It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
Games to watch 
Seigneurial Lord

Hmm, got to say the trailer is pretty good (loved that 'command fleets' part where a few ships pass by with SW engine sounds :D) but the space fights still seem to be a bit un-space-fight-ish :? But perhaps I'm just looking for something that isn't right in this SW strategy game. Or maybe I'm just spoiled :? We'll see what EaW is like when (if?) the demo is released.

And as for Spore, question 2:
Are there any benifits to discovering alien civilizations? Trading? Enslaving? Interplanetary Olympics? Or is it just to see what kind of people others have? Wow... I'm really looking forward to this game :D

Edit:
Was reading the IGN preview (here) and when I read
Quote:
It was a floppy lizard looking creature that swam like a retarded dolphin.

I thought 'Can a game get any better?'

All hail to the Creature Profile Writer!

Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:41 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Hehe, great link that! Everybody should read it if they have the time. :)

Quote:
After finding a planet a bit farther away from the sun, Will zoomed on in with his UFO and then dropped the creature off to see what would happen. Unfortunately for the creature, there was no atmosphere on the planet and it soon exploded into a bloody spray from the lack of pressure.

Seeing that this planet needed an atmosphere first, Will set to creating a livable surface for the Tripods. Cities can still be founded on the surface regardless of the atmosphere as clear bubble domes will surround cities keeping them safe. In fact, civilizations that evolved under water would even be able to place cities down that had bubble domes filled with water to accommodate differently evolved creatures (there's no rule about having to leave the water and climb onto land to evolve into intelligent creatures). But instead of simply leaving well enough alone, Will started activating volcanoes across the planet surface to begin creating the atmosphere.

That's just awesome.

@ Dark Archer: yeah, iirc you can learn/copy buildings/vehicles/designs from other civilizations...that is, if you don't choose to obliterate their homes. ;)

Let's hope they can make the ambitious expectations reality! Don't want another STALKER. :/

- Coach

Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:30 am
Felix Rex

Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:18 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Erh..nothing that I know of, that's the point. ;) I just mean that it was also pretty ambitious in terms of AI and world, but just kept getting postponed. I think we're over 2 years later than when it was first announced. :cry:

It's scheduled for this winter IIRC.

- Coach

Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:21 am
Felix Rex

speaking of postponed...the star wars thing was supposed to be november 11th. Now it's Feb 2006. :( Damnit. There's a serious drought of good games. About the only thing I really want to pick up is Battlefield 2.

Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:39 am
Profile WWW
Seigneurial Lord

Looks more like a <insert next-gen game with amazing graphics that almost make you cry here>-engine. Can we borrow it for NWN? Might start playing it again then :roll:

Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:57 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah, as usual we'll have to wait for Christmas before the big guns get drawn. :cry:

- Coach

Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:35 pm
Minor Diety

Check out some screens from The Witcher...it's hard to believe they're building this game on the NWN engine. :lol:

http://www.thewitcher.com/gallery.asp?id=screens&q=5

- Coach

Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:04 pm
Minor Diety

Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:59 pm
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!
looks like a damn fine game. hopefully nwn2 will look as good as that.

Sun Aug 07, 2005 2:41 pm
Minor Diety

the singleplayer demo for F.E.A.R. is out

http://www.whatisfear.com/us/

I'm pretty excited, but I'll to wait for my new pc to play it (sucks)

- Coach

Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:33 pm
Seigneurial Lord

Just noticed I've already downloaded it :? , long live Xfire. D/ls all new demos of the genre's I'm interested in and keeps track of friends playing games and your gaming history[/rant]. Get it here.

Oh, and curse you all for bringing Spore to my attention, every time I start a game I think I'd rather start Spore :?

Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:37 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

That xfire thing sounds interesting...but it looks like I have to create an account or something, pff. :( And you might be in for a loooong wait DA, because Spore doesn't even have a set release date yet. :)

- Coach

Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:28 am
Seigneurial Lord

It's kind of useful, you can pick automatic download channels so it will download every new FPS/RTS/RPG etc. demo they've got, but tbh I never would've used it if it wasn't used by a lot of ppl I know.

And as for the Spore thing: I was afraid that might be the case :? Couldn't find anything new on the (bookmarked) Spore website. Gah :(

Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:08 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Don't despair DA, it's gonna happen eventually. Then again, Duke Nukem 3D was also gonna happen eventually but we all know that it's an urban myth. :(

Erh...anyway, Arkane Studios have just announced their newest game; a fantasy 1st person RPG based on the HOMM (Heroes of Might & Magic universe), which will use the Source engine. It's going to be called Dark Messiah. On itself not thoroughly exciting news, but you should know that Arkane developed the brilliant Arx Fatalis. It's too bad that it's not Arx II but meh, I have faith. :) Screens are expected to be available next week.

Also, if you're interested and fall under these criteria:

Quote:
Arkane cherche un level Designer qui connaisse tres bien Hammer et le fonctionnenement des entités de Source™ Engine. Débutants acceptés. Envoyez votre CV à job@arkane-studios.com

Arkane is looking for a Level Designer who is an expert at Hammer and is familiar with the way the entities work in the Sourceâ„¢ Engine. Contact us at Job@arkane-studios.com

The English translation left out the "débutants acceptés", i.e. debutants are welcomed. That sucks...now I wish I'd spent some more time messing around in Hammer. Like, an entire year. :P

- Coach

Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next