It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deux Ex: Human Revolution 
Minor Diety

Post Re: Deux Ex: Human Revolution
Coolio. I'll wait and see what it brings, then I'll wait for a sale. ;)

One thing that bugs me the most about DLC is that they usually just add stuff DURING the game's story, instead of extending it somehow. I know, I know, extending is hard without making something halfway a proper expansion, but it's kind of silly to have to go back in-game to play all these new sidequests or to see how they change the story's tone/big idea. That's why I'm waiting for all the New Vegas DLC to come out before starting a new game with a ton of mods. That way it'll actually feel like a grander, more expansive game...

- Coach

Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:22 am
Felix Rex

Yea, I agree, though there's no way they could extend the Deus Ex game. Well, maybe, but whether or not they could depends on the choices you make. *shrug* I'm looking forward to expansion to the original game, though I'd prefer it with a different character and a different storyline. Seeing the same story from a different perspective isn't very inspiring, imo.

Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:16 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

This might go some way to explain why the DX:HR boss battles feel so alien to the game.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/09 ... utsourced/

- Coach

Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:33 am
Felix Rex

btw, have you noticed that we suddenly have ads in the loading screens? Annoying. I guess paying $50 per game isn't enough.

Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:46 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah, it's getting a pretty bad response from most gaming communities too...so let's hope it stays an experiment instead of becoming a fixed thing. :/

The silliest thing about it all is that in a game like Deus Ex, you could actually spice up the (future) world with ads from major corporations that could still very much exist by then. McDo's, EA, whatever. on billboards in the game, or as restaurants in the game, they may actually make sense and contribute to the atmosphere (if done tastefully).

But McDo's popping up in a beautifully drawn neo-renaissance DX:HR loading screen, wtf...

- Coach

Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:24 am
Felix Rex

Apparently they do have ads in game on billboards, from what I was reading. I never noticed. But yea, that doesn't bother me.

BTW, you can block it by using a hosts file to kill the ad server. If you actually care, I can dig up the link or provide instructions.

Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:38 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I'm not replaying it yet, so maybe later. :)

- Coach

Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:51 am
Stranger

I think this guy might be enjoying this game more than he should.

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:03 pm
Felix Rex

lol, that guys sucks. :roll: Having (the equivalent of) and enormous monitor doesn't help if you suck.

Seriously though, I'd love to get multiple monitors, but there're several things stopping me... for one, performance... my graphics card sometimes has problems doing full graphics at 1920x1200... can it really do 2-6 times that? Also support in games isn't that great... see all those errors he kept getting? Curious if those were related to his setup. There's also the problem of bezels.

The company I work for actually does digital signage, and we have these cool "cube" things that use a fresnel-lens type thing to basically remove the bezel from some 3x4 monitors. The end result is you can stack these sucks together and they look like one big monitor, sorta. Or really a bunch of cube monitors with no bezels. We sell a product that can do 16 outputs, so you can imagine what a 4x4 stack of monitors can look like. :twisted: Unfortunately, the graphics cards we put in our devices wouldn't be able to push Human Revolution. :(

Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:34 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Short movie.

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:45 pm
Minor Diety

Cool stuff Peltz. :) Like how they used the music from the game + stuff like punching people through walls. Fight scene wasn't bad either!

Satis, how expensive are those things you're talking about? Ridiculously, or just extravagantly? :D

- Coach

Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:05 am
Stranger

Those two posts are 5 years apart so things have probably somewhat changed :D.

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:48 am
Felix Rex

lol, yea, I had no idea what he's talking about. What things? The monitor cubes with the fresnel lens? Hell if I know. Bezels have shrunk so much over the years I'm not sure it would make sense any more.

Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:54 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3