It is currently Wed Oct 02, 2024 6:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 39  Next
Left 4 Dead 
Minor Diety

whatever HD\whatever directory you got steam installed under\steam\steamapps\common\

and from there on I'm not entirely sure since I'm on my laptop which doesn't have L4D installed. Furthermore it's 5 AM and I'm kind of drunk. Will get back at you tomorrow!

Can't wait for more fun. And L4D2 is only 2 months away - sheeeyiiiiiiitt (Clay Davis style). :twisted:

- Coach

Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:48 pm
Minor Diety

ok, sobered up and at my main pc, full directory address is:

(what I wrote above)\left4dead\left4dead\addons

That's where you put the .vpk file.

See you bitches tonight for some pwnage. :) Looking forward to it.

- Coach

Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:56 am
Felix Rex

It was fun. I checked out l4dmaps.com and there are quite a few campaigns available.

http://www.l4dmaps.com/files.php?cat=3

I was thinking Night Terror for our next event, since it's got the highest rating.

Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:02 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

It looks good, and I'd be up for it. :) But this is kind of a beta version, so we might run into some probems. We'll see.

The thing about yesterday's map was that the idea, design and difficulty were all pretty good, but the fact that it's one huge map with no "checkpoints" kinda killed the fun after I blew the shit outta those gas cans 5 seconds into the finale. :lol:

- Coach

Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:12 am
Minor Diety

Well I didn't mind the sheer difficulty. I like the fact that someone screwed up the end after a long struggle, because it's entirely reasonable that it may happen in real life. Plus it's an absolute bloody good laugh. I would have liked (perhaps a bit more) if we decided to stick to expert and eventually giving up.

Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:30 am
Felix Rex

I dunno, I'm with Ox...the lack of checkpoints was frustrating. Derf getting pwnt before Shiny and I had even spawned in was pretty weak... then the tank that just killed us soon after was even worse. And Ox pissing off the witch. :roll:

So..how's your mapping going, Ox? :twisted:

Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:17 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Killing a tank on expert with tier 1 weaponry was quite the bitch. :( The fact that we hit a dead end didn't help.

And mapping is going crappy. :P I fired up the editor a time or two to get a feel of things (again, since it's the HL2 editor too) but that's as far as it got really. Saw you dabble in it a few hours yesterday night, produce anything cool yet yourself?

- Coach

Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:39 am
Felix Rex

nah, not really. I've been recreating my house as a spawn room... got to the front yard a bit, and building a skybox. It's fun though...I'm getting the hang of the editor (some, at least). As I get more comfortable with it, things should go faster. We'll see if I have a level in a couple weeks or not.

Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:22 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

I was gonna recommend a map from L4dmaps, but just read the comments and am not so sure any more. What shall we play this weekend?

Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:53 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:10 pm
Minor Diety

http://www.l4dmaps.com/details.php?file=177

Supposed to be good! See you bitches on Sunday? :)

- Coach

Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:06 pm
Felix Rex

Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:00 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:37 am
Minor Diety

I blame Satis for Sunday's game not flying. :P Nah, it was ok. I got a lot of other stuff done instead (like trying to get an IWD2 MP game up with Derf and failing miserably).

Also, with this campaign I don't propose we put it on expert. I played the first map and it's, well, different. You start off with nothing but pistols (no medkits either) and find stuff along the way in logical places (ambulances, army outposts). Weapons aren't even all grouped in the same places, you might find a shotty here, sniper there, etc.

The finale is supposed to be something else, too. Advanced it is.

- Coach

Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:36 am
Minor Diety

Btw Ox, the only thing I found on the web regarding IWD2 MP fixes was that those Infinity Engine games are almost impossible to get working in MP. Oh and I noticed that the game lags horribly as if i'm playing on a PI 100MHz processor. I think our IWD2 venture has crashed. SELL SELL SELL! :lol:

Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:08 am
Reply to topic   [ 578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 39  Next