It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 8:23 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next
Thought of the Day 
Minor Diety

I'll have two slices please, and i'll stick them to either side of my ass, so you all can eat it ;) jk

and The courts of law say "innocent untill proven guilty"

but some peoples minds say it the other way around.

I know in my heart, that God exists. so to be honest, it matters not what you say! i'll just argue as much as i can.

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Tue Sep 23, 2003 7:50 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Mole, please, no more marathon posts. Just edit your first one and add your text. :/

And yea, you're still wrong. Every one of your proofs makes a basic assumption that may be wrong.

"Human reasoning is inherently flawed.
Therefore, there is no reasonable way to challenge a proposition.
I propose that God exists.
Therefore, God exists."

what are you smoking? Human reasoning is inherently flawed, thus your proposition must be wrong. Except, I don't believe that human reasoning is inherently flawed; you make assumptions.

"If you weren't atheist, you would not plan to, or think of, doing such things, you would believe in God, and be more conciderate of others. You are moraly inferior."

*cough* Hitler was a Christian. Osama bin Laden is religious. And religious people do in fact think about blowing up religious things... everyone else's (though not their own, of course). As far as the morality judgement... aren't you Christian? What happened to 'love thy neighbor' and 'turn the other cheek'?

Tue Sep 23, 2003 1:25 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I know in my heart, that God exists. so to be honest, it matters not what you say! i'll just argue as much as i can.

Thats all you had to say. I know now exactly how you reason.

Tue Sep 23, 2003 1:44 pm
Minor Diety

look fuck it. I know God exist. Don't give two craps what you say. Everyone gets corrupted once in a while, and with non-believers like you guys around, who aren't even willing to give religion a chance I can see why. I don't want to hear anything else on it, so up yours, and I hope that God does have mercy upon you, cuz I know that deep down you are nice people and I don't really want you to spend the rest of eternity burning in the firey pits of hell. Cus lord knows with talk like that, you'll be there for a long time.

I can't believe that people today are so damned stuck up in science, that they can think that the big bang just happened, and this planet just "fell in to shape" something must have designed it. You obviously don't want faith, so just pray... no hope... no, your screwed. all those are to do with faith. later.

Rock Band [35%]

Wed Sep 24, 2003 4:13 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

"Screw you guys, I don't need logic or reason, I have faith!"

Man. If everyone thought like you we'd still be in caves worshipping the sun and the moon.

Insofar as the burning in hell, god have mercy thing, assuming there is a god, if he's really that tyrannical I'd rather burn then 'bask in his glory for all eternity' or whatever.

God is a hypocrit.

Wed Sep 24, 2003 4:18 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

i have no problem with sceince. I like physics, other two not so keen on. but millions of people believe in God. you telling me that all of them are wrong?

Rock Band [35%]

Wed Sep 24, 2003 4:23 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

IF god exists, then there are two options:
1.) He is a hypocrit bastard who doesn't care about us and if he is, I'm not gonna worship him.
2.) He DOES care about us and then we will be judged by our actions and not by whether we believe in creation or the big bang.

Two more comments:
1.) Science does not rule out a god.
2.) Read the bible, after four pages you run into things that just don't work, science just gives a far better explanation for things.

Wed Sep 24, 2003 4:23 am
Minor Diety

see at least arathon here is willing to give this a thought or two.

Rock Band [35%]

Wed Sep 24, 2003 4:26 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

yep. :) Are we talking a specific religion here, or god in general? Most religions figure every other religion is going to hell anyway. I mean, if we're talking Christianity, there are more Hindus and Muslims then there are Christians. Even within the Christian religion there are divisions, with each division saying the rest are going to hell (especially the Baptists). And 2500 years ago there was no Christianity, just a smattering of very different, polytheistic religions (for the most part). And on and on back through time until you hit the sun worshippers and whatnot.

Granted, alot of people do and have believed in god(s). But alot of different ones. This indicates to me that religion is part of the human condition (like violence), but that doesn't make it right. I mean, 700 years ago millions of people believed the earth was flat. They were all wrong. It's just a matter of time before religion is debunked (IMO).

Wed Sep 24, 2003 4:27 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I'm talking christian, but i don't disbelieve in other people's beliefs. I mean, sure I don't apreciate the muslims having a mosque at the end of my garden, running past, kicking the door and stuff, but hey.

I just think it's right to believe in something that is about being good. Maybe religion was cooked up by early law enforcments trying to convince people that there were right and wrong things to do. But even so, some one has to have put the idea in to someones head all that time ago.

Rock Band [35%]

Wed Sep 24, 2003 4:31 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I believe some time ago scientists found a part of the brain that creates a need for god. Maybe believing in some god is some evolutionary usefull (maybe by creating leaders).
After that I think religion has proven usefull for leaders to enforce laws.

Wed Sep 24, 2003 4:37 am
Minor Diety

of course its useful, infact, look at the ten commandments, they are a law on their own!

Rock Band [35%]

Wed Sep 24, 2003 4:39 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

In the hunter/gatherer days, people believed only in nature, no personalized gods yet, they believed (I think) because they saw huge forces of nature (like lightning, earhtquakes), from time to time.
Then of course believing has no evolutionary advantage.
But when one of the more powerfull hunters has a huge amount of luck with something some time, people start to believe he is favoured by nature, and when he uses that belief correctly he can create a personal cult, in generations growing to a god worship (you know how it goes with stories, they get worse over time).
The hunter and possibly his offspring become rulers, and a strong ruler is off course very good for the group (really, democracy stinks without modern society).
The group is off course strongly related (small group, almost no (friendly) contact with other groups of people), so they all have the same believe-in-god-gene.
With their strong leadership they are more succesfull then groups without a religion/ruler.
And thus believing in (a) god has an evolutionary advantage (not anymore off course, evolution has stopped for men, and religion only slows improvements down now).

Wed Sep 24, 2003 4:59 am
Minor Diety

millions of people believe in God. you telling me that all of them are wrong?

500 hundred years ago everyone knew the earth was flat.

Wed Sep 24, 2003 5:26 am
Minor Diety

but that relates to sceince rather than presence... asin god does not exist in physical form, or at least doen't anymore, if he ever did, and the earth does exist. People don't see God. They feel him.

Question for you though

If the was to be a nuclear blast, and there were two nuclear bunkers. One was actually a well protected church, desgined to survive nuclear attack, the other just a normal bunker. every one inside the church was christian, and the other there were athiest.

Which would you rather go in, given that the distance from the bunkers to you is the same.

Rock Band [35%]

Wed Sep 24, 2003 6:42 am
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next