It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Oblivion - Pev 
Minor Diety

Post Oblivion - Pev
Yeah well I'm following the trend. Except I have more in my thread than ox: I've touched the strat guide! *strokes* Not gonna bother with it though.

Anyhoo my copy is in the back at work. It shall be purchased at 9.40am tomorrow morning, and sit in my bag until approx 2.15pm when I get home and start installing.

I want now!

Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:11 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

stupid work made me work 2 hours later so just about to start installing; mole is currently in char creation on his 360. *pats shiny box*

Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:24 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Well so far I'm loving it. Just got out of the sewers and went into the Imperial City to sell some stuff. Just a sword/shield fighter here, with a little into Mercantile as well ;) I'll get the settings later, it runs nicely, not choppy though not quite as smooth as could be.

I've only taken a couple of screenies, I keep forgetting, but I'll post a few later on.

Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:31 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Well I LOVE this game. So lets get on with it. Excuse the fact that the pics are a bit crappy right now; after format I didn't reinstall Photoshop yet so I was stuck with paint for editing; I'll update tomorrow with nicer pics. Also Mole is downloading stuff atm so i'm gonna leave things uploading in the background; if anything doesn't work, wait til tomorrow and just assume it's still uploading :P

HAHA I AM THE FIRST TO HAVE A HORSE, TAKE THAT BITCHES :P it was free too ;)

First of all, screenies of my settings:
http://www.pevilsplace.co.uk/Oblivion/settings.gif
http://www.pevilsplace.co.uk/Oblivion/settings2.gif
http://www.pevilsplace.co.uk/Oblivion/settings3.gif
http://www.pevilsplace.co.uk/Oblivion/settings4.gif
http://www.pevilsplace.co.uk/Oblivion/settings5.gif
Runs mostly ok, though its slightly choppy; not enough to annoy me though.

A few pretty pictures too:
http://www.pevilsplace.co.uk/Oblivion/rain.gif - It was raining. On the water. Looks pretty
http://www.pevilsplace.co.uk/Oblivion/imperial.gif - View of a part of the Imperial City from outside
http://www.pevilsplace.co.uk/Oblivion/clearing.gif - awww, deer grazing on a hill. Bless.
http://www.pevilsplace.co.uk/Oblivion/horse.gif - Nearest I've managed to get to a deer. This one is still there. Guess she likes the grass.
http://www.pevilsplace.co.uk/Oblivion/deer.gif - First glitch I found; the deer was startled by me a long way down the road and I followed it to the stable. The deer continued to bound around near the horses, pushing them out the way. By pushing I mean bounding against them whilst they slowly slid out of the way.

And a few vids:
Horse Movement ~ 1mb - Me on a horse. Horse movement is VERY realistic, though obvious they only studied highly trained horses rather than 'normal' horses, as the only time you'll see horses move like this is in top-end Dressage competitions. I prefer the GUN horses. You only walk and canter on these. No jumping, no trotting, no galloping. It literally is just a mode of transport and mild backup for tough fights.

Mudcrab fight ~ 400kb - A contrast to Satis' fight, showing swordplay instead of bows.

And this vid has a story with it, which is what's really made me love this game to be honest.

Random happenings ~ 1mb

As you can see at the start of this vid, I was outside Chorral when this random woman rides up on a black horse and says hi, then gallops off. I get suspicious that she robbed me and take chase. Of course, she's on the best horse, I'm on the worst, and she soon gets away. We run past the Pillaged Mine, then I figure oh well, turn round and head back to Chorrel. To see the woman on her horse in the middle of the road. A wolf attacks, she gets off and lets the horse sort it out while she runs off. I follow her and lose her again. I go back to the road and find the horse has gone, and the wolf is dead.

I continue messing around in the general area, when she runs past me! I follow her and she ends up near the Pillaged Mine. I watch her go in and out a few times, always losing track of her and never being able to talk to her. One time, as she came out of the mine she said "Hey, how are you?" before running off. Couple more times, and then she never came back to the mine. Still seeing her run past me occasionally... she seems to be working the mine and not missing her horse at all.

