It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 465 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 31  Next
What are you playing now? 
Felix Rex

Post Re: What are you playing now?
Bitch, no excuses. You had two Obama presidencies you could have come in. Now you're stuck. Besides, you're making the fat stacks now. Get your ass over here.

Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:05 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Hahaha well fat stacks is probably a slight exaggeration, but yes, you do have a point. :P

What a story to tell my grandchildren though "I went to America for the first time when president Trump was in charge".

- Coach

Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:20 pm
Minor Diety

So, I finished The Witcher 3 (maion campaign) and enjoyed every second of it.

If I try to disregard the nostalgia goggles, it's probably the best game I ever played. The graphics are redonk, the atmosphere/worldbuilding is amazing, the combat challenging and the story is pretty captivating. You know it's a rare game when you actually care about the story and the characters. That's not to say the game is perfect, because (as mentioned before) it's got some issues when it comes to communicating the game mechanics and the early game is rough as fuck, but after that I enjoyed every second of it.

Just finished it and I'm slowly playing through the expansions (which seem to be really good too, but I've only played them briefly so far).

I've now started a co-op game of Divinity: Orginal Sin with a friend and it's a lot of fun too. I was surprised at the challenges the game threw at us, and the general level of writing. We struggled a lot in the early game but now we're starting to find our way. I know Peltz has played the game already, but for the rest of your the elemental stuff is a lot of fun to play with. You can create oil patches, put them on fire, then douse them again with a rain spell, and so on. We're constantly finding out new logical combinations. We've used a regeneration spell on a zombie and it worked in reverse on it (makes sense), and when we ran into a trap blocking a doorway we just had an archer shoot the trap. The dialogue is surprisingly good too, and the co-op aspect is made stronger by the fact that you can discuss a lot of major discussions between each other. This affects your personalities, and how you eventually work together. Really cool. I hope the game stays as fun as it is now!

- Coach

Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:46 pm
Stranger

I have finished the game twice. Which is quite the rare thing for me when it comes to long story driven games. It's a club of Baldur's Gate, NWN, IWD2 and a few others. No more than 10.

Since i actually go to work now, the time for games has shrunk to too little. While waiting for the steam sale I have been mostly playing MoW AS2 on heroic. The game is just horrible at that difficulty level and it takes quite a lot of time to finish maps but i'm not backing down. I have to reload fairly often because the game spawns immortal tanks on the enemy side. I had a fight where a medium tank took about 40+ shots from AT guns and tanks with calibers starting at the 30mm all the way up to 75mm. And the fucker just kept going, so I reloaded and the next time it spawned it was taken out by the third shot in the face (front armor).

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:56 am
Minor Diety

Wow, reading my post of last night again it's pretty obvious I was blinding drunk on Finnish brandy. :roll: Still, it conveyed my message accurately. :P

Peltz is right, it's a very very well crafted game. The mechanics are a heap of fun and there is so much detail in everything. My friend has the "pet pal" trait that allows him to speak to animals (of all kinds) and it's given us some of the best time we've had so far. From epic quests to silly things like finding a tomcat's gemstone-studded collar so he can impress the uppity lady cat of the mayor. I'm always down to help a cat brother out. :P

The game is HARD though, at least at early levels. We've barely been scraping by for the most part, and we are experienced RPG players. Sometimes it gets a little frustrating, but then you just go do something else and come back a bit stronger later. Like with The Witcher 3, it may just be that I'm not so used to RPG's that are aren't "on rails" or have level scaling so much anymore due to more modern RPG's. But I like the sense of achievement you get from winning a fight that saw you die in 20 seconds the first time you tried. :P

I played Assault Squad 2 only in coop with you and Derf Peltz, so I wouldn't know. I'm not sure why you would do that to yourself though, heroic difficulty. I think it's just multiplying the micromanagement and enemy toughness no? Lol @ that medium tank. In my experience, it just happens sometimes in MoW...I guess it's not entirely unrealistic that a tank can miraculously survive a shitload of impact depending on luck and angles, and then bites it on the first frontal shell the next time. Not that it makes for fun gaming though.

