It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Shadow Warrior 2 
Minor Diety

Post Shadow Warrior 2
So apparently Shadow Warrior 2 is coming out next month. The sequel to the remake of the original Shadow Warrior, that is. :)

As I very, very much enjoyed the first instalment I am eagerly looking forward to this one. I came close to preordering, but then decided (as with almost every game) that there isn't really a point. :roll: It's reasonably priced at around the 30 euro mark though!

The gameplay looks still hella tight and like a load of fun. For some examples, see this vid:

They have a coop feature now too, which I'm gonna enjoy the shit out of as well. :)

Apparently I'm quite the Flying Wild Hog fan (the developer) btw. :roll: I get a 20% discount because I own both Shadow Warrior 1 and Hard Reset (Redux). Coincidentally, those are probably the best shooters I've played in years.

- Coach

Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:36 pm
Felix Rex

Post Re: Shadow Warrior 2
That's cool.

So... wasn't there supposed to be a sequel to hard reset? The story kinda didn't really end with the end of the game. I mostly enjoyed the game as well, with some caveats. Same with Shadow Warrior. Still, they were both fun.

Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:08 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I think they kind of set the game up for a sequel, but I've never heard of them working on it...I think some of their other games sold really well so they moved on to more "mainstream" games perhaps? Hard Reset was half tech demo, half ultra old school non-stop bullet hell. Apparently very enjoyable for you and me, but probably not so much for the general public. :roll: They're probably demanding they can play it with their controllers. :wink:

- Coach

Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:04 am
Felix Rex

I just seem to remember Hard Reset ending with a huge boss fight, but no resolution to the story. Damned if I can remember what the story was, though. Something about robots going crazy and murdering people? Hell if I know. Anyway, good on them for making pretty games. I applaud this. :wink:

Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:52 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

It's possible that they "fixed" that in the Extended Edition. I never played the game when it first came out, but only later when it was updated. Either way, yeah, story was meh. :D They should have gone the Serious Sam way and done away with it altogether.

- Coach

Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:23 am
Felix Rex

Yea. I like a good story line... but a lot of games can get away with no story line. Sometimes that's preferable.

Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:00 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]