It is currently Wed Oct 02, 2024 4:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 39  Next
Left 4 Dead 
Minor Diety

I'm sure Derf wouldn't pass on L4D so he'll be there too. :P

Me and him played a little Dead Air on expert yesterday, with a few PUG's. One of them left after a few minutes so we basically just played with 2 people, a n44b and a bot.

The kid was nice enough and not all that awful really, but nothing near our level of play. We made it to the finale pretty much without retrying (except for an early tank spawn + trapped + tier 1 weapons which pwnt us).

But the finale...we tried it 4 times, and the kid managed to get us killed every time by fucking something up. Totally bizarre FF'ing derf, getting pwnd by running a little from the group, even lighting the freaking tank just before getting killed which (as we know now) is a bad idea on expert...

Derf wanted to go Barnes on him and shoot him in the face if and when we made it to the plane in the finale. :roll: I think the only reason he kept playing really was so he could kill the guy just when he was about to make it. :lol:

Too bad peltz or O'Cram weren't around tho. Could have used you!

- Coach

Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:44 am
Stranger

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6228600.html

Sucks to live in australia with all the game bannings, i think they should send some mean dudes down to the censor office and carry out a full cavity search in order to identify the existance of common sense in the employees.

By blocking free trade, we are all worse off in the long run.

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:03 am
Minor Diety

Maybe the problem is that their highest rating is M(ature)15+? I mean, that they figure "ok so it'd be ok for a 21-yr old but not a 15-yr old. But we've only got this rating so we'll just ban it completely"?

- Coach

Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:44 am
Minor Diety

To be honest, if i was living in Oz, i wouldn't be playing games. :wink:

Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:22 am
Felix Rex

I'd be surfing, having sex with hot women and eating shrimp off the barbie.

And using proxy servers to download copies of the banned games. Idiotic Aussie government. Censoring doesn't work... look at China. Why waste ta payer money doing something so moronic?

Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:38 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I'd be surfing, having sex with hot women and eating shrimp off the barbie.

+ 1 :)

Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:52 am
Stranger

Reinstalling L4D. Its funny, i get kicked no matter what in 30 seconds after joining a server, furthermore it forces my router to restart, hah weird multiplied.

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:57 am
King

[quote="Satis"]I'd be surfing, having sex with hot women and eating shrimp off the barbie.[quote]

dont forget about Walkabout

Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:08 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Stranger

No more L4D for me at all. I cant stay connected to any server more than 20-30 seconds even if the ping stabilises at 70. Furthermore i lose internet connection, messenger loses connection, steam loses connection, webpages are unaccesable wtf is this shit?

So this time i pressed quit and ran to my mode/router (2in1) and it didnt show disconnecting from the ISP.

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:47 am
Minor Diety

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art ... -SFLZ-9289

If that fails, try deleting the config.cfg file in your steam folder. Steam will download it again with default settings. If that fails too, we'll have to try a full uninstall (with manual deleting of some files) of L4D.

Did you play TF2 of late? Do you have a similar problem in any other games?

- Coach

Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:18 am
Stranger

No problems in other games. And what is even more mind boggling is the fact that i saw how the issue got gradually worse. I havent changed any firewall or antivirus settings. So it worked fine at the start then started to get worse and now its well beyond fucked up.

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:29 am
Minor Diety

Guys im not sure if i can make it this Sat. Got a few things to do but we will see.

Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:10 am
Stranger

I left a ticket with valve about the disconnects, im hoping they have an answer.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:53 pm
Stranger

Well i got a reply from Valve, unfortunately it was a bot reply so i sent a new reply and the picture above.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:36 pm
Stranger

Got some play time in today, even on a dedicated server. I guess they removed me from the secret blacklist or something. Or it could have been the punkbuster service i disabled, perhaps that didnt mix so well with valve.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 39  Next