It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
What are you playing now? 
Minor Diety

Post Re: What are you playing now?
Hahaha I think the biggest difference is that J has kids and has a modest obligation of spending time with them. I'm sure it gives a sort of fulfilment that getting tanked and playing games can't give. Not that I would know. :P Can't say I'm too unhappy with my lifestyle.

J, when will your kids be old enough to play games with you without sucking bad? I know that they will overtake and crush you within a few years from that point, so you better enjoy the few years you got on them. ;-)

Just played and finished South Park: The Fractured But Whole. Loved almost everything about it - the jokes, the characters, the story, the combat. Just some slow animations, but otherwise it was ok. I'm a pretty big South Park fan anyway but even so...good stuff.

- Coach

Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:15 pm
Minor Diety

Well my kids are 6 and 8 now (will soon be 7 and 9), so they can play games on a decent level, especially the oldest one.

Example:
Since they were playing Clash Royale and you can't block chat there, i sacrificed myself to start playing it myself on my mobile phone. If you don't know the game, it's a strategic game where you place units with different characteristics on your side of the arena and try to destroy your opponent's crown towers. If you want to label it: a RTS/MOBA game.

The youngest one is doing well for his age, probably because he has a kind of reckless style :P
The oldest one actually has more trophies now than i (ever) had, although we're around the same number. So that 'overtake and crush' moment isn't that far off.
(if you happen to know the game, he's in arena 11, if you don't have any insight in the game, you never get there, even with highest lvl units)

Glad to make you feel young Satis :wink:

~King of Thieves~

Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:33 am
Minor Diety

Haha yea 9 is probably just about getting there...we shouldn't forget that these kids have grown up with tech from birth. When I was 10, mobile phones were a rarity, and even home computers were a luxury. These days if you have access to a phone or tablet (and if your parents aren't super poor or total luddites you will), you can play games. And it's a lot easier to learn at 9 than at 36, I'll tell you. :cry:

- Coach

Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:58 pm
Minor Diety

I've been obsessed with The Long Dark for a month or two, just coming down from the binge. :P The story mode was shit but the survival mode kept me going for so long. Now I kinda ran out of goals so I'm getting bored...unless I can find a new goal to work towards I think I'm done with it. Anyone else play it?

- Coach

Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:24 pm
Minor Diety

Burned out on the Long Dark and moved on to some other games...not sure yet which one I'll focus on for now, but:

- Continued my BG2 game and made it to Throne of Bhaal now. It feels a bit more like playing a 'new game' than the original, which I must have played through 20+ times easily. Throne of Bhaal probably only a few times.

- Kona : sort of a first-person detective game in a small town up in the frozen Canadian wastes set in the 70s...the premise is interesting, and it's still captivating me for now, but I get annoyed by the clunky controls already. We'll see if I'll continue.

- Beholder: This one is a bit strange in terms of setup: you're the landlord of a building in a totalitarian state and have to spy and report on your tenants to the government. I only just started, but I guess the conflict will likely be on the choice between being a good person or saving your own ass (and how that affects your loved ones). Interesting art style and premise, for sure.

- What Remains of Edith Finch: started this last night and well...it's grabbed me from the 1st hour. Looking forward to putting some more time into it. I can't really describe the game very well so far, as it's not even clear what genre it is. But it's already...interesting.

- Coach

Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:14 am
Felix Rex

I have not player the long dark. Maybe. I'm not sold on the graphics, but who knows.

I pretty much stopped playing 7 days to die. Just got bored of it.

Been playing Witcher 3. I'm like 120 hours in. I completed the main storyline and have started the Heart of Stone expansion. This is a really good game. It took me a little while to get into it, but I'm definitely fully invested at this point. I think it probably took 30-50 hours for me to really get into it. Having said that, 120 hours is a long time. Though I definitely plan on finishing heart of stone and blood and wine, I'm looking forward to moving on to something else.

Still playing World of Warships. It's fun to jump in and blow up some people.

Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:30 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9