It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 12:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Bullshit (split from Doom III topic) 
Felix Rex

There were alot of really smart people in Nazi Germany. Lots of really sociopathic people, too, but it's amazing the type and quality of leadership that blossomed there.

Of course, WWII is too near to us in a time sense for most people to admit that Hitler was a genius. And he was certainly a sociopath. But anyway, it's interesting when the forces of history combine to create something like that. A unified Europe was almost realized for the first time in history.

Of course, 60 years later, it's happening again, but through economic means, not military.

Fri Aug 20, 2004 4:58 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

It's all part of my plan for world domination. :) Soon you may adress me as Emperor of Europe.

Anyhow, I mostly agree with what you said. I think the mass spectacles and adoration of the Leader were pretty disgsting tho, unless the Leader is me. ;) No, but seriously, that sucks; and consequentially, morons suck.

I don't think Hitler himself was such a genius, either. But he did surround himself with an extremely competent staff, and that's a very intelligent decision, so maybe that works out the same. :) It's only when Hitler went completely cuckoo that everything got really messed up, with the 'suicide' of Rommel as one of the most important consequences. You cannot waste a military genius like that of Rommel's in an enormous war like WW2, and that is exactly what Hitler did. (which is, again, a sign of his evr-growing paranoia)

Bleh. Coca cola always gets me in a ranting mood.

- Coach

Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:03 am
Minor Diety

Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:24 pm
Felix Rex

All the syphillis. It'll get you every time.

Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:34 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah...though I'm not speaking from personal experience. (and more recently, my hand usually doesn't carry many venereal diseases :/ :roll: )

- Coach

Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:31 am
Felix Rex

Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:14 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

lol. Kinda. Except for that time I passed out. :roll: (disclaimer: fictional events)

- Coach

Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3