It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Terraria 
Minor Diety

Post Re: Terraria
You almost make me play Terraria again ... must resist!

Btw i do think that bosses get stronger (or at least get more hp) if more players are playing. Seem to recall that it was like that in earlier versions, unless it's changed now.

~King of Thieves~

Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:02 am
Minor Diety

Oh, damn. Well I can only presume it will still be useful having someone operate a Cannon while I frantically try to stay alive.

Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:43 am
Minor Diety

Got some help from Ox last night in my new world. He's built a very handy platform that goes all the way east, for which to build minecart rails on. I suspect we may have to lay the rails together, as in my experience laying them while fending off monsters can make it a tricky process.

Summoned the Wall of Flesh to enter hardmode, and owned it with surprising ease. Must have taken a minute or two.

The search for additional heart statues continues!

Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:12 am
Minor Diety

Having a lot of fun providing some manual labour + combat help to Derf. :)

Btw, I found out bosses do not gain extra HP if you are fighting with 2 or more players. This only happens in "expert mode", which is kind of like the L4D hardcore survival mode. Which also partially explains why we killed the Wall of Flesh so quickly that we only used like 1/10th of the entire walkway Derf built to fight it. :lol:

- Coach

Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:39 am
Felix Rex

Shiny and I noticed you playing Terraria the other day. Must've been why. :roll:

Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:40 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Haven't managed to catch you this weekend Ox, but i've been on Terraria a little bit. Searching in vain for more Heart Statues. Not found an additional one yet. I think I may have to construct the arena for which to fight The Destroyer on. I'll give you a shout when i've done that, as I shall require your fighting assistance.

I want to try and do this relatively soon because, since the world is in hardmode now, corruption is slowly spreading, so I want to kill The Destroyer in order to get the Punker NPC, which has a "Clentaminator" object that makes short work of cleansing the world of Corruption.

Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:38 am
Minor Diety

No worries, I was busy most of the weekend myself.

For the destroyer, this seems like an easy enough tactic:

Quote:
Using a Magic Mirror to escape from The Destroyer will not cause it to despawn. It will follow the player back to their spawn, no matter how far away it is. Because of this, a great strategy for players is to set their spawn point near a Nurse and use a Magic Mirror when their health is low and to heal back up

- Coach

Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:44 am
Minor Diety

Derf and I (mostly Derf, I was there as fodder/to give a damage boost) beat the Destroyer yesterday. Was a ridiculously difficult fight. I died 4-5 times, Derf once, but we managed to kill it before sundawn.

Derf also broke some shadow orbs to give our world high-grade metals like Titanium. :) Neat stuff. We also have a 'Steampunker' merchant now who sells all kinds of sweet things like teleporting pads. :o If I'd known that I wouldn't have bothered with building the highway earlier hahaha. Still, it's finished, and it's a thing of beauty if I say so myself.

I checked and the other mechanical bosses aren't that tough really...not as tough as the destroyer at least. They have half his HP and aren't so annoying, from what I can see.

This game seriously got some upgrades since I last played it though. So much new gear, new enemies, new stuff to be found in the world, new merchants, furniture, cool gagdets and so on. I'm working towards building a cell phone/PDA. :demon:

- Coach

Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:03 am
Stranger

You must resist the devil. It's evil, evaaaaaaaaaaaaal!!

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:19 am
Minor Diety

No I died about 4 times too :shock:

Teleporting pads apparently requires some kind of wiring, which I haven't yet figured out, so the monorail is useful still :)

I had a quick scan of the map, and couldn't spot any Titanium, which is curious. Maybe I need to smash a few more altars.

I've got the Clentaminator now, so I think i'm going to try and understand how big a job it might be to halt the corruption. The ammo it uses is quite expensive, so i'm now having to think about how I can earn enough cash to sustain a prolonged cleanup campaign. Maybe i'll mine lesser ores, make them into ingots, and sell them off.

Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:14 am
Minor Diety

I think we should work towards a metal detector for finding Titanium.

I've beaten the wall of flesh in my game and smashed some altars to get the ores, and I realized a few things:

- orichalcium and titanium are pretty damn uncommon
- titanium is almost impossible to distinguish from silver, platinum etc on sight. Even the spelunker potion doesn't help (much) since it only highlights the ores but doesn't tell you which ones you're looking at.

So can you make sure to check the travelling merchant for this item? http://terraria.gamepedia.com/Lifeform_Analyzer With it we can find a nymph and thus a metal detector. Should make our troubles go away.

Btw, when mining for orichalcium on my map I found 2 relatively large caches of titanium. I've marked them, but I can't mind them yet. I'll invite you into my world next game and show you where they are so you can get them. It's a start.

I'll be watching footy tonight so probably tomorrow or after though!

- Coach

Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:33 am
Minor Diety

Interesting stuff! I'm making some notes on all the shizzle that needs doing :S

Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:18 am
Minor Diety

Update for everyone:

We found metal detectors and are now geared up to ultimate pimphood. i'm working on a full set of titanium armor, other than that it's just a boss or two left to beat and we can get to the ultra god super tier armor and weapons. :roll:

We also have jetpacks. JETPACKS.

- Coach

Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:42 am
Felix Rex

Your backpack's got jets?

Cool. If I hadn't just bought a stupid number of games, I might be tempted to play Terraria again. I actually reinstalled it recently. But then the summer sale happened and I'll be lost in a cloud of other games for awhile. :wink:

Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:44 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Understandably. :D

Even I've started delving into some new games already, since Derf was not there yesterday. Mostly been playing Hotline Miami 2, and it's pretty good. Great music, creepy/spacy storyline, brutal violence, good gameplay.

- Coach

Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next