It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2024 2:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Dragon Age Veilguard 
Stranger

Post Dragon Age Veilguard
aka Goodbye Bioware, RIP. The game looks like woke mobile trash. And hopefully this will be the end of the desecration of Bioware's corpse and the studio will finally be killed off.

Oh and if you haven't noticed, Ubisoft has chosen to commit suicide as well, interesting times indeed.

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Sep 24, 2024 12:43 am
Minor Diety

Post Re: Dragon Age Veilguard
Inquisition killed my interested in Dragon Age anyway. I saw the reveal stuff for this and was instantly turned off. Looks like it might as well be on rails and is some weird half arsed action combat thing.

Dare I ask how Ubisoft have committed suicide? I ignore them most of the time these days anyway, paying attention only to their non-rpg Assassin's Creeds.

Tue Sep 24, 2024 1:44 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Well for starters their stock price has plummeted from 82€ to just 12€. And now they are scheming with SBI. What is SBI you ask? No it's not some distant relative of the FBI, it is actually Sweet Baby Inc or otherwise known as Studio Bankrupt Immediately. Sweet Baby Inc is a company whose purpose is to inject LGBTQ woke crap into every game as much as possible. There are now community groups who track which games they are poisoning and the games are almost but guaranteed to flop.

And it's not looking good for the next Assassins Creed set in Japan. Ubisoft already issued an apology but it's a bit too late. What most companies don't want to understand is that their target 'modern audience' is only interested in bitching and moaning, not so much buying their games. They didn't show up for Acolyte, didn't show up for Sony's Concord and won't show up for any other item designed for them.

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Sep 24, 2024 3:08 pm
Stranger

Ubisoft's latest AC Shadows toy has a broken gate of ww2 with it, the game takes place hundreds of years before that. I think I should start selling twin tower toys in NY, should be a great success, no?

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Sep 24, 2024 11:49 pm
Minor Diety

AC Shadows is from the same lot that did all the RPG crap ones so I'm not even remotely looking at it anyway. I know it has pissed people off coz it's apparently not even remotely historically accurate. I treat games the way I treat films and TV when it comes to 'woke' stuff. If it's an original story and setting, do as you like. If it's based on something historical, try to make it accurate. I can give some liberties (after all, we don't know that there wasn't a half-native, half-english assassin running round during the American Civil War doing everything Connor did) but don't just shove some random shit in there to make everything acceptable to our modern eyes. Put someone in who objects to the owning of slaves or something, have him be sneered at by everyone else, that's fine and acknowledges what we now know is wrong but was accepted then. Don't have half the cast like that though. Tbh I just get fed up with reading comments on every fucking game that go "Needs more trans chars", "NO WE NEED LESS WOKE CRAP IN GAMES", "I wanna be a furry", "Bring back genders". Just play the bloody game if you enjoy it and if you don't then fuck off. And don't go posting the same comments on every sodding game forum for every game even though you've never even played it. Are people really that bored now?

Ubisoft have, in my eyes, been worse than EA (which is saying something) for years now for many things. I wasn't remotely surprised last year by all the 'ads in game' rubbish they did then backtracked on. It'll be back in a year or two when they hope people have forgotten about it and might let it slide. I did decide to give Mirage a try when I saw a free weekend thing up for it and it feels like old AC to me so I bought it when it went on sale. But of course you have to have all their uplay crap along with it too. I can only hope for Ubisoft's sake that there is a tie in to WW2 in that case with the modern day stuff (if they even do that anymore, they didn't in Mirage and they should've stopped after Black Flag in my opinion and I only give BF a pass coz it was amusing to see them take the piss outta themselves with Abstergo gaming) coz otherwise that's just weird.

Dammit Peltz you got me riled up lol. I used to love AC so much. I still have a corner of all the figurines.

Wed Sep 25, 2024 1:28 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

You're welcome I guess, better vent it out on Ubisoft rather than people close to you. Some context for the gate pillar - this is the ground zero of Nagasaki nuclear explosion.

Quote:
The Sanno Shrine, situated 900 m from the center of the blast, was instantly obliterated by the explosion and the 4000°C heat wave vaporized nearby trees. The only thing that remained is the torii arch standing on a single pillar, reminding us of the tragedy that took place.

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Sep 25, 2024 3:11 am
Minor Diety

Don't take much to make me lament the downfall of AC :D

Wed Sep 25, 2024 6:53 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]