Last edited by pevil on Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:35 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

just for the record, I bought my horse last night. So :p It's a brown one. I figured you fools would probably have the game before checking out the forums for new stuff from me, so didnt' see the point of filming any more. Besides, I went into the oblivion gate and didn't want to spoiler anything.

Good stuff, other than the bmps. :x My paint allows me to save as jpg....I guess yours doesn't?

Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:24 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

yeah it lets me... but screws up the prettiness. So I'm gonna reinstall photoshop tomorrow and convert them to gifs without crap ;)

and my horse was free so nyah :P I wanna black one though... except black should be black, not purpley looking. *sulk* Loving this so far though; the random encounter with the miner woman has totally won me over!

Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:50 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Hey Pev, my next screenshots are gonna freak you out.

Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:39 pm
Minor Diety

Nice stories Pev! Especially the lady on the horse, hehe. And I love it too when I see two deer jump around in the nearby forests...very idylic. I can actually chase them down by foot, heh. Three cheers for speedy ox!

You should make a trip North, you'll love it there as a kick-ass Nord fighter girl. ;)

- Coach

Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:56 pm
Minor Diety

Well so far I've got a couple of quests that are way too hard :P lol. Been on the painting quest (guys, don't do more than accept that til you are higher lvl than 3 lol), and also one to kill a necro... I can clear out her cave but she's got some other necro helping her slaughter my ass.

So right now I'm in Chorrel, investigating the countess' stolen painting. Some intriguing stuff I've found whilst snooping ;)

Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:56 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

The horse wench was back again. Thats her official name, I decided ;) I was wandering round Chorrel, reuniting brothers, finding them their old family home, returning them there, rescuing daughters and finding the countess' painting. Anyhoo I returned from the old house of Weatherleah and as I'm headed back to Chorrel and by the stable, the wench turned up. She had found her horse in the wilderness somewhere and had gotten back on it.

Once again she ran up to me, said hi and ran back off to the mine. I follow, don't manage to catch her. So head back to Chorrel... she's already coming back AWAY from Chorrel again; musta looped round somewhere. Once again I fail to target her in time and she gets away. Tomorrow night I'm going to stand at the door to the mine for a full 24 Oblivion hours and I'm damn well gonna talk to her!

It's so annoying lol, I just want to know what she's up to! But so very cool at the same time.

Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:06 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Well so far I found my only problem with the game: the world seems way too small.

I decided to head west of Chorrel, seeing as how a fair bit of Hammerfell is shown on the in-game map. Within five mins I hit the border and received the "You can go no further, turn back" message along with the crappy invisible wall. The only good thing that came of this was that I saw the horse wench further along; it would seem her business is not only in Chorrel and the pillaged mine, but also in Hammerfell.

Maybe its just because I have a horse, but even if I take the 'long' route to places by following the road, I get there way too fast. It feels much, much smaller than Morrowind.

Oh but keep an eye out for Else God-Hater in Skingrad; she so is me in-game ;) I also found a House Hlaalu elf who had travelled over from Morrowind to settle but was worried about the fine for Necromancy.

Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:14 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I FINALLY spoke to the horse wench. She apparently is the person who delivers the Black Horse Courier... hence her black horse. So happy now! lol.

And just for Satis: I went back to where I found the Vampire Witchfinder... yes, it was a vampire. I went into a dungeon with a ton of them, including a Vampire Monk (hmm). I even contracted Vamp disease (but got it cleared; I was tempted to go vamp but this is a good char, another will have to be vamp).

So if anyone is wanting to be vamp, I can tell you where to go!

edit: some more escapades.

Well I found the Vampire Patriarch in the aforementioned place and slaughtered him. hehe. Contracted another ton of diseases; I don't think I've had a single 'well' day in Oblivion yet!

