and the acid HURTS. It's on par with a molo's fire damage...so getting caught in it hurts like shit.

- Charger is a tough mofo and, well, charges into the survivors like they were bowling pins. Shock-and-awe tactics.

- Jockey is ok, but not exactly wowing me so far.

- Hunter and boomer got new models, and there's a female boomer too.

- more weapons (including melee), items and thrown projectiles (like boomer bile...attracts the horde). Ammo clips seem to be lower, so you're 'forced' to switch weapons more often.

- there's a really cool crescendo event in the 2nd demo map, where you have to run through a maze to shut down the alarm while zombies come swarming. I hope they included a lot of stuff like that, cause it's pretty damn awesome. :)

Overall: love it. The spitter and charger are great at splitting groups of survivors making it easier for the hunter and smoker to do their jobs, so they're a success. And there's few things that are as fun as swinging an electric guitar around and smashing zombie heads in with it. Well maybe blowing the shit out of them with a shotty. :D

- Coach

Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:39 am
Minor Diety

Oh and apparently there's a new game mode called "realism mode" too, which is for 'players who are having it too easy on expert'. LOL.

So, we starting the game in realism mode then? :roll:

- Coach

Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:47 am
Felix Rex

So I hosted a game and I Shiny and I played. I had severe issues with hitching on my box. I dialed down the graphics (should that really be necessary?) and the hitching dropped off some. I'm not thrilled about that. I'm not sure if it's a graphics thing, something to do with the overhead of hosting, or just my box, but it's annoying.

Anyway, the game itself is pretty fun. I like all the new crap you can pick up. Syringes instead of pills, defibrillators instead of health packs, melee weapons instead of dual-pistols. Good stuff. You can even pick up a melee weapon, and someone else takes your pistol you dropped. Shiny spent much of yesterday's run-through using the guitar to beat zombies to death.

Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:37 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Sounds cool. The only thing i'll reserve judgement for is the melee fatigue and perhaps having overtly varied the items (adrenaline, defribilliator)

Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:55 am
Minor Diety

I didn't have any issues Satis...ran smoothly. So I doubt it's just the game (well, it's probably some combination of your PC and the game :( ).

I forgot to mention in the above list that the witch now walks around sobbing, which both makes her more of a dynamic/surprising threat and solves the whole "fuck the witch is right in the doorway" moments.

- Coach

Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:32 am
Felix Rex

Where's the button to give the witch a hug, anyway?

Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:51 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

That's just...wow. Are you implying something about me and Derf here? :P

- Coach

Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:20 am
Felix Rex

Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:51 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 596 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 40  Next