It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
What are you having for dinner? 
Minor Diety

Don't forget the French...they got nuclear weaponry, have bases on former colonies all around the world, PLUS the Foreigners Legion. That's a not to be underestimed force.

And the Russians got this huge sub packed with nukes patrolling under the polar cap, which can hit about every major target in the world from there. And it can launch through the icelayer. :/

- Coach

Wed Sep 03, 2003 3:52 am
Minor Diety

You seem to overlook China everytime. They seem to be quite the tough-nuts nowadays.

Not to mention Spez-Natz.

Wed Sep 03, 2003 5:34 am
Super Moderator

Actually, I think Israel has a mega-military. More so than Germany, IMO, since they get plenty of urban combat experience. :/ North Korea's not to be laughed at, either. Not so sure about China... their military is huge, but I doubt their training or equipment is up to snuff.

Yea, but Germany is the 2nd strongest military at the moment. China is probably 3rd, simply on sheer number, and Israel's not far behind. Germany still owns though.

Russia? RUSSIA? They can't even destroy a sub right without sinking it en route.

French.... they're just.... French.....

Wed Sep 03, 2003 1:28 pm
Felix Rex

heh, I agree on the French. Russia's formidable just because of their nuclear arsenal. They equipment sucks ass (for the most part) and their training is shite.

Israel has a small military, but they're hard bitches. I wouldn't want to fight the Israelis. Not to be a dick, but the Israelis remind me alot of Nazi Germany... seriously hardcore, dedicated soldiers. Germany's relatively small army was the only reason they lost WWII. Well, if they'd had 3x as many men, they probably would've won. It would've outshadowed their weaknesses. Ditto with Israel. I bet you they could conquer the majority of the Persian gulf in a couple of weeks (not that they could keep it).

Wed Sep 03, 2003 1:45 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah, the Russians seem to have given up on servicing their entire weapons apparal, so they made sure they got a few super-duper nuclear subs (the Tayphoons) in full serviced order. :) Their regular footmen army is under-equipped, under-trained and most important, underfed. :/

Absolutely right on the Isreali army...since they are in constant war their military apparel is both fully operational and updated (lots of cash, merchant ppl). The speed and ease in which they absolutely annihilated the armies of Egypt, Syria and Jordan (who had closed a pact against the israeli) was and is still a landmark of "modern" warfare. Add to that that some other large arab nations (Iraq, S-Arabia) were supporting the arab triangle and you know how strong the israeli army is. :/ War lasted 6 days in total. Must add to that that only Syria lasted that long, plus that the war was ended more of strategic reasons than anything else, but still.

- Coach

Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:26 pm
Felix Rex

yep, I agree. That was a hell of a (short) war they fought. Which is how they ended up with the Gaza strip and whatnot in the firstplace. Y'know, despite all these people moaning and griping about Israel blowing shit up, I feel a great deal of empathy. The country may have been somewhat gifted to them (depends on how you view history), but back in 1972 (isn't that when the war was?) and now they're just fighting for survival. You can't fault that.

Anyway, back on topic for a moment, I've got some pics for you. :)

Now, just not to create any misunderstandings, that wasn't from today. It was from a bit ago. Today I had hamburgers. :P

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:46 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Dang, that's some good lookin' meat you got there whiteboy! ;)Is london broil horse meat, or just ordinary beef? :)

I gotta start taking pics again myself too...had steak yesterday, and lots of würst today. And tomorrow: PITTA!! lots of pitta with litres (well, decilitres maybe) of garlick! Mwuahhaha

P.S. to fullfill our lesson on the 6-day war: The reason why Egypt and co capitulated so quick and gave up those areas Satis mentioned (Gaza strip, Golan heights etc.) is two-fold: Those areas the Isreali's had conquered by then were either already occupied or underpopulated, so expendable to the triangle. The 2nd reason for capitulation was that the Isrealis were in a a 100km radius of all three country's capitals. Cairo at a 100km distance, Syria's and Jordan's capitals even way closer. (fogot their names just now :/ )

They (arab countries) still had quite some troops left; but they decided against it under pressure of both the rest of the world and the superior isreali airforce and missiles who could strike their capitals without any trouble from far away. That's how a major middle-eastern war was prevented back then.

I'm sure Satis knew all this, but just cos this makes me feel cool and for general interest i thought this was cool to type. :)

- Coach

Thu Sep 04, 2003 5:06 pm
Felix Rex

no, it's beef, you freaky eastern European. I did know most of that, of course :P but thanks for sharing. Erm...hell, I have no much more to add to that.

Thu Sep 04, 2003 5:52 pm
Profile WWW
King

No offence, but anyone who hassles the US of A is pretty stupid. Incase you've been asleep the past 50 years, they are by far the dominant superpower and have far superior equipment and military might than any other country in the world. Next on the list would be Germany, and none of you are German. :P

So what if they have big military muscle, I only have the opinion that it's too easy to take the mickey, and I am tired of having to accept some American exports. I must admit though some things I do like about America, Satis's site is one (with satis) and REM is another

I think drugs have done some really good things. If you don't believe me, go home tonight, take all your cassettes, CDs, etc and burn them. Because those artists that have made that music were real fucking high- Bill Hicks

Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:53 am
Minor Diety

Mon Sep 08, 2003 7:00 am
King

Belgium is in Eastern Europe?

I'm sure it's on the west of Germany, huh, Satis proved my point

I think drugs have done some really good things. If you don't believe me, go home tonight, take all your cassettes, CDs, etc and burn them. Because those artists that have made that music were real fucking high- Bill Hicks

Mon Sep 08, 2003 7:09 am
Minor Diety

Nah he didn't, he was playing on the fact that i look eastern-european. That or he just switched around east and west in his head, like i do all the time. :) Satis knows where Belgium is tho; it's that country he drove tru to get to Holland and its "perks". ;)

- Coach

Mon Sep 08, 2003 8:43 am
Felix Rex

Mon Sep 08, 2003 2:16 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Heh, no need to; the mighty fungus will have attached itself to your wheels and subsequently on you! Belgium will control all! :roll:

- Coach

Tue Sep 09, 2003 12:21 pm
King

Heh, no need to; the mighty fungus will have attached itself to your wheels and subsequently on you! Belgium will control all! :roll:

And then shall come the flamethrowers

Wed Sep 10, 2003 8:22 am
Reply to topic   [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next