It is currently Wed Oct 02, 2024 4:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 39  Next
Left 4 Dead 
Felix Rex

computers are weird to people that don't understand them. :)

Anyway, no worries. We played on expert for a bit, but basically got beat down on the second level several times before giving up. This will definitely require a full group of humans that can play decently.

Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:58 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I felt so hawt pwning the first lvl of No Mercy with you and J, thinking we were doing expert. Until we figured out we were playing on normal. :lol:

Expert eats people alive. But it's such a challenge to do with your pals. :)

- Coach

Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:43 am
Minor Diety

- Coach

Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:50 am
Minor Diety

i reckon we should have a game on expert this weekend :wink:

Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:52 pm
Felix Rex

I'm up for it. You feel ready for it Derf? No offense and all, but you're still a little green around the edges. :roll: Have you beaten the game on advanced?

Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:23 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

oh yeah, im probably very green :D But i find that half the fun :lol:

Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:41 pm
Felix Rex

heh...expert basically allows no room for mistakes. One 'oops' and the whole team gets wiped. Advanced is fun to me with a PUG... it's challenging enough that I can't run a level virtually by myself, but easy enough I don't have to worry about one moron killing me over and over again. :roll:

Still, I'm totally up for expert. Nothing like getting your ass handed to you repeatedly for learning.

Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:04 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I should be good this weekend, don't have anything planned. And I need to stop drinking on weekdays. :? Not anywhere near as bad a hangover as last week, but still. You'd think I would have learned by now. :roll:

- Coach

Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:51 am
Felix Rex

heh...I hear you. I rarely get drunk on weekdays, but I'll have a beer or two or three sometimes. :) Drinking while play l4d is almost a must, though.

Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:21 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Oh yeah. I have the feeling I play better when i'm drinking during L4D. But as with so many things in my life, that's bound to be a delusion of epic proportions. :roll:

- Coach

Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:49 am
Minor Diety

L4D DLC coming, plus modding tools....we should see some awesome user-made maps and/or campaigns in the future :)

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2009/02 ... -new-mode/

- Coach

Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:36 pm
Felix Rex

oh hell yea. If I weren't so busy I'd do some modding of my own. :roll: Hmm...Shiny and I are taking a 3d modeling class... that could come in handy for this.

Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:22 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I can't even begin to imagine the crazy shit you guys will come up with :roll:

massive confusion over the DLC btw: first reports said nothing about being paid or free, then a report came out saying they'd have a price tag, and THEN Valve themselves contacted the site to say that it "hasn't ruled out the possibility of the price being 0.00$". :)

Either way, IF there is a pricetag, blame the Xbox 360. Valve has never released anything post-factum that you had to pay for on the pc (that wasn't a complete expansion, obviously). If they 'mysteriously' start doing so on their first on-release cross-platform title...yeah. :?

One would say: why don't they just release it for free on steam and make the DLC for Xbox 360 paid (because MS doesn't like giving away free stuff on xbox live)? Because that would throw MS in a hissy fit: its console gamers will complain that they have to pay if the PC players don't, clearly. So...comes down to high-level struggle between Valve and MS, I imagine. Either both are paid, or both are free. The compromise would be bad for MS too. Mmm.

- Coach

Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:07 am
Felix Rex

I think Valve has the upper hand here. Microsoft would be slitting its own wrist if it banned Valve from publishing games to the xbox360... you don't cut out such a prolific and high-quality developer without some serious justification.

The news on what the DLC will have is lacking in details... 2 new campaigns with versus... so, does that mean Death Toll and Dead Air have been made versus, or two completely new campaigns? If it's the latter, I could see paying a nominal fee. If it's the former... that should've been part of the original release. Them charging for it would make me mad. Just like I'll never buy another Running With Scissors game.. they decided to charge for the multiplayer add on to their single player game.

Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:53 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I think it'll be dead air and death toll. Judging by this quote, at least:

Quote:
Speaking in an interview with Kotaku, Valve writer Chet Faliszek said that the first DLC pack will include the two missing versus campaigns and "some new stuff" too.

THE missing versus campaigns? So yeah, probably the other two maps.

I agree btw, I don't think Valve'll charge for it...but they are being extremely vague about it, which doesn't make me very hopeful.

- Coach

Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 39  Next