It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 542 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37
Good films.. 
Minor Diety

Post Re: Good films..
More films!

Blade Runner 2049 : great stuff! Almost on par with the original Blade Runner for me. The visuals are amazing, the world bleak and distopian, and the acting is strong (and minimalist). The movie takes its time and has surprisingly many silent scenes that lack even music - like the original - and yet doesn't bore for a second.

The Dark Tower : Never was a huge King fan, but I was looking forward to the movie adaptation anyway. Turns out it wasn't bad, but nothing thrilling either. Both Elba and McConaughey but in a good performance, but it all feels a bit simplified and Hollywood blockbuster-y, given the pitch dark source material. Just didn't really do it for me.

- Coach

Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:07 am
Felix Rex

Post Re: Good films..
I never watched the Dark Tower... it looked pretty bad so I didn't bother. I did watch the rest of those, though, and I think we agree on their quality.

Ready Player One - saw this in the theater recently. I read the book years ago and really liked it. The movie diverged quite a bit from the source material, but I still liked it. The quality of the CG and whatnot is really good. Some parts are absolutely amazing. Other parts are awfully Hollywood or eye-rolling, but that's kinda to be expected. Overall, I'd give it a 7.5/10.

I can't recall if I've watched any other movies recently. I think I've mostly been watching TV shows... working my way through the latest season of Vikings currently.

Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:15 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 542 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37