It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 8:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Another one 
Felix Rex

Yep. If the shit really hits the fan, everyone from a supply private to a general could be sitting in fox holes with rifles.

In fact, when I was stationed in Korea, we were prepared for just such an eventuality. I was a missile jock...we're not ever supposed to see combat. But we had plans in place for if/when a brigade of north koreans hit our beach.

Did ya know those bastards have backpacks kinda like flamethrowers that throw out tear gas (and probably worse stuff)? That's crazy.

Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:30 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Sounds fun :roll: Thankgod they're so far away.

The way I see it, you're best off in the middle-back part of the army. Like, you're obviously gonna see combat up front, and the back is an all-time favorite for surprise attacks, so lower-middle it is. :) I'll try to become a big-shot general nevertheless...even if the shit really hits the fan, I suppose they hit the trenches because they feel they have to...i mean, since they're in charge they could prolly order a heli to fly him out of there, if possible.

Coward general who spends most of his time in the lower-middle part of the army then. W00t.

Was it in this thread that the geneva convention was mentioned? Cos when it comes down to it, nobody really bothers with it. Western nations often try to keep up appearances tho. At this very moment the US is happily violating geneva conventions, and it's not like anybody seems to mind. :roll:

- Coach

Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:33 am
Felix Rex

oh yea. Even when we weren't at war, most of the people in my squad/platoon were in agreement...Geneva conventions will be obeyed as long as they're convenient. But we got the obligatory 'don't torture prisons or shoot people with .50 machine guns' classes, etc. Bleh, whatever.

Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:28 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4