It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Eurovision 2016 - Estonian songs: The final 10. 
Felix Rex

Post Re: Eurovision 2016 - Estonian songs: The final 10.
I think most languages, when spoken by a native, sounds pretty awesome. I hate that song above, though. :roll: Just not my style, tbh... and I really don't have it, I just really, really dislike it.

Lol.. the Polish one was already removed by the poster by the time I got to it. The remaining songs are... bad. Still, I'm kind of a weirdo. Any why doesn't Sweden submit some good Death Metal? It's what they're known for (at least in my circles).

Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:14 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Should've sent her instead with this song.

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:54 am
Felix Rex

Holy crap that's terrible. Also, the big guy with the beard and the red hair, I just want to set him on fire. Is that a strange urge?

Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:38 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah, didn't like it either. But didn't dislike it as much as Satis. :roll:

In agreement on beardy mcbeard though!

- Coach

Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:12 pm
Minor Diety

FYI,

Malta's entry for this year's Eurovision

It's a decent song; but not more than that. Maybe if they put in a good live performance they can make it to the final. Very Maltese video btw, salt pans and rocky shoreline. :roll:

The Australian entry is pretty good. A spot in the final is pretty much a guarantee.

Sweden has an ok song this year, but I don't think they're gonna win (again). I kinda like it, but not as much as Russia's song. Then again, I hated their song last year and it won, so who knows. :P

- Coach

Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:27 am
Stranger

The australian one ranks by far as the best I've heard so far. I don't really like the russian song, mostly because the singer has a weak voice. The swedish song is ok.

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:28 am
Felix Rex

It may come as a surprise, but I think all those songs are terrible. :roll: For some reason the lyrics stood out as super-ridiculous as well. It's probably my mood. "The sound of silence..."? "Walk a thousand miles..." Ugh. Can we stop with the cliches please? That may be difficult for the non-English speakers, so I probably shouldn't be so judgmental.

Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:21 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Oh but it can be so much worse. That's why we've come to appreciate strong vocals and the overall vibe of the song and not so much about the actual lyrics. It could be Rihanna's latest butcher-work of melody. Every time i hear that song i die a little inside.

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:00 am
Minor Diety

Satis wrote:
It may come as a surprise, but I think all those songs are terrible. :roll: For some reason the lyrics stood out as super-ridiculous as well. It's probably my mood. "The sound of silence..."? "Walk a thousand miles..." Ugh. Can we stop with the cliches please? That may be difficult for the non-English speakers, so I probably shouldn't be so judgmental.

oh I don't disagree, but that one is actually an Australian entry so yeah they didn't reach very deep into their box of native speaker clichés. But what do you expect, it's Australia. :lol:

- Coach

Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:56 am
Felix Rex

lol, that Rihanna song is horrible. I made it through about 10 seconds of 'der der der' before I had to turn it off. :roll: And lol at Australia. They need to leave English to the American that invented it!

Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:24 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Talk about Australians stealing your godgiven American heritage...how about rapping like you're from the South? :P

The only thing even remotely 'right' in that video + song is the big booty.

- Coach

Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:28 am
Felix Rex

Ok, her.. accent.. or whatever you want to call it... is really freaking irritating.

So, out of curiosity, I youtubed some interviews of her to see how she really talks... and yea, nothing like how she sings. She's just got a hard core Aussie accent (as I'm sure you probably guessed). I'm cool with Aussie accents. They're hot. It's a toss up for me between Irish and Aussie accents for the hottest.

Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:23 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Hahaha told you!

What I understand even less is how she can still have such a strong Australian accent after living in the US for close to 10 years. Most people would start to blend it with their 'new' accent after a while. Yet she only sounds 'American' when she's rapping. Uhm...ok? Makes no sense to me.

- Coach

Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:02 am
Minor Diety

Great show this year!! Voting time :D

I voted

1) Spain
2) Australia
3) France
4) Russia
5) Israel

- Coach

Sat May 14, 2016 3:12 pm
Stranger

If i had voted, it would've been for Australia. Ukraine song would've been at the bottom of my list right next to Russia.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun May 15, 2016 12:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next