It is currently Fri Oct 04, 2024 4:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Satis, luck for us. 
King

Post Satis, luck for us.
Well, for me at least. I just got off Individual Ready Reserve like a couple months ago. I am assuming your off it too.

Quote:
Army officials said Tuesday that about 5,600 former soldiers — mostly people who recently left the service and have up-to-date skills in military policing, engineering, logistics, medicine or transportation — will be assigned to National Guard and Reserve units starting in July.

Many of them will find themselves in Iraq by the end of the year.

They are in a rarely used pool of reservists known as the Individual Ready Reserve.

Story

Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:28 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Minor Diety

lol...so you barely escaped reserve duty? Lucky shit idd. :D

- Coach

Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:37 am
Felix Rex

yea, I read that. I have no idea if I'm off it or not. I hope so. Considering I got out in 99, they'd be stupid to call me up anyway. I don't remember anything. :P

Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:58 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Hey i'd start working on a beer belly just to play it safe, you never know ;-)

~King of Thieves~

Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:09 am
Minor Diety

hehe...when they reinstate draft here again, first thing i do is eat my way to obesity. :D Better than break my legs or summit. An older friend of mine did a monthly diet of rice and water, and after a while he was under the minimum weight limit. :) Thankgod we got rid of that stupid law. :roll:

Btw, weren't you guys like in logistics? Background troops and whatever, like the crew they captured in Iraq some time ago?

- Coach

Wed Jun 30, 2004 3:58 pm
King

What was your contract? 3 years active? 4 years active?

Mine was 3 years active and like 6 years inactive reserve (Individual ready reserve)

Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:20 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Felix Rex

I was 2 years and change active, then I did a year of national guard. I think inactive reserve is automatically 8 years total (ie, 8 years - (active + reserver/guard)). Erm....that means I'm good in September, if that is the case. If it's 9 years, then I'm screwed until Sept of next year. :/ I guess I could get married and claim hardship. :)

Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:19 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Or you could go to Canada. Seen something on tv about how young americans run away to avoid being send to iraq, same thing happened during vietnam-war.

Bla let`s just assume this all won`t be necessary.

~King of Thieves~

Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:29 am
Minor Diety

They don't go to war J, if I'm correct. They'd have to do service in the US in all sorts of stuff, which don't involve war (as long as the US isn't attacked, fat chance lol). Could be wrong tho. WOuld be fun to see Satis running off to Canada tho. :D

- Coach

Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:40 pm
Felix Rex

erm...first, it's not a draft. Peope that've never been in are not going to be forced into the military. The only ones that are eligible for this potential callup are people that recently got out of the military.

And it's not a reality yet. Just potentially. Hopefully someone will call foul and shoot the moronic politician that thought this up.

erm...anyway....I wouldn't run. I'm trained as a PATRIOT missile jock...why the hell would they put me in Iraq? No chance of any anti-missile fire being needed... anti-rocket, maybe, but PATRIOT can't do that. Naw, I'd probably go to freakin' Korea again, just in case the NKs get jittery. :/

Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:51 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I know it's not a draft...i was just saying the first thing that came to my mind regarding army+my (Belgian) situation. :) The only way to raise an army here is a draft, ppl aren't too quick to sign up if you live between mass burial grounds of WWII soldiers. :roll: Having said that, the US is a very particular siutation when it comes to the army..so many ppl that sign up voluntarily that you don't need a military service, and still have such a huge army...very weird. Must be something in the history of the US, bleh.

and heh, i first thought you said

Satis wrote:
erm...anyway....I wouldn't run. I'm trained as a PATRIOT

lol

- Coach

Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:03 pm
Duke

lol yeah i had to read that a few times too! hehehe.

Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:18 pm
Minor Diety

Fri Jul 02, 2004 4:50 am
Felix Rex

hell no. I did my time. I won't wannt get blown up my some idiot radical with some homemade TNT and a death wish. I enjoy all my bits and peices precisely where they currently are.

Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:34 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

But what happened to Patriotism, love for your country? What happened to fighting for a bigger cause?

Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next