It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 730 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next
Pictures 
Minor Diety

Post Re: Pictures
Hahaha no no it doesn't freeze in Finland in July. Well, not in the south anyway. :P In the north of the country (Rovaniemi) it can actually freeze in the summer, although it's rare.

To be clear: the first batch of pictures was in the summer in August, hence the lack of snow on them. The second batch was from earlier this year in February.

Guess I can't blame you for waiting with posting yours now haha...but you should do it sooner than I did anyway!

- Coach

Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:30 am
Minor Diety

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:48 pm
Felix Rex

Wait, is that you? Not Gandalf obviously. Anyway, lol at the comparison pics.

Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:11 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah the dude in the trendy lounge pants is me :)

Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:05 pm
Minor Diety

Love the pics! Looking good. Both of you. :P

How long have we all been hanging out here and on old walkthroughonline.com? 18 years or something? Hah! Gotta love it.

- Coach

Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:17 am
Minor Diety

Don't mention numbers/years, reality hurts too much :)

~King of Thieves~

Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:45 pm
Felix Rex

Oh jesus. We've been hanging out for a freaking generation (almost)? That's insane.

Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:12 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Hahaha I try to think of it as proof of the power of the internet. Sure, we don't spend to much time on forums anymore (life gets in the way) but it's pretty cool that a handful of strangers from all over the world ended up hanging out for so long based on just shared interest. Would have been completely unthinkable a generation ago. So there's a certain beauty in it.

Yeah yeah, I know what you're gonna say, so let me say it for you :P

- Coach

Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:02 am
Felix Rex

Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:51 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Merry Christmas everyone! Here is a picture of me next to a (defunct, obv) Panther tank in the Ardennes when I was in Belgium for Christmas.

Quote:
The Celles Panther was part of the German Army Kampfgruppe (combat group) von Cochenhausen, 2nd Panzer Division. On 21st December Panzer Lehr battle group was pulled out of the fight for Bastogne and regrouped with 2nd Panzer Division and the 116th Panzer Division Windhund for an assault on the town of Dinant to secure the crossing over the river Meuse. It fought its way through the town of St Hubert and the road to Dinant seemed open. Rochefort was taken on 23rd December 1944.

On the 24th December 1944 the advanced column of Panther tanks approached the junction of the N510 road with the N48. The local story is that the German's asked at the cafe 'pavillon des Ardennes' if the road to Dinant was open, had vehicles been using it recently. The Marthe Monrique, the cafe owner, lied and said that it was mined and dangerous so the Panzer V commander decided to go through the fields. This Panzer V Ausf. G was the lead tank. It drove over a mine and was put out of action in the field below the Chateau Acteau. The Germans stopped their advance for a while. After the war Marthe Monrique became known as the woman who stopped the tanks.

There's also a King Tiger somewhere there - one of the few remaining ones in the world - but I didn't get there. Shame.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

- Coach

Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:04 pm
Minor Diety

Good to see you. Standing in front of that thing must have triggered your MoW tendencies.

I’ve seen a KT up close in a tank museum and it is probably the scariest machine I’ve seen.

Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:54 am
Minor Diety

You lucky bastard. :-D Haven't seen one in my adult life haha. Will remedy that soon enough.

And yeah totally got MoW vibes. I'm actually itching to reinstall it...maybe I'll look if there have been amazing modding additions or something to give me an excuse. :lol:

- Coach

Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:12 pm
Minor Diety

I was in Finland to visit some friends again this week. Spent most of my time there in a summer house next to one of the biggest lakes in the country. Super quiet, clean water (the house used lake water for pretty much everything but drinking water), amazing wood furnace sauna and forests as far as the eye could see. Absolutely wonderful. :-)

- Coach

Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:10 pm
Minor Diety

Looks awesome, what was the temperature like?

~King of Thieves~

Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:55 am
Minor Diety

I'd say around 20 degrees during the day if the sun was out, 16-17 when it wasn't. So nothing crazy but nothing that'd make you shiver either.

- Coach

Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 730 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next