Found a few expensive things to sell, including a Dwemer Warhammer (went for over 200) and a few magic things that sold for around 300 - 400. Then I went and raided my first Ayleid ruin which got me a lot of treasure too. So I hit the 5000 mark gold-wise and decided instead of going for a black horse, I'd go for the one down, the white, which is 4000 and will go better with my good characters style. Took a while before I found the stable they sell them in but finally got it. After buying the white, Prior Maborel's horse, the one I'd been using, set off back to Weynon Priory, which is pretty cool.

I had a bit of an explore around the coastline while I was there, and found my last few nirnroots for a quest I was doing, so need to head back to Skingrad. Decided I'd head back slowly, seeing what I could find, and found another Ayleid ruin, so headed in, which is where I am now. This ruin is infected with necromancers and many bladed traps, so its fun!

So my next few goals are:
1. Get to skingrad to finish the nirnroot quest
2. Find some nicer armour than 'iron'. I need shiny stuff, I'm a good knight!
3. Explore lots of ruins and caves
4. Finally kill the bastard Ogre Chieftain for another quest
5. Buy me a house, even if its the cheapest one in Chorral (I've heard rumours about it, and it sounds like Ox's kind of place ;))

I also think eventually (but not for a while yet) I'll make a few more characters along the lines of:

Khajit Hunter - think ranger; marksmanship, daggers for up close, light armour, good jumping and running and probably no horse for her

Criminal - the typical thief type, with a black horse for speedy getaways and to help blend into the night.

Brawler - not many morals but not evil or criminal as such. Heavy armour (daedric preferably), and blunt weapons. Generally brutal and pretty blunt in all dealings.

Mage - all magics and alchemy.

Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:52 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Omg, you're totally rich! I never had more than 3k...and now I'm down to 2k again I think (paying off outstanding bounty etc). Funny you contract that many diseases too, I didn't even catch one yet. :o

Take pics of your horses!! I wanna see them, hehe. Any idea how much a house goes for?

P.S. Pev, the dark elf didn't ask about the fine for Necromancy...she was asking about necrophilia. ;) Maybe I should have a little breaking and entering in that young lady's bedroom. :roll:

- Coach

Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:30 pm
Minor Diety

Gonna install Photoshop in a mo, then I'll post the pics of my horsie. And stupid FRAPS, I'd forgotten to set it to run on startup so after the first day, when it was running because i'd just installed it, any pics I was attempting to take and vids record, it didn't work *sigh* But I did get a couple last night, so I'll post them in a bit.

edit: screenies for ox :P

http://www.pevilsplace.co.uk/Oblivion/vampire.gif - Here he is, the Vampire Patriarch... getting his ass owned ;) Actually he did nearly kill me lol, and infected me again. Bastard.

http://www.pevilsplace.co.uk/Oblivion/horsewench.gif - And here she is! The horse wench is spoken to! YAY!

http://www.pevilsplace.co.uk/Oblivion/mywhitehorse.gif - Look. It says so. My White Horse. What a name to give your faithful steed

http://www.pevilsplace.co.uk/Oblivion/meonhorse.gif - I look good on a white horsie ;) Even though its actually a fleabitten grey. So much for Bethesda studying horses intensively :P

http://www.pevilsplace.co.uk/Oblivion/horseyview.gif - Got it as the idle animation kicked in on the horse, so looks pretty cool. That Ayleid Ruin is the one I'm currently exploring, with necros in.

edit 2: Well had a few more fun adventures today. After wiping out those vampires, I ended up back at the Imperial City for a while, and whilst in the Temple District I was approached by a random woman. Turns out I was hired to be a vampire hunter! I won't go into more detail, as I'll spoil the quest, but currently after the vampire.

I also got an Imperial Watch Captain arrested :) Always good fun. hehe.

Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:33 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Well didn't do too much last night, watched Mole most of the time, but finished clearing out a second vamp next, get paid for killing vamps now. And paid well. And whilst I was doing this quest I got slightly sidetracked because of some horses. I found a herd of wild chestnut horses. They run like deer, so I followed one south for quite some time, my whitie keeping up no problem. And I found an amazing creature. I got a screenie, not that you can truly tell what it is from it, and it kicked my ass, but I'll say no more... all I can say is I want it. hehe.

Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:57 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 85 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next