I remember this one veteran Tiger in a game that Derf and I were playing. That fucker just wouldn't die. He'd push through our lines, take all the AT fire and destroy our armor in the process. In the end a lowly AT infantryman hiding behind a pile of straw damaged it's tracks so at least it couldn't move anymore. But since it was in a mostly open field it took us so much effort to actually take it out. I think we ended up putting the engine on fire somehow so the crew had to flee. Then Derf spent 20 mins refueling and repairing it and we used to fuck the jerries up good. :-D Burst straight through a farm and a few walls in the middle of the enemy, was glorious That moment alone was worth all the money I ever paid for MoW games. :-D

- Coach

Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:07 am
Stranger

Playing Assassins Creed 3, the one with the hybrid native american protagonist. It's not bad but the streets are full of little shit the protagonist grabs hold of while trying to escape angry patrols. It is annoying and frustrating. The AC4 Black flag is still better but I haven't played the ones that follow, AC5 Syndicate i think. Anyway AC3 is worth the 0€ i spent on it :D.

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:42 am
Felix Rex

Yea, AC3 is one of my least favorite I've played so far. It's not bad, it's just not great. Liberty is about the same (that's the female black protagonist based in New Orleans).

Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:13 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

I absolutely hated the first one. That one was work.

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:54 pm
Minor Diety

You mean riding your horse from town to town and fighting hordes of guardsmen who patiently awaited their turn to get a one-on-one fight with you while they stood around you in a circle? :) Yeah, I hated it too. But I have to say the actual "free running" movement was done really well, and the game had style. But it was such a slog, ugh.

I played and love Doom as you know, and I also played and kind of liked Wolfenstein: The Old Blood. Not as enthusiastic about that, but it wasn't terrible. The game is just lucky that nazi occultism is such a fun subject matter. :P I refer you to my review on Steam for further information.

Meanwhile I am still very much addicted to my recent steam sale purchase The Binding of Isaac Rebirth (+ Afterbirth). So damn fucking good. Too good really, I play too much of it tbh. Gonna tone it down a little so I don't burn out on it completely. Probably will play The Turing effect next, and the Sunless Sea expansion Zubmariner. Yeah, Sunless Sea can be a grind, but luckily my previous captain had the ambition to retire to a life of wealth, and one of the legacies is that you can inherit the lodgings and half of the forture of your predecessor. Which I of course took. Starting the game with 15.000 crowns and a mansion means I can skip a lot of the "get better shit" grinding and can go straight to the good stuff.

Mo' money, less grindin'.

- Coach

Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:51 am
Minor Diety

Rimworld of late, but no for a while. It's still in Alpha. The late game needs some work, as you run out of purpose once you're relatively well developed. Curve ceases.

Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:06 am
Minor Diety

Yeah man, I keep telling you to not play the amazing games when they are still in early access. :) That way you'll end up hating them by the time they are actually feature complete and won't enjoy them anymore. :P

- Coach

Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:23 pm
Felix Rex

I'm pretty much done with The Division lately. It got really repetitive and the last DLC is all PVP focused...so, blah. I did play the open beta for Ghost Recon Wildlands... it's not amazing, but it's fun enough. I'll probably buy in. More rat-a-tat-tat, but with less bullet sponging. :roll: Still working my way through Mad Max otherwise. Rimworld is fun, but I'm kinda bored with my late-stage colony. I want to try another one at a higher difficulty setting.

Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:54 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Still doing Hardcore difficulty Men of War AS2 maps. Don't ask, its probably somekind of SM thing. Anyway lots of loading and saving thanks to the whole "I have to shoot your one tank 69 times and enemy tank oneshots all my armor." This game really is the Superbowl of WTFBBQ on steroids when played on the highest difficulty. But i'm getting better.

I played Pillars of Eternity and completed the main story but reloaded to an earlier save to do White March quest line. While all the components are there the game feels out of balance. The combat is strangely unsatisfying and badly paced. The stories are not bad but feel too much like forced into grey area morality wise. I don't know. Maybe the sequel will be better. All in on all, Divinity Original Sin mops the floor with this game. Maybe i'm old :D.

Started Witcher3. Not impressed so far. I recently wrapped up the Griffin quest line and now moving toward Vizima i think.

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:49 am
Minor Diety

Respect for still playing MoW.

I'd jump back into it if they have a Dynamic Campaign Generator mod for MoW2,

Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:27 pm
Minor Diety

Haven't been playing much lately since I wasn't home. Gonna continue my coop game with a friend through Divinity: Original Sin this week, and play some more Planescape:Torment (the original, not the new one yet). Probably sprinkled with some Isaac throughout. :)

- Coach

Sun May 21, 2017 5:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 465 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 31  Next