It is currently Wed Oct 02, 2024 12:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 39  Next
Left 4 Dead 
Felix Rex

I'm enjoying it. We played through the first 'movie', No Mercy. We played on normal which was pretty much just easy as hell, except for the very end. We got overwhelmed and killed like 20 feet away from rescue. :p We did end up beating it on a second try, though.

Last night it was just Shiny and I. I typically host local games and only friends can join. Hopefully this weekend we can play earlier in the day and you guys can jump in.

Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:50 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah, I might pick up the game after all. :P But maybe not this weekend yet...we'll see. Perhaps next one. Reviews seem to be consistently good.

But I wonder: do you 'need' voice communication in the game? or can you play without to a satisfying level, by (typed) chat?

Cause I'm not a big fan of teamspeak. :)

- Coach

Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:46 am
Minor Diety

It might help, but there are voice commando's available by key as always. When we played i didn't have my mic on. So it isnt' a real must.

Being swamped with work (exams coming up) i'm not planning to buy it yet, but i'm going to ask people to buy it for my birthday (12 dec).

~King of Thieves~

Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:23 am
Felix Rex

heh.. you poor bastards. You don't have to have voice commo for the game, but it really does help. It's also got chat integrated, so no need for 3rd party chat apps or anything. The best teams I was on all had voice chat... 'The witch is up the right stairs, go left'. 'Guns in here, come get some.' 'Pipe bombs'. 'When the horde comes, I'll toss my pipe bomb over here. You guys man the gatling'. It really does matter.

However, we understand that you're scared of showing your Belgian accent. Either that or maybe you talk like a girl, I don't know.

Shiny and I played through the second movie (death Toll) yesterday. Good stuff. When we were running for the rescue I got knocked down by a hunter... I thought I was screwed. Then Bill rescued me. And a tank showed up and pwnt both of the AI NPCs. Then Shiny got stuck on the boarding plank and ganked by undead, so in the end I was the only one to escape. :roll: If I hadn't been yelling for her to save me, maybe the three of them would've made it out alive. :P

Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:04 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

~King of Thieves~

Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:34 pm
Felix Rex

lol, yea, there's nothing like a freakin' tank showing up as you're trying to run to the escape. :roll: Or getting tackled by a hunter or grabbed by a smoker.

It's a good deal of fun, though. I plan on playing some more tonight after some I take care of some familial obligations.

Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:30 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Anyone knows that if you buy the game through Steam, are there extra expenses charged at the end of the payment process?

Because when you add it to your cart is says "Final taxes and total will be calculated during checkout".

If not (or hardly any) i'll probably have to show my wife how to buy stuff through steam. Since on Steam it costs 50 dollar, here it will probably be 50 euro. And dollar still is lower than euro.

Oh, there's also the family pack: 4 copies for the price of 3. Maybe i should find some people that are interested in that. I might buy it for my brother's birthday, now who else can i buy it for :P

~King of Thieves~

Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:12 am
Felix Rex

haha, yea, I saw that. I thought about it too, but I just don't know enough people that would play it. :P

BTW, Shiny and I have now completed all 4 movies on normal. But we're certainly not anywhere near done with the game yet.

Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:47 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

We were at my parent's house yesterday. My brother's birthday is coming up as well (3 dec) and i'm buying him this game. And he's buying it for my birthday. It's nice to have a relative that plays games :)

~King of Thieves~

Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:16 am
Minor Diety

Dang J, if we could find a 4th person apart from you, your brother and me, one of us could buy the 4-pack and split the price evenly.

150 bucks = 118 euros, divided by 4 = 30€ pp. That's a pretty sweet deal. :)

When are you planning on buying it? Cause maybe if I can find a 4th man on steam.

I want in on the action, but I want to do so without losing too much money on it. :P ;)

I have relatives who play games too, but they suck at it. My youngest brother is kind of ok, but the middle one is BAD. Plain bad.

- Coach

Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:10 am
Duke

http://www.kotaku.com.au/games/2008/11/ ... rpg-2.html

I'm a complete wuss when it comes to games like these, so I doubt I'll ever end up playing it.
But I stumbled across this, had a bit of a laugh, then thought of you guys! :P

Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:19 pm
Minor Diety

Hehe good movie suga. That guy shows you how NOT to play: just rush in and you'll get raped from all sides. :)

~King of Thieves~

Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:14 am
Minor Diety

Man, I can see this game is going to be ask for an adjustment of my style. :roll: That guy was a real screamer tho!

- Coach

Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:10 am
Felix Rex

I've been playing a lot of the versus games lately. Basically 4 people play as survivors and 4 other people play as infected. As infected your goal is to separate and overwhelm the survivors. :P Good fun there. After the survivors either get wiped out or make it through, the teams swap sides.

rofl@the video. I would totally look for another game if I had some fool like that yelling into his mic.

Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:23 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I'm gonna spend a lot of time in stores this afternoon, with my freshly deposited November wage. I might give in to the temptation.

- Coach

Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 39  Next