It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
TF2 inventories/trading 
Minor Diety

Post Re: TF2 inventories/trading
Btw just a heads-up for everyone...Valve has started to implement the "market" feature on Steam, meaning that soon we'll be able to trade anything for real money on there. And when I say "real money" I mean Steam wallet money. :roll: Still, it may be good to know for everyone who doesn't play or care about TF2 anymore as it will mean you'll be able to sell your tf2 hats for actual money that you can use to buy games with on Steam.

Most of the items or hats we have aren't worth THAT much, but some are worth close to 20 dollar (bill's hat for one). Some of the higher end unusuals are worth over a 1000 dollars of course.

So yeah, hold on to them if you can. :) Don't give them to a scammer like O'Cram haha. For now you can only trade some items (no hats), but soon it'll be everything.

- Coach

Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:37 am
Stranger

Quote:
Don't give them to a scammer like O'Cram haha.

haha :D

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:36 pm
Minor Diety

So since I don't play TF2 much at all anymore (it tends to come and go), I've decided to cash out and sell most of the items in my inventory worth anything. There are still a ton of items in there that are not 'marketable', ie that can't sell for cash on the Steam market anyway, so I'll still have a good variation of weapons and cosmetic items regardless if I feel like playing later. I'm also keeping some marketable but not very expensive vintage weapons. I could replace them for 'normal' versions pretty easily but can't be arsed.

It's gonna take a while since I don't use the authenticator so I have to wait 15 days before everything is listed, but I'm expecting to clear roughly 100 euro. So not too bad. :)

If I trade some of my other valuable but unmarketable hats and items I'm sure I could go to 150 euro eventually, but not sure I can be bothered. Besides, I am attached to some of my hats. :P

- Coach

Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:20 am
Felix Rex

That's a great idea. I should totally do that. Thanks for the suggestion. I haven't played TF2 in a really, really long time. I'm such a graphics snob, I'm not sure I can do it. Left4Dead2 was looking REALLY shoddy when I played it recently.

Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:04 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah, Bill's Hat alone is worth 6 dollars or more on the market. :)

Keep in mind that I've spent some money on having fun with the different TF2 'theme updates' like the alien one etc, so my inventory is relatively valuable. I'm guessing other inventories may be worth quite a bit less, but hey, even 20 dollar can buy you a few nice games for items you never use anyway.

- Coach

Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:35 am
Minor Diety

My stuff has been up for a few days now and I've made 50 euros so far. Hoping to make another 40 or 50 on the rest. :-)

- Coach

Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:56 am
Minor Diety

Right, i was going to put my stuff up for sale as well. Keep bumping this topic :wink:

~King of Thieves~

Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:14 am
Felix Rex

Yea, I keep putting it off too. Putting stuff on sale on item at a time is SOOOO fucking time consuming.

Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:20 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah, i put up the boxes i had for sale, and then i found out i had to verify each item through email as well. How time consuming! Ugh. :x

I'm just thinking, items in inventory probably don't include items you've got equiped right? So i'll have to go ingame to strip every character of it's gear?

~King of Thieves~

Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:02 am
Minor Diety

No, the inventory through Steam shows all items, also the ones you've got equipped. Luckily. :)

And yes, it's stupid and time consuming. And takes up to 14 days to list if you don't use the authenticator...but just take an hour to do it, and make sure you sell everything a bit under what it's actually worth so you'll actually get rid of it and don't have to wait another 14 days to relist it. :roll:

- Coach

Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:25 am
Felix Rex

I put a bunch of stuff on sale. I had a Bill's hat as well, worth $5 and change. Most of the stuff I put on for a bit more than it's worth. As long as they don't time out (and they don't seem to) I figure it'll eventually sell, probably. We'll see. They should become available in about a week. :roll: All the email verification and the 14 day hold is fucking annoying. Over virtual goods, most of which are only worth 10 cents or so.

Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:30 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah, I'd be ok with it if they did it for all the goods that are worth over, say, a dollar to 5 dollars. But not freaking 10 cent trading cards.

I made 46 euros for now. My next batch of items is going up on the 11th, and I'm expecting to make around 30 euros from that. Not bad! That'll last me well into the Christmas sale, as long as I don't blow 60 euro on a new game on a drunken evening. :roll:

- Coach

Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:10 am
Stranger

If you do, try to accidentally hit the "send this gift to Peltz" button :D.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:25 am
Felix Rex

My first big batch of stuff came off the 15 day wait today. I've already sold $4.46. So, worth it! I'm totally gonna buy a $60 game to celebrate. :roll:

Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:59 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Hahaha good to hear you're making the equivalent of a burger at McDo's out of this for now. :roll:

I made a good haul so far, but the tricky thing about this ridiculous 15 day holding period is that by the time my items actually get listed they've already dropped in price and no one wants to buy them. :? Even though I listed them below the market price when I originally listed them. Pfff.

- Coach

Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next