It is currently Wed Oct 02, 2024 10:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 39  Next
Left 4 Dead 
Minor Diety

There's alot of walkthrough information online, but I'm making sure I don't read any of it. I feel that goes against the point of the game.

Anyway, the stat info I found online somewhere. Based on the fact that an autoshottie does 300 damage at point blank. A tank has 8k health but only takes 75% damage from autoshotties. Don't know how much damage a tank deals out himself though.

Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:45 am
Felix Rex

One hit and you're incapped. Two more and you're dead. I doubt you guys could wipe him out before I get creamed. Though running around and putting rounds in him, then converging on him as a group could be workable. It used to be if you meleed a tank while he was bashing someone on the ground, he would turn around to smack the meleeing person. That doesn't seem to be so certain any more, though. I've tried it and he ignored me.

Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:47 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

how come Satis is the one that acts as bait? How did he deserve this? :twisted:

~King of Thieves~

Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:26 pm
Felix Rex

heh...I already got the achievement. It doesn't matter if I complete or not. Everyone else still needs it.

Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:39 pm
Profile WWW
Count

Plus Satis makes nice bait. Especially when wild animals are involved. :oops:

Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:14 pm
Minor Diety

- Coach

Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:49 pm
Felix Rex

Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:18 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Me and Derf jumped into Peltz' game (Dead Air on expert) yesterday night to help him win the finale because 2 of his teammates left. Took us some tries again, the tank has really been upgraded.

We found that the only proper way of beating it was to run circles around the escape plane and set it on fire/shoot it in turn. It's also a nice and open area that allows you to pick off boomers and their little friends before they become dangerous.

Alas, only me and the other guy (pug dude) made it...Derf died valiantly trying to pwn the first tank and Peltz pulled a serious wtf moment :D

Second tank is dead, so we go to the cargo hatch of the plane...I throw a pipe to keep the first wave of infected busy. As the hatch opens, the 3rd guy is caught by a smoker but I'm right next to him so I melee the tongue off. Me and the guy get into the cargo hold and we see Peltz running off to frag the smoker. Like, only 2-3 metres but enough to get caught in the fray again.

He manages to get back to the cargo hold entrance but is already swarmed by the horde...me and the other guy try to frag the infected attacking him but he goes down anyway...plane closes and flies off. :roll:

I still don't know who killed you Peltz, our FF or a zombie. Either way, you probably wouldn't have made it on the plane again if we didn't try to shoot the zombies, with their pesky "slow you down" hits. And they deal like 20 damage a hit if they get you in the back in expert. :(

Still, it kinda sucked for you. :( If I had known what was going to happen I'd have sacrificied myself, but I really didn't expect you to pull a Derf and go recon in the most crucial point of the finale. :)

- Coach

Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:46 am
Stranger

to pull a Derf

Should we send this to Valve and ask them to add it into the official glossary? :D

Edit: yea i kinda lost it at the end, i was tired i had been doing that level for some time and my brain just locked up.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:53 am
Minor Diety

Good game tonight too lads. Only Me and Ox made it this time. How romantic :D

Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:26 pm
Stranger

I was so pissed of in the morning because i figured that if i had run towards the rear of the plane you guys could have revived me. The tank just knocked me out but eventually i just faded. So dammit.

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:01 am
Minor Diety

Yeah man, sorry about that. :lol: You were a little too far off to revive...I ran in your direction but then realized it probably wasn't gonna be possible to get you up and survive myself. Better luck next time. Hey, at least it wasn't a Derf. :wink: hehehehe.

Btw I did some research: apparently you don't need to be "alive" through the entire campaign to get the achievement, but the achievements meter for the expert runs sometimes randomly reset. Which is what must have happened to me (and not to Satis, that ho). :( Ah well...game is fun enough as it is without achievements. :P

Satis and Shiny weren't at home last weekend it seems. Not that we needed them to finish dead air, clearly. :P ;)

- Coach

Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:19 am
Felix Rex

heh....sounds like a grand time to be had by all. You're right, Shiny and I were elsewhere (we'll post about it eventually). We'll probably be up for some l4d this coming weekend, though.

Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:25 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

I have the urge to purge some zombees. Anyone up for a game later in the evening?

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:27 am
Minor Diety

I might be - see you then perhaps. Maybe Derf is up for one too?

- Coach

Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 39  Next