It is currently Wed Oct 02, 2024 6:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 39  Next
Left 4 Dead 
Minor Diety

Got 'man versus tank' already Satis? :wink:

~King of Thieves~

Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:19 am
Felix Rex

Yea, got that one with the group last weekend. Pretty easy to get..just toss a molotov, shoot it once and everyone just run away until it dies. I think 3 of us got that achievement using that method.

Yea, nothing special will be rough. So will the one where you can't be boomered.

Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:50 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Me and Satis gave that a go last time, with the two of us on easy. We switched to expert for a sec at the start to kill off the bots and then ran it alone. In itself it was a joke - so easy. And there's no FF (damage) so you can just blast away no holds barred.

I think we made it to the sewers in map 3 of No Mercy before actually taking damage from a special infected (a tank ambushed me because its music didn't play). :( Then we tried a few times again after getting ourselves wiped, but we got ul with a boomer and smoker and called it a day. But it's totally doable on easy, even with two players. With 4 human players and a little paying attention even more so. Might take a few map wipes first tho. :P

Satis, you got zombie genocidest by now?

- Coach

Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:18 am
Felix Rex

Yea, I got zombie genocidest yesterday or the day before. I was checking out my achievements and there aren't many that will be easy to get without cheating or something. :P

All4Dead and Lamb2Slaughter are doable with a cooperative versus team. If we could get 8 of us together we could take turns just knocking out the various versus achievements.

Nothing special, the boomer one and the one where you can't take damage at the end may be tougher. However, I'm thinking the last one would be a lot easier on death toll using the 'sit on a rock' trick. I could totally see us sitting up there without taking any hits, assuming we're not idiots and shoot each other. Put that sucker on easy and it'd be a cake walk.

Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:55 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

totally. Last time, with Francis refusing to die, we didn't take any damage iirc. The hardest part will be getting from the rock to the boat, by far. But even that should be easy enough with a pipe or two.

- Coach

Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:03 am
Minor Diety

I'll probably be out bowling with friends tonight but it might just get cancelled - so in that case I'll be chilling at home having some beer, and probably playing L4D. Either way, should be there Saturday, as long as my pc or internet don't crap out. :P

- Coach

Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:02 am
Minor Diety

I'm moving on saturday, might be internetless for a few days.

~King of Thieves~

Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:10 am
Minor Diety

We did Dead Air on expert this weekend, as well some achievement hunting. Unfortunately, Shiny and Derf bit the dust during the Dead Air finale, so only me and Satis escaped. Cool moment there, waiting for the airplane cargo hold to open, back to back. :)

I have a feeling Blood Harvest is going to be quite a challenge on expert btw...I really hate that level for its woods. :P I say we frantically run from one tunnel/house/guardpost to the other in the first maps and avoid spendings as much time in the woods as we can. :roll:

In other news, I totally incapped all 4 survivors in one life as a tank in a versus game and I didn't get the all 4 dead achievement. :( Don't know what went wrong. Oh and me, Derf and his brother had a lot of fun playing Death Toll on advanced...we totally pwned it, 4-shotties style. :D I still can't get over how easy advanced is compared to expert. I was clowning around to the extreme (like jumping down from the pipe straight to the bottom in the water cleaning installation thingie on the second map, instantly killing myself :lol: ) and FF'ing all over the place, yet we managed pretty easily.

Btw, if you're bored and don't have any pals around to play, try checking out the dev commentary track under "extras". Pretty interesting, talks (among other things) about the subtle and almost unconscious cues the game uses like contrast sharpening, color schemes, stress level monitoring, and so forth. You might know it, but the music for every character is slightly different depending on their "stress level", for example.

- Coach

Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:14 am
Minor Diety

I'm moving on saturday, might be internetless for a few days.

AAAAAnd i'm back :)

~King of Thieves~

Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:54 pm
Felix Rex

heh...welcome back to the real world! That physical world is nothing in comparison. Or something.

Maybe some more expert attempts this coming weekend. :)

Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:27 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Welcome back to the intarwebz J :) Hope moving went well? How's it feel to sleep in your own house?

I'm very busy this weekend - might be able to make it on Saturday night but I'm probably going to smoke a quiz night then. But we'll see. I'm sure you guys can make it without me. *cough* :P

Btw, this is pretty bizarre and, at the same time, very well done. Character soundbits to simulate sex between Zoey and Louis. :roll: I swear, what these people keep themselves busy with...

Apparently Louis is a 30-second man, too.

- Coach

Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:31 am
Felix Rex

Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:30 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X4RKn6B ... re=related

- Coach

Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:10 am
Minor Diety

So, you guys gonna be around this weekend to play? I ran out of time the past weekends but I SHOULD be up for some fun on expert this weekend. =)

- Coach

Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:46 am
Felix Rex

hopefully. We'll probably have friends over Saturday night, but that shouldn't interfere too much with gaming on Saturday. Probably. Having classes Friday night seems to make our weekends really short. :?

Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:33 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 39  Next