It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 7:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Mama MIA! 
Felix Rex

HTML is simple. I taught myself the basics in a week. If you actually sit down and learn it, you can make professional looking websites within a month.

Sat Apr 24, 2004 1:52 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

lol yep HTML is easy, learnt it all on my own. it's all the technical crap that aint easy, like Perl or flash etc lol.

Sat Apr 24, 2004 4:29 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

i did learn html, to an extent. I did my website by myself, (with a little help from pevil) I meant things like forums etc.

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Sat Apr 24, 2004 4:29 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

heh, hell, I don't know PHP (much). You don't need to if you grab a pre-made forum like this. Altering it to look the way you want only takes patience, knowledge of HTML, and a basic understanding of how code works. Adding mods only requires you to be able to follow directions (unless something doesn't work).

Flash, on the other hand, isn't all that easy. Still, I taught myself that, too. Basic flash (without action-scripting, or minimal action-scripting) isn't that hard either. Just download the free trial and follow the tutorials.

Sat Apr 24, 2004 2:39 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

picking up stuff rules..i love the feeling you get when you're able to understand/work with something that was like Chinese to you a few weeks before. I've been thinking of teaching myself some coding lingo's, but i can't really be bothered. I'll prolly learn them when i feel i need them, which might quite well be never, but blah. I know too many "real" languages to start cramming code ones on top of that. I own.

- Coach

Sat Apr 24, 2004 4:16 pm
Felix Rex

yea, I know what you mean. I want to learn some real languages too (like C, C++, stuff like that) but just can't force myself to. No real need for them right now. That and I have a friend that's taking C++ courses in college. Apparently the first 4 semesters or some shit are spent making programs that don't even have a GUI front end. Two goddamned years of C++ before you can make an evenly mildly useful program? Fuck that.

Sat Apr 24, 2004 5:06 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

lol yeah, my java course thingy at uni, the first year we learnt how to get things output to command prompt (and to a file), and it took us 1.5 years out of 3 to learn a basic GUI in it :roll:

Sat Apr 24, 2004 6:32 pm
Profile WWW
Emperor

lol, i want my website to be ad free, which is why i want to learn some cool as coding so i can do pretty much everything i want to do with my website myself.

Since I'm very good in many things that should be faced during facing with Web design/dev, I take authority to say I'd be glad to give my purest and with-no-interest (excluding well... reputation (in DND meaning)) help to anyone that need any help about this matter (excluding writting whole site or sheep feeding or ... or OR). Feel free to throw PM.

For flash push someone other.

Satis wrote:
I want to learn some real languages too (like C, C++, stuff like that) but just can't force myself to. No real need for them right now. That and I have a friend that's taking C++ courses in college. Apparently the first 4 semesters or some shit are spent making programs that don't even have a GUI front end. Two goddamned years of C++ before you can make an evenly mildly useful program? Fuck that.

Bah, I agree. For someone who never have seen OOP nor "Hello world" 2 years are very brief to learn all what they should. For others, that 2 years could be just anything from:

1. just affirmation of knowledge
2. Barely boring

n. boring like when you put Jon to install 2000000 WinXP one by one.

Sorry, but Jones are rare. I suffer this on my current faculty too.

BTW, Satis - if you have problem (you have seen my CV (past year)) or question and have not anyone other willing to solve or explain: you're welcome to throw it to me. I'm begginer in PHP but not in non-Web matters.

Sun Apr 25, 2004 5:29 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Ok, i just downloaded the phpbb stuff. I'm having an unsucsefull fiddle with it, i think the main problem is i don't know where to start...

Rock Band [35%]

Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:18 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Please see my other post in the technical forum :P

Rock Band [35%]

Sun Apr 25, 2004 10:47 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Thanks for the offer Gfree. If I ever sit down and actually try to learn the stuff, I'll be sure to bounce questions at you. Ask Pig, I asked him all kinds of PHP questions when I started. :)

Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:16 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2