It is currently Mon Oct 07, 2024 2:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
I'm fucked. 
Duke

hehe it's a damn good motto for life it is :mrgreen:

Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:53 am
Minor Diety

ive copied it for future reference. Is that ok?

Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:57 am
Minor Diety

I'd like to speak Japanese or Chinese myself, i've already got some online japanese learning stuff in my favorites, for if i ever decide to start with it. I bet it's freaking hard, especially if you're doing it that way, without people correcting you.

bear - kuma .. hey i knew that already from Tekken, japanese is easy :P

Btw if anyone is interested: http://www.learn-japanese.info/ and http://www.japanese-online.com/index.htm

~King of Thieves~

Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:28 am
Duke

kusai onara o shimasenka? - won't you do a smelly fart?

hehe our jap teacher taught us well :D

Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:07 am
Minor Diety

Lol, i see you learn the average joe conversations as well.

Is it standard education, or did you chose to follow it Suga? And how many hours/year, years have you followed it? And how good can you speak Japanese already? (i know, lots of questions)

~King of Thieves~

Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:17 am
Duke

we had japanese at our primary school... but really didn't learn anything! It was compulsory for a short time in year 7 and 8, then you do as you choose. I've followed it all the way through (doing year 12, jap exam is in 2 weeks). I can speak japanese, and i'd be able to survive over there. I know quite a few different sentence structures, but i'd make shiteloads of mistakes! lol :mrgreen:

Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:43 am
Minor Diety

I'd love to be able to write japanese or chinese, chinese more i think. That'd be wicked! *pass's Tyranus some of his corner cake* You bastards can't have any! *throws tenis ball*

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:00 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

wow. That's ok, Mole. Stick with English. You have enough problems with that. :p

err...heheh. Supposedly I have a really high aptitude for languages. Damned if I've ever been fluent in anything but English though (except when I was a kid). Kinda sucks...the best time to learn a language is when you're a kid, but most people don't give enough of a fuck until they're an adult. Damn Irony.

/waves to Suga

I think Japanese is a cool language.

Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:15 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I think you still are good at German if you practice it a little bit, but that you just never get around to using it anymore. After all, once you've been fluent at a language it comes back easily. You make it sound like you have become the 1337 suck at it. :D It's like what, 10-15 years ago max that you lived in Germany?

To continue the derailing of this thread, did you know that the aptitude/intelligence testing center of schools around here is called PMS? No kidding.

Bastards gave me two completely different advices, too. So much for their system. :roll:

- Coach

Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:33 am
Minor Diety

Yeah since it's derailing anyway: how does the SAT-test work? And what are the bad/average/good scores. Since sometimes you watch a movie and it says: yeah well i had 750 on my SAT (which is very bad i assume, in the context of the movie).

PMS, pssh, they always told me i should follow Latin. Which i wasn't interested in at all. Hey wait a minute, i was lazy already at the age of 12. :mrgreen:

~King of Thieves~

Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:12 am
Minor Diety

I got a place to live now! More expensive than here, but a hell of a lot nicer, and with a proper oven too. Only a single bed though, but that's cool ;)

It's a loft conversion, for £390 a month (not including bills etc :/) there was an awesome one downstairs from us, which had a breakfast bar and shit in, but that was £425 pcm.

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:13 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

anyway....err....10 years ago I lived in Germany, but I wasn't fluent then, either. I haven't been fully fluent since I was about 6 years old, I think. And that was like 185 years ago. :(

ummm....PMS. what the hell. Then again, all these 'genius' groups are usually staffed with morons. Go figure.

ermmm...SAT's. Bascially, it consists of 2 portions, English and Math. Each is on a scale of 300-800 points (if I remember correctly). You then sum the two and get your SAT score. I think average is (or was, or is supposed to be) like 1000 or 900 or something. 785 = retardo. 1600 = uberdork. I got a 1230, and I didn't take any of those retarded preparatory classes they try to crank kids through. Hope that helps. :P

Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:03 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

A fact about Japan you probably didn't know. And no I didnt google this. Its my random knowlegde.

Back in the years when the Golden Horde (also known as the Mongols), led by Genghis Khan (sp) China was conquered and the Mongols gained the ability of building a fleet. (for those that dont know, the Khan's were the most sadistic conqueres of all time, killing millions). Anyway, with this new fleet the Mongols had their eyes set on Japan, which was at the time split into feudal conflict. The Mongols would find it an easy and worthwhile target.

And so they set sail.

However, during the voyage, the fleet encountered a mighty storm which smashed the ships, drowned all the "soldiers" and disrupted the invasion indefinately.

Thus, the Japanise from then on recognised this storm as an act of god/s. Calling it the Divine Wind, or Kamikaze.

There you go.

Oh and the only Japanise i know, is:

Hattori Hanzo, Kensai, Katana, Samurai, Yari, Ashigaru, Naginata, Koku and No-Dachi.

Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:50 am
Minor Diety

- Coach

Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:42 am
Felix Rex

Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:40 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next