It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 730 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 49  Next
Pictures 
Minor Diety

Post Re: Pictures
Yeah i typed "fallus tower" first, but then changed it to rocket since it would seem like i have a perverted mind. Which i don't have.

You on the other hand, are a pervert Sir. :P

~King of Thieves~

Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:57 pm
Felix Rex

Cool pics. The...elongated hemispherical tower is a bit odd, though, I must concur.

Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:55 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I was like...omg Birmingham has one of those penis towers too?! Then I remember Derf's company HQ is in London. :roll:

Nice pics man, especially liked the forest walk ones. There are no forests on Malta, not even that many trees in general. Makes you nostalgic when you see a forest or even a green field. :(

Nice small flat too, like all the wood. What is that light outside your window though? Ghostly apparition?

Lol @ the knights of st john fortress btw. Those guys pretty much created Malta as it is now after being chased from the Greek islands they were on (Rhodos in particular) by the Ottoman Empire. Love it.

- Coach

Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:39 am
Minor Diety

The lights outside are car headlights from the street down below :)

The funny thing about the knights of st john in Kos is that they built that castle over many many years and it clearly took an enormous amount of energy, labour, life and money... but as far as I understand it was totally useless. soon after it was finished, the ottomans invaded and took the whole island with little effort :/ hooray for the religion-war combo!

Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:16 am
Minor Diety

Haha, yeah, that's a recurring theme in military history. Most famous one of course being the Maginot line.

Quote:
This French line of defense was constructed along the country’s border with Germany during the 1930s and named after Minister of War André Maginot. It primarily extended from La Ferté to the Rhine River, though sections also stretched along the Rhine and the Italian frontier. The main fortifications on the northeast frontier included 22 large underground fortresses and 36 smaller fortresses, as well as blockhouses, bunkers and rail lines. Despite its strength and elaborate design, the line was unable to prevent an invasion by German troops who entered France via Belgium in May 1940.

France: "'We built the greatest defensive forfications ever so you jerries can never invade France again!"
Germany: "We'll just take a detour around it through Belgium, that military behemoth."

:roll:

- Coach

Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:23 am
Minor Diety

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:22 pm
Felix Rex

You're looking really young there, Derf. All those vitamins seem to be paying off in spades.

More seriously, grats on the rugrat. Glad everything's working out for you.

Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:24 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

lol @ Satis. Great pics, very expressive eyes. Seems like an alert little girl!!

Since nobody really remembers how the gallery things works and it's not that many pics anyway, I figured I'd put some Finland (summer) pics here. Might as well! They're not very spectacular, as we mostly hung around, enjoyed nature and had beers. But I think they'll give you an idea of what it was like.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

- Coach

Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:12 am
Minor Diety

Round 2! The crazy sauna pics deserve their own post. :) Went to sauna like 5 times in 8 days, and in 4 different ones, but this one took the cake. It's again in the middle of nowhere, it's a privately owned one. It's in the backyard of these people who came up with the idea for building a proper sauna (fueled with firewood) inside a little greenhouse. If that seems strange, the area is known for its greenhouses, hence the theme. They got help from the local community and mostly used reclaimed materials, and it's pretty darn amazing.

The actual sauna had room for like 8 people, it had its own adjacent bathroom, a storage area for drinks (including a fridge), a shower IN the sauna, a heated tub outside and a grill next to it. Jesus Christ. These people, they got it together.

- Coach

Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:18 am
Felix Rex

that looks really awesome. Thanks for sharing the pics. You're right... that sauna and hot tub thing is amazing. I want something like that for my house!

Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:00 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Haha, glad you liked it! Yeah man, if I ever end up living in a place like that I'm definitely building one of these. Fucking amazing. You could freaking LIVE in that sauna greenhouse construction, there's fire, heating, a sauna, a bathroom and a tub. If you can store some food in there you're done. :lol: Well, keeping in mind it gets like -30 Celcius in the winter of course. Maybe things become a bit more difficult then.

I got inspired to sort some pictures of my winter visit too now, so here you go. The picture quality is much less (I was using an older device), but eh.

- Coach

Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:01 am
Minor Diety

I'll use this post for pictures from my little visit to Suomenlinna. It's only a 20 minute ferry ride away from the main city and it's basically a collection of islands in the archipelago in front of Helsinki that have been connected into one sea fortress to stop naval invasions. The fortififcations are still there, but these days they're obviousyl not used anymore. But a few people actually live there, there is one tiny supermarket, some small museums, a restaurant and even a small brewery (!), and it's a nice area to walk or ride your bike (which a lot of people do in the weekend, usually in summer though, they're not crazy tourists like me).

Short video of the trip with the ferry to the island. Doesn't really show the sound it actually makes to crash through the ice floes but hey , you get the idea.

- Coach

Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:18 am
Felix Rex

Cool, thanks for the pics and stuff. Looks really awesome... and quite different from our vacation in August. :roll: I'll post pics eventually... probably.

Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:35 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Where are those pics bitch?! :D

(he says after waiting 6 months to post the pics from the February trip haha)

- Coach

Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:25 am
Felix Rex

Wait, those pics are from February? Jesus man, here I was thinking Finland freezes over in July or something. :roll: Damnit. At least I know I have 6 months to get my pics posted. :P

Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:24 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 730 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 49  Next