It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 2:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 305 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next
Team Fortress 2 
Felix Rex

Post Team Fortress 2
I started playing this game recently. It's actually pretty good. I'm still a noob about it, but it has many similarities to the WFA mod I used to play for Quake III. I typically play medic and solider at this time.

Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:33 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Heh, I played it with J a while ago - he's pretty good at it. I'm just a very casual player though. I kinda dislike the fact that everyone seems to have a better gun/gear than me because they're unlockables through achievements. :( At least that's what I understood from J.

The art on and the design of the classes is amazing though. :) And I love the spy...and the demoman.

- Coach

Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:35 am
Minor Diety

So far only 3 classes have unlockables: Heavy, Pyro and Medic.

Medic was the first update, and it shows, since unlockables are generally upgrades: your first unlockable is a more powerfull syringe gun, the third a stronger sawblade. But since your main job is healing, it doesn't matter that much.

For pyro and heavy, it's more balanced: new weapons have their advantages, but also drawbacks.

The pyro for instance can have the normal flamethrower with windburst, which is very usefull to defend against ubers/heavies/soldiers/demos/ ... . Or he can take the backburner, which deals out 100% crits when attacking from behind, but he'll sacrifice the windburst, making him more vulnerable.

I'm playing most classes, depending on what's lacking in my team. Got most gaming hours for medic and demoman. And I'm not that much of a spy really.

~King of Thieves~

Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:05 am
Felix Rex

I'm obviously still learning.... will be for awhile, I guess. Mainly I like playing the medic because I'm definitely useful. Though I admit I've stood around a few times with an uber charged and didn't realize it.

Soldier I'm pretty decent with... that's where my most kills come from. I think I'd enjoy engineer but that class seems to always be played so I've never really messed with it. I'm decent with sniper... that's always fun. :) Not so good with the pyro. I've never even played demoman, I don't think. Not so good with the spy.

Anyway, I'm learning. I've managed to end in the top 3 a few times. :P Mainly as medic. Fun stuff. I'm not so partial to arena mode, though.

Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:02 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I prefer to play fast respawn servers lately, since i mainly want some action and kill some guys. Not so crazy about Arena, only time i played it was when Ox was playing that and i joined his server.

I just checked, you're 2 achievements away from unlocking your first medic weapon, nice. If i see you're ingame, i'll pop by the server you're playing. There's also an achievement 'über one of your friends' you can easily get that one.

Oh and the class i prefer often changes with maps. Some maps are nice as pyro, since there are a lot of corners, or you can attack from above and behind.

~King of Thieves~

Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:28 pm
Felix Rex

oh, cool, I didn't realize I was so close to an unlock. I really haven't been trying all that hard. Be nice to see you guys online.

Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:22 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2009/02 ... oing-live/

Scout update goes live and TF2 will be 50% off during the weekend - 7 quid, 10 neuros, 10 bucks.

- Coach

Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:03 am
Felix Rex

BTW, I got my first unlock for medic. :roll:

Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:33 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Played a bit today, and i noticed scout update was live indeed: tons of scouts running around :)

Maybe i catch one of you ingame one of these days.

~King of Thieves~

Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:10 am
Minor Diety

Spent some time as a heavy on TF2 last night, even on the same server as J...but there were so many people he probably didn't even notice. :)

Had some fun mowing down scouts with the minigun :wink: is it just me though, or are heavies very vulnerable to the spy? Slow, stationary, big back to stab...

I kept getting backstabbed.

- Coach

Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:01 am
Felix Rex

yea, it kinda sucks. you need a team that's paying attention to keep from getting spied. If your team sucks, being a heavy is just suicidal.

All the scouts running around is pretty annoying. My teams (and the enemy teams) have gotten pretty thoroughly dominated since everyone has buttloads of scouts now. I'm waiting for the hype to die down and teams to return more to normal.

For the time being, though, it's fun as hell being a pyro. :roll:

Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:31 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:42 am
Felix Rex

oh, good. Maybe we can get some friendly gaming going on. Maybe help each other get some achievements knocked out. :P I played a little today.. I really enjoy pwning the scouts whenever possible.

Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:41 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Ganz jumped on a server I was playing on during lunch and we had some good fun. He was a doc, I was a demoman, and we did some pwnagification. Good stuff. then my computer blue screened and I really needed to go back to work. :(

Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:42 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah, we weren't full with scouts for a change, that helped. Went medic because there was none on our team at first. A few good übers later we had them crushed :)

Afterwards i (my team)totally pwned with me as pyro.

~King of Thieves~

Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 305